PDA

View Full Version : 'Sully' and 'Tuskegee Airmen' Featured in 2010 Rose Parade

Dain Arns
January 1st, 2010, 11:21
Capt. Sullenberger, you remember the pilot from that little incident with US Airways flight 1549 on the Hudson River about a year ago already, was Grand Marshal of the 2010 Rose Parade from Pasadena this year. :icon_lol:

The Tuskegee Airmen were featured on a float from the city of West Covina in the parade as well. The float had a few of the remaining members of the 332nd Fighter Group riding out front. :salute:

Great stuff to see this year!

harleyman
January 1st, 2010, 13:54
I missed it too...

Thanks for posting this.....:applause:

GT182
January 1st, 2010, 17:18
Missed the parade too. We were trying to launch the Mig-21 but even that didn't happen due to the weather.

Thanks for posting the two pictures Dain. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif

Panther_99FS
January 1st, 2010, 21:00
:applause::applause::applause:

tigisfat
January 1st, 2010, 21:45
Where's the other pilot? Capt. Sullenberger does deserve fame and notoriety, but so does the copilot.

Piglet
January 1st, 2010, 22:02
Did he ditch the float in the L.A. River!?!

jmig
January 2nd, 2010, 02:38
Nice that aviators were featured.

tigisfat, I agree with you. However, I think he was the Grand Marshall. You can only have one of those at a time. Besides, the aircraft commander (PIC) always gets the glory of infamy.

Cazzie
January 2nd, 2010, 02:47
Watched the entire event on Home & Garden TV Channel without commercial interruption. :applause::applause::applause:

How about those snow surfing dogs? :icon_lol: Man, that was the largest float I have ever seen in a Rose Bowl Parade. :isadizzy:

Kudos to Sully and all those magnificent men and their flying machines. Flying was well represented in yesterday's Rose parade, nice barnstorming Stearman float too.

I absolutely loved the guy operating the large white marionette in front of the Samba float. I would give anything to have rhythm like that.

The Chinese Float was beautiful too Chacha.

And what a day for a morning parade, 71 degrees. And here I sit, typing this and they only call for a high of 29 degrees here with wind gusts to 30 mph. Double Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Oh, to be in sunny Florida or California right now.

Caz