PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Container Manager for FSX?

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 09:07
Someone told me in another thread sometime last year that there was such an animal in the works. . .has anyone heard any more on this, or even know if it actually will happen? For anyone how uses it for FS9 aircraft, you know what an amazing program it is and makes short work of a lot of day to day tweaks within the aircraft config file for one. It would be a a great addition to the FSX arsenal if it really did happen.

stiz
January 1st, 2010, 09:13
i heard that the guy that made the fs9 version was back and working on an FSX version several months ago, heard nothing since.

PutPut
January 1st, 2010, 10:23
i heard that the guy that made the fs9 version was back and working on an FSX version several months ago, heard nothing since.

I had a email conversation with the original author last Sept. He stated he was doing an FSX version but the recoding was very substantial and would take several months. Haven't talked with him since. Hope he does bring this to fruition.

Paul

d0mokun
January 1st, 2010, 14:53
Indeed- ACM for FS9 was (is?) an incredibly handy utility- here's to hoping that it'll be resurrected for FSX! :ernae:

EgoR64
January 1st, 2010, 16:38
:wavey:

Inexpensive cool tool here -

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1152

Cheers

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 16:46
. . . . .Inexpensive cool tool here -Cheers
Thanks Ego, but ACM is so much more in depth and visually exacting in that it supplies you with a wireframe (pulled from the aircraft mdl file) of the aircraft and for correcting lighting positions it was better than anything I've ever seen. I could do an entire hangar worth of aircraft with A2A 3D light effects in half a day, no problem, because I could see the actual position of the lights as I move the specs around. Nothing out there like it.

I appreciate the HU and the link, but nothing compares to ACM and hopefully it's FSX big brother.:salute:

Henry
January 1st, 2010, 19:23
i love acm for fs9
it works for fsx but only on fs9 models
and you have to have an aircraft folder
H