PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding Question

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 08:47
I have a total of 10 different ports set up on my router to forward for various functions of Multiplayer:
Basic MP Ports, Teamspeak, FSNavigator and so on. I started flying a new MP Server last week and just did a second flight yesterday afternoon. Pilots started dropping like flies at one point and the moderator said it appeared that someone didn't have their router set up correctly. I had just run my "open Port" test program and everything looked fine, but when I looked over their list of necessary ports to be open, they showed an additional three that I don't have forwarded. . .not to mention that I don't have room for in the router setup.

Two of them (23400 and 23460) I could lump into a range since I already forward 23456-23458. . .so I could set up a range to go from 23400-23460 and get all of them I need. I remember someone telling me at one time thought that doing that "range" forward doesn't work.

Anyone know for sure if it will or how I can add an additional three ports if I only have space for 10? lol

cheezyflier
January 1st, 2010, 11:28
xp has this stupid deal about open ports that drives me up the wall. i know there is a patch for it, google is your friend there. i'd do it for you but i have to run out right now. anyhow, it has had little (but some) effect for me.
good luck

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 13:23
I'm gonna close this out, but for anyone who was curious, I did a range of ports to cover the ones in question, saved that configuration and then ran the port test utility and all ports were open and that was verified by the MP server I was flying on.
Consider this my "first Official" act as a new staff member of SOH. . .this thread is closed:salute: