PDA

View Full Version : Waste of 30 bucks

Racer
December 31st, 2009, 15:35
Well it seems that my x-plane decided to go out on me keeps saying it had about 30 errors while installing and to skip or retry either way it doesn't work.
P.S. I've only installed it once before and I only installed default scenery I wanted to install all of it so I uninstalled it and that's when the problems started.
I did restart when I uninstalled
Any help appreciated.
If it doesn't work I'm sticking with FSX.

GT182
January 1st, 2010, 09:53
Go and look in your Registry. If anything from the old install is tere delete it. That could possibly be a problem. Also go into the drive where X-Plane was installed to and if there's any folder for it leftover just delete that too. Ususally if anything is leftover from an uninstall, deleting it will solve the problem..... 9 times out of 10.

Racer
January 1st, 2010, 11:21
So if I delete it out of the registry and X-plane folder it'll probably work
I'm glad I came to this forum:bump:
I'm sorry what would I search for it's not coming up under X-plane
edit2: I already think I deleted the X-plane in Program Files because it's not there

GT182
January 1st, 2010, 16:45
Racer, I'm not sure what it is in the Registry... I don't have X-Plane. It could be named as to who the company is that made X-Pane. Like EA Games is for the install of the Medal of Honor games.

Kiwikat
January 2nd, 2010, 19:29
So if I delete it out of the registry and X-plane folder it'll probably work
I'm glad I came to this forum:bump:
I'm sorry what would I search for it's not coming up under X-plane
edit2: I already think I deleted the X-plane in Program Files because it's not there

LMAO :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Mobayrasta
January 5th, 2010, 13:54
Make sure you are installing X-Plane from your highest drive letter. Dont ask me why but X-Plane will not install from anything except the highest drive letter. If you use Dameon tools are anything else that makes a virtual drive make sure you disable your virtual drives. My dvd rom drives are D and E. X-plane will only install from drive E as it is the one with the highest drive letter. It is a known problem with X-Plane and with all the updates that Austin puts out you think he would have fixed this by now.

X-Plane does not make any changes to the registry. It is all installed on the root of your hard drive. Mine is installed in C:/ X-Plane so you will find no traces of it in your program files.

If you need any more help please let me know.