PDA

View Full Version : Sinking tower

mjrhealth
December 31st, 2009, 11:25
well this is an odd one and has me beat. As many are aware if you go to online flying, set yourself up as atc in tower and save it a a flight, you can then off line load that saved flight to view the AI at aiport in tower view, Its great but I have a problem and am at a loss as to the cause, its probably an add on. But when i go to the tower view it slowly descends in altitude till it reaches ground level, I have just done a complete reinstall of XP and FSX, it worked fine in beggining the i installed a few add ons and now this. I even deactivated all the scenry addons, so its got me ?? Oh and it was doing it on the old install as well, but i also worked fine in begging with old insatll.

falcon409
December 31st, 2009, 11:40
Ok, this is just a guess on my part because I've never used that function and never will. If you save it as a flight, then while you may be in the tower, I'm guessing what the sim is doing is placing you in an aircraft of sorts but without any interior to show (kinda like using the cockpit view and then removing the cockpit and mini gauges). I have done that when placing objects with Instant Scenery so that I can see everything I need to see.

If you look at it that way, it seems that what's happening is that your "plane" is settling to the ground. . .the next time it starts to settle, make sure the window is active (just click somewhere on the screen) and then with the num lock key off, hit the "5" key on the number pad and see if it stops.

mjrhealth
December 31st, 2009, 17:25
Nah didnt work. The tower view in multiplayer shows the tower internal view including working radar screen, so you can sort of act like a real atc. but i sometimes just liek to sit and watch the ai take off and land. Will ahve to browse some more.

falcon409
December 31st, 2009, 17:35
Ok, good luck!:salute: