PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye, Herb

Bushpounder
December 31st, 2009, 02:26
Hi all. It is with greatest sorrow that I must inform you that Herb Morse (Lizardo) died on 12-30 at 8PM. He had surgery for cancer 16 days ago and never came out of it. I needn't tell you of the contributions he made over the last ten years in our hobby. The community lost an icon. I knew Herb for ten years and rarely did a day go by that we didn't e-mail or talk on the phone. I will receive more information from his wife later on today and will pass it along to you.
Don Moser

MCDesigns
December 31st, 2009, 02:29
Wow, terrible news Don! I interacted with Lizardo at BFU, he always had an energy and great sense of humor, my condolences to his family!

Milton Shupe
December 31st, 2009, 04:06
Hello Don Moser ... ( running to shake your hand ) Great to see you again. :wavey:

I am very sorry to hear about Lizardo; he was always a great community contributor; helping others was second nature to him it seemed; a great guy who will certainly be missed. My condolences to his family and FS friends.

Snuffy
December 31st, 2009, 04:55
Our skies will be emptier without him.

R.I.P. :engel016:

stansdds
December 31st, 2009, 05:23
:frown:

jmig
December 31st, 2009, 05:34
The world turns and we, the actors, depart the stage one by one.

Sorry to hear of the death of someone who gave so much to our hobby. My condolences to you Don, his family, and friends.

Cloud9Gal
December 31st, 2009, 06:01
Very sad news! http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sad/sad-015.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Sad-Smileys.html)

Rest in Peace Herb~http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sad/flower-004.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Sad-Smileys.html)

GT182
December 31st, 2009, 06:32
The world turns and we, the actors, depart the stage one by one.

Sorry to hear of the death of someone who gave so much to our hobby. My condolences to you Don, his family, and friends.

Same here., couldn't have said it any better John.

R.I.P. Herb, we will miss you. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

Francois
December 31st, 2009, 06:41
Herb was a great guy and a wonderful simming friend to many of us. Much good that'll do him now, eh? But hang on..... at least some of us believe in coming back in some form at some time or other. I am pretty sure that if and when Herb returns he'll be a one-eyed eagle and soar our real and virtual skies with us again. Dear friend, rest in peace... and deepfelt condolences to Amy and his children, family and friends.

dogknot
December 31st, 2009, 07:57
Shocked! :isadizzy: Thanks for the info, sad as it is, Don. Been pals with Herb for what seems like eons....since the early, early days of BFU. He really was a good guy with a great sense of humor and always a helping hand.

I will miss him, for sure. :USA-flag:

Chacha
December 31st, 2009, 08:01
Rest In Peace Herb Morse! :engel016:

Condolences to the family....

cheezyflier
December 31st, 2009, 08:53
R.I.P. man. :salute:

Bushpounder
December 31st, 2009, 10:50
Thank you all. I have passed along your comments as a community to Herb's wife Amy. I too appreciate your thoughts.

Don

Great to see you too, Milton! :ernae:

EasyEd
December 31st, 2009, 10:52
Hey All,

I too was a BFUer. I remember Lizardo well - always tinkering with flight models. He will be missed. RIP Herb.

-Ed-

tigisfat
December 31st, 2009, 12:00
I didn't know who he was, but I wish his family well and for him, rest.

Brian_Gladden
December 31st, 2009, 12:49
Dang!!!! Herb was a good friend and collaborator on several of my flight sim projects. I'm sorry to hear he has passed.

Fair skies my friend...

Brian

Lionheart
December 31st, 2009, 13:37
Sorry to hear that Herb has left us.

May his soul rest in peace and may his family recover from this difficult time.

May God destroy cancer this year....

Bill

Tom Clayton
December 31st, 2009, 15:08
Don, please pass my condolences to his family as well.

Bushpounder
December 31st, 2009, 17:15
Here is Herb's obit:

MORSE Herbert W. "HERB" Age 62. Resident of Sycamore Twp. Died December 30, 2009 Herb was a Engineer. He was proceed in death by his parents Herbert and Genevieve Morse. Survived by his wife Amelia L Morse. Step-daughter, his beloved dogs, his long time friend Jack, servral nieces and nephews and all his good friends across the world .
Family and friends may call for a gathering Sunday January 3, 2010 from 1;00pm until time of service 2;00pm at the Staley-Crowe Funeral Home 7140 Plainfield Road Deer Park. Guestbook: www.staleyfuneralhome.com (http://www.staleyfuneralhome.com)
Don

harleyman
December 31st, 2009, 17:19
RIP Herb.... My prayers go out to you and those that you left behind...

This is just such a sad start of a new year to me..

There is just to much of this happening ...I HATE CANCER....

JoeW
January 1st, 2010, 00:23
Herb was a fine person. I worked with him several times. Great sense of humor.
He will be missed.
Thanks Don. How have you been?

Willy
January 1st, 2010, 01:33
Thanks Don for taking the time to let us know.

Too many of our community just disappear and we never hear from them again leaving us wondering what ever happened to them. I don't know what's worse, the knowing or the not knowing. I just know that they are missed. At least with Herb we can say goodbye.

Cazzie
January 1st, 2010, 04:30
Hi all. It is with greatest sorrow that I must inform you that Herb Morse (Lizardo) died on 12-30 at 8PM. He had surgery for cancer 16 days ago and never came out of it. I needn't tell you of the contributions he made over the last ten years in our hobby. The community lost an icon. I knew Herb for ten years and rarely did a day go by that we didn't e-mail or talk on the phone. I will receive more information from his wife later on today and will pass it along to you.
Don Moser

Terrible news Don. My sincere condolences to his family and close friends.

Hope things are fine with you, I have even given a tickle to go back and construct some plastic. But this is so much more fun and much cheaper.

Caz

Bushpounder
January 1st, 2010, 15:50
Hi, Joe! Doing well! And you?

Caz ..... I understand that fully! LOL! I haven't had time to do modeling or simming. The museum has kept me very busy the past two months and I don't think it will be stopping anytime soon. The club will be meeting at my museum now since they are going to overhaul the Center in the Square. I may be calling on you for some displays in the future if you are willing to put stuff on display. I'll get back to you on that in the next few months. Talk soon.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Don