PDA

View Full Version : Problems with SOH Site?

falcon409
December 30th, 2009, 13:38
Sometime this morning. . .something went south with SOH on my system. I no longer have the option to manage attachments, the entire top line of drop downs (Navigation, Resources, Add-Ons, etc) are inaccessible, the smilies are visible but not accessible. . . . . Hard returns to start a new paragraph are ignored (this line should be spaced three lines from the first paragraph. There are probably other problems I'm unaware of, but, does anyone have a clue what might be at the root of this? I've shut down and restarted the system 3 times now with no effect, I've logged out and back in several times with no effect. I'm at a loss right now as to what to do or how to even begin to find a solution.

Roger
December 30th, 2009, 13:41
Ed,
Have you had a security update or have you upped your security settings? That's what it sounds like to me.

Ickie
December 30th, 2009, 13:42
delete your cookies

falcon409
December 30th, 2009, 13:49
This is one of the errors showing up in my error console: Warning: Error in parsing value for 'cursor'. Declaration dropped. Source File: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=44 Line: 0

falcon409
December 30th, 2009, 13:50
This is another: Error: vbmenu_register is not defined Source File: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=325178 Line: 557

falcon409
December 30th, 2009, 15:05
I've tried everything I can think of. Something I did has caused this then. . . .terrific!!

falcon409
December 30th, 2009, 16:37
For anyone still coming to this thread, it appears that something in Firefox has been the culprit. I went to Internet Explorer and everything is fine.

Moparmike
December 30th, 2009, 17:29
What version of Firefox are you running Falcon?
And will a cookie/temp-files flush remedy the problem?

I'm running v3.5.6 here on my new Win7 rig and knock-on-wood haven't had any problems with this version.
I did have problems here with v3.5.5, but 3.5.6 has been solid so far. I've had to revert back to IE a couple times because Firefox started acting funky.
Firefox is really starting to slip when it comes to letting bugs slip out with their new versions. Starting with v3.5.xxx it has been particularly bad.
My Linux laptop is still running v3.0.something and it's been very stable. I wish I would've went with FF3.0 on my new rig too.

falcon409
December 30th, 2009, 18:22
Hi Mike,
Not sure what version it is, just that it's the latest one because one of the things I checked was to see if there were any updates and it came back to say mine was up to date.

The main reason I like Firefox is because of the "Speed Dial" function. I have a thumbnail of every site I frequent and I can just click and go. Sad reason to hang on to a browser I know, lol, but the other reason I went with it at first was to give an "up n' coming" company a shot at taking it away from Microsoft, lol. In the end though, I don't really care what browser I use, just as long as it works and right now, Firefox is sitting idle.