PDA

View Full Version : screenshots of FSXness

heywooood
October 31st, 2008, 21:05
for no particular reason....

heywooood
October 31st, 2008, 21:14
FSX does some really nice environmental lighting....

This is default terrain - I have disabled GEX and UTX - but I am using FS Water Configurator, a nice program with lots of adjustability and many saved profiles.

X Graphics is installed but is only marginaly enabled...

I look forward to the release of Real Environment X but I wonder how much impact it will have on my frame rates.

I have gotten used to some rather high settings and don't want to give them up (along with 30-60$ ) for yet another pretty program that eats FPS like snausages...

Lionheart
November 1st, 2008, 04:35
Awesome screenshots Heywooooood!

:ernae:

The graphics on that Cessna 150 are brilliant.

Bill

harleyman
November 1st, 2008, 07:07
Lovely...:applause:

I too am waiting on REX and hoping that for the money it will have no real affect on my system....

I have FEX (no engine still for it Arrrr)
I run it with AS6.5 engine

So I might as well give REX a try......

ASX just feels to expensive by the time you get both the graphics and engine for it :banghead:

heywooood
November 1st, 2008, 07:11
Thanks Bill - for me FSX is an ideal distraction or relaxer...relaxative...? lol

Looking at how far flight simulation has come over the relatively short time we have had access to home computers and consoles, one cannot help but be impressed I suppose.

FSX has a lot to offer - from tubeliners, to GA, to warbirds and fighter jets or sci-fi - and it provides a really amazing backdrop of terrain and environments to choose from in addition, not least of which is the overall lighting effects - or more directly, the use of light and shadow, since they are equally important when talking about lighting...

Lionheart
November 1st, 2008, 11:49
Thanks Bill - for me FSX is an ideal distraction or relaxer...relaxative...? lol

Looking at how far flight simulation has come over the relatively short time we have had access to home computers and consoles, one cannot help but be impressed I suppose.

FSX has a lot to offer - from tubeliners, to GA, to warbirds and fighter jets or sci-fi - and it provides a really amazing backdrop of terrain and environments to choose from in addition, not least of which is the overall lighting effects - or more directly, the use of light and shadow, since they are equally important when talking about lighting...

I fully agree. The thing that really impresses me in the FSX environment is the real time rendering of the aircraft. Reflections and shadowing, handling of chrome are absolutely brilliant.... Great for taking screenshots as you dont have to worry about waiting 2 hours for a computer render to be generated. Just burn a model, take it up in FS, and take some snaps...

Bill

FLighT01
November 2nd, 2008, 03:51
Lovely...:applause:

I too am waiting on REX and hoping that for the money it will have no real affect on my system....

Yeah, me too, mid December release, maybe?. Hopefully sooner.

MCDesigns
November 2nd, 2008, 04:25
beautiful shots heywoood!:ernae:

heywooood
November 2nd, 2008, 07:15
Thanks MCD I'm a big fan of your work -

Looking at them overall it looks like the 'headed away from camera' views outnumber the 'headed toward camera' views by a ratio of 2-1 (aside from the VC view of Bills' fabulous LT) and that probably is an indicator of something psychologically psygnificant...hmmm I also appear to want to go to the right more often than to the left...

I wonder if that kind of thing would that be of any consequence at this point in time...

nah couldn't be - I live in OB (inside joke - only San Diegans would get it..maybe)

N2056
November 2nd, 2008, 07:24
nah couldn't be - I live in OB (inside joke - only San Diegans would get it..maybe)

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes: No problem getting that one here!:costumes::costumes::costumes:

heywooood
November 2nd, 2008, 07:31
:ernae: cheers neighbor - I hope the best man for the job wins the job because its going to be a huge job and likely a messy, unpopular job...

man all this talk about work is making me thirsty - is it Miller time somewhere or did 'daylight redistribution' push that back another hour :banghead:

N2056
November 2nd, 2008, 07:39
Follow your thirst :ernae:

heywooood
November 2nd, 2008, 07:53
best advice I've ever heeded :ernae:

Dexdoggy
November 2nd, 2008, 14:16
Really nice pics, and some nice looking planes in your hanger!

heywooood
November 2nd, 2008, 19:23
cant go wrong with Carenado, Bill, Tim, Raz, and the SOH's awesome painters

I love that Eagle Bipe too - FS9 and whatnot its still a real blast to wring out with 'smoke on' and gets good FPS inspite of itself - hopefully someone will model it in full FSX glory along with the Pitts Special one of these days:ernae: