PDA

View Full Version : Caffein effects on Helo Pilots?

falcon409
December 29th, 2009, 19:04
If you have the excellent freeware Eurocopter AS332 by Dirk Fassbender then you are familiar with my reason for asking, lol.

Dirk did an outstanding job on the model and it is a wonderful Helo to fly. . .very detailed VC. I hadn't noticed at first, but while I was shooting some exterior shots prior to take off, I noticed the pilot movements and zoomed in to get a better look. That guy is chugga luggin the java like there's no tomorrow, lol.

I assume that like other animations,. this is hard coded and no changes can be made. . .sure would be nice to be able to turn it off though. . .is it possible that this is tied to a key function to turn on and off?

AckAck
December 29th, 2009, 19:08
You just really need to complete the missions faster so that he can RTB and get to the can.

On my computer, he took a sip during an inverted pullover too, so I guess centripetal acceleration really does hold the coffee in the cup!

Brian

scottmm73
December 29th, 2009, 19:39
Well I don't know the answer to your question. However, as a flight engineer on the CH-47D more than a few pilots had me drinking coffee like that.

I remember a time when a certain LT, tried to reverse course on the downwind of the traffic pattern in about a half second after the IP turned off the AFCS computers. Tower actually called us to see if we were OK.

Yeah, coffee... cigarettes and a vow to never fly with that LT again until he had developed some piloting skills, after we were finished for the day. :running:

falcon409
December 29th, 2009, 19:47
lol, good stuff guys. . .lol:applause:

I really had to look several times to be sure I was seeing it right. An occasional sip would look pretty realistic, but at the rate that guy's going, you're right AckAck. . .we'd have to hover pretty close to a porta potty or have the relief tube permanently attached, lol.

GaryGB
December 30th, 2009, 05:36
ROFLMAO ! :icon_lol:

Hey, it must be a trend... the corporate mercenary forces commander in "Avatar" drinks coffee in his big "helo" too ! :medals:

GaryGB