PDA

View Full Version : What I do ...

Paul Anderson
December 29th, 2009, 18:10
... I know, do wah ditty, ditty dumb, ditty do ...

(Have Nviidia card and use NHancer @ 1600X1200 on an XP home windows (Quad processor), your mileage may vary)

Don't like 2d panel views, edited cameras.cfg and swapped camerdefinittion.001 with .002, then added to .002 'CycleHidden=Yes'.
FSX will cycle to VC view but 2d still available with function key.

Mentioned this on another thread, go into weather and set visibilty to 0, then set top to 50000 and bottom to 49999 (both higher if tube flying, etc.). Set display to trilinear and antialiasing to off. NHancer set to antialisiing to combined 8xs and anisotropic to 8.
This lets me run autogen and complexity maxed with no frame hits.

I tweak my fsx.cfg (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096), start fsx and save setting as 4096.cfg. (you can save the whole prog=file as that, it will pick out what it needs). Set the texture to max while you're in there.
If you make changes to display settings, reload 4096.cfg after.

Hard to describe everything, but you might get started with this.

atf300
December 29th, 2009, 18:31
im a bit lost with go to the weather ? .

what do you mean by that ?

falcon409
December 29th, 2009, 18:33
... I know, do wah ditty, ditty dumb, ditty do ...

(Have Nviidia card and use NHancer @ 1600X1200 on an XP home windows (Quad processor), your mileage may vary)

Don't like 2d panel views, edited cameras.cfg and swapped camerdefinittion.001 with .002, then added to .002 'CycleHidden=Yes'.
FSX will cycle to VC view but 2d still available with function key.

Mentioned this on another thread, go into weather and set visibilty to 0, then set top to 50000 and bottom to 49999 (both higher if tube flying, etc.). Set display to trilinear and antialiasing to off. NHancer set to antialisiing to combined 8xs and anisotropic to 8.
This lets me run autogen and complexity maxed with no frame hits.

I tweak my fsx.cfg (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096), start fsx and save setting as 4096.cfg. (you can save the whole prog=file as that, it will pick out what it needs). Set the texture to max while you're in there.
If you make changes to display settings, reload 4096.cfg after.

Hard to describe everything, but you might get started with this.
Paul,

I feel like I interrupted a conversation and missed the first part of it. . . .

Is this to show how you set up FSX in general. . . .a specific setup for certain flights or some other scenario?

Paul Anderson
December 29th, 2009, 18:47
This is for my general (and only) default setup to start fsx. If tweaks go south, can always load saved (if known good) 4096 configuration.

Re. weather, alt/world/weather/customize/advanced/visibility/settings.
Also find it good to have cloud layers 5,000 ft. or more above your flying height.