PDA

View Full Version : Multi-ship ops?

Cratermaker
December 29th, 2009, 16:10
Ok, my first stumbling block: I was given a 2nd ship... how do I transfer my flag to it? Can I have both ships at the same time (I'm in one, the other follows me)? :isadizzy:

gigabyte
December 29th, 2009, 16:51
Ok, my first stumbling block: I was given a 2nd ship... how do I transfer my flag to it? Can I have both ships at the same time (I'm in one, the other follows me)? :isadizzy:

This is an easy one, you can do one of two things, select your second ship with the mouse and click so the options menu opens, then select Navigation, and from that menu select "Follow Me" and it will follow you like a puppy looking for treats. The other method I use is to select the ship the same way and in the Navigation menu order your ship to travel to the destination you wish to go, Dock at another station, navigate through a gate, etc. then you can manually follow the ship or as long as you have it targeted you can engage the autopilot and you will automatically follow the ship on it's way - this is what I prefer as I can break off when I want and leave the ship on it's way then catch up later, I can also spot danger ahead and order the ship to dock or navigate away while I deal with the nasties...

Cratermaker
December 30th, 2009, 05:23
Yikes! Getting the ship to follow me was easy enough. Switching command to the other ship though.... must dock BOTH ships and transfer "current" ship.

Then I discover the ship they gave me is smaller, less shields, and no weapons. I guess I sell it to fix the hull of my original? Hull repair costs are OUTRAGEOUS!

gigabyte
December 30th, 2009, 05:59
You can also switch ships in space, just park them some place nice and safe out of the way of traffic and "nasties" then exit your ship (Shift + E is the default key assignment) and you will find yourself in space with a very nice stylish space suite, and it comes with a very VERY handy accessory - a REPAIR LASER... yupper, if you do not want to spend your hard earned credits on hull repairs you can DIY! As mentioned just park your ships eject and used you "Jet Pack" to scoot around your ailing ship and blast away with the Repair Laser, it is slow but it costs nothing but time... Oh and if you want to change ships or just get back in the one you left, move close to the ship you want to get into, select it with the mouse and bring up the actions menu, when you are close enough the "Enter Ship" action will activate and one click and you are at the controls.

Craig Taylor
December 30th, 2009, 06:27
Hi all,

Another tip for multi-ship ops:

If you already have one or more ships under orders to follow your ship and select an autopilot function, then your ship will be limited to the speed of the slowest ship. You can avoid this by choosing to do what GB said, and order the other ship to a fly to a destination independently.

Also, +1 for the DIY repair option. It may take a while with the larger ships, but it's worth the savings. Well, I'm a cheap ******ge, at any rate. :icon_lol:

Cratermaker
December 30th, 2009, 08:49
Wow! Thanks for the repair tip guys! No telling how long before I discovered that one.