View Full Version : Grief

NachtPiloten
December 29th, 2009, 11:40
Just to show that Santa Greg was nice to me again! :ernae:

grizzly50
December 29th, 2009, 11:48
:kilroy:

YESSSSS!!!!!
How soon? Uh, NP, that's "Greif", not "Grief", which is what we will all suffer if you don't release that soon. LOLOLOLOL:d

BeauBrummie
December 29th, 2009, 11:51
Ted, admin are really going to have to make a salivating smilie.

Excellent stuff. Just need John to knock up a IV/KG40 skin for it.

BeauBrummie
December 29th, 2009, 11:54
:kilroy:

YESSSSS!!!!!
How soon? Uh, NP, that's "Greif", not "Grief", which is what we will all suffer if you don't release that soon. LOLOLOLOL:d

Yup, that's German for 'Griffon' if I remember correctly

ndicki
December 29th, 2009, 11:58
VERY nice!

Eeeh fook, ever since I had t' Airfix kit when I were nowt but a nipper... (Eyes glaze ovver as he puts his flat 'at on and walks zombie-laike down t'street wi't'brass band playin' int' backgrownd...)

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :icon29: :icon29: :icon29: :icon29: :icon29:

NachtPiloten
December 29th, 2009, 12:21
Well, I think it will be a few weeks. It has vc's and such. Need to iron out the flightmodel, xdp, and a few other details. Greg textured it using two sheets, just need to redo some of it to get it down to one.

These are the versions I am thinking about

F8AP with FuG 200, 6/KG 40
6NHN 5/KG 100 (black with squiggles)
F8DM ??/Kg40

If you like this, you should see the Sunderland ........:icon_lol:

Frosty
December 29th, 2009, 12:32
Hmmm, what can I say but "Good grief - it's a Greif!' [Aw come on, man! Is that the best you can come up with? That's not a slogan winner]

Geez NP, you 're turning into a high-speed Luftwaffe production facility considering the rate you are turning out these models! I bet Goering would have loved you on his team ;-) I know, it's not all your work, so there's also thanks to all those that gave you their models or are doing the textures: thanks a lot y'all!! :medals::medals:

hairyspin
December 29th, 2009, 12:51
Marvellous stuff, quite splendid! :applause::applause::applause:

I do hope the [Effects] section in the .xdp is to be well-equipped with entries for startup fires, engine overheat fires, paired engine fires and general fragility - in the interests of historical accuracy of course! Eric Brown's opinion was that the thing felt like it was like flying something made of glass and was the only aircraft he remembered which he didn't enjoy flying. Oooer, missus!

Thanks to Greg for making this available for finishing! :engel016::engel016::engel016:

flashgordon
December 29th, 2009, 13:04
Personally I am looking forward to the Sunderland with even greater anticipation. Probably something to do with those crew bunks that were fitted to allow a bit of rest during long hours of patrolling over countless miles of sea.

BeauBrummie
December 29th, 2009, 13:42
Absolutely Gordon, and don't forget the wardroom, a galley with two primus stoves and an oven, two bunks for off-duty crewmembers, a flush lavatory, a wash basin, and a shaving mirror. Crews would often collect their own set of dishes and cooking utensils, add curtains to the small wardroom, and install luxuries like a portable radio. . Queen of the Seas, Oh yes am I looking forward to her!

NachtPiloten
December 29th, 2009, 15:19
Marvellous stuff, quite splendid! :applause::applause::applause:

I do hope the [Effects] section in the .xdp is to be well-equipped with entries for startup fires, engine overheat fires, paired engine fires and general fragility - in the interests of historical accuracy of course! Eric Brown's opinion was that the thing felt like it was like flying something made of glass and was the only aircraft he remembered which he didn't enjoy flying. Oooer, missus!

Thanks to Greg for making this available for finishing! :engel016::engel016::engel016:

What you say is accurate for the A3 version. The A5 used the DB610 which was much better than the DB606. It was still prone to fires but at a much reduced rate. The A5 also had an improved airframe and armor for the crew. The A5 suffered one of the lowest loss rates of the German bombers. I am glad that this is an A5, would hate to loose my computer to an engine fire.:icon_lol:

HouseHobbit
December 29th, 2009, 16:15
This Is GREAT, I have been hoping some of the Masters here would one day build a Grief..

THANY YOU VERY MUCH To ALL..

:ernae: :ernae:

Autothrottle
December 29th, 2009, 20:39
Excellent! Now we can have a chance to reach the Urals!

flashgordon
December 29th, 2009, 22:27
"Absolutely Gordon, and don't forget the wardroom, a galley with two primus stoves and an oven, two bunks for off-duty crewmembers, a flush lavatory, a wash basin, and a shaving mirror. Crews would often collect their own set of dishes and cooking utensils, add curtains to the small wardroom, and install luxuries like a portable radio. . Queen of the Seas, Oh yes am I looking forward to her!"

From Ted we expect nothing less than a kettle on one primus and a frying pan on the other. Smell that bacon!!!

Pat Pattle
December 29th, 2009, 23:15
Wow! looking forward to this one!:jump::applause::salute:

ronnybengt
December 30th, 2009, 01:03
aahh..cant forget her since cfs 2.....those were the dayz.... good deal there m8y....:guinness:

f

pete1
December 30th, 2009, 02:09
so Nacht you have the He177,Sunderland,Catalina and B-24 on the go and the He115,Hampden and Ar196 on your Hd waiting,do you ever sleep man?!.

thrasmussen
December 30th, 2009, 04:27
so Nacht you have the He177,Sunderland,Catalina and B-24 on the go and the He115,Hampden and Ar196 on your Hd waiting,do you ever sleep man?!.
It must take lots of caffeine! :icon_eek::greenf::icon29::pop4::icon29::isadizzy:

Led Zeppelin
December 30th, 2009, 08:06
If you like this, you should see the Sunderland ........:icon_lol:
Sunderland, yes yes yes!!!! :pop4::icon_lol::running::monkies: