PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got my Tokarev TT-33C

Cirrus N210MS
December 29th, 2009, 07:47
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/hotshotmike1001/ok001.jpg

i picked up my TT-33C from AZ Yesterday afternoon

this weapon was clearly used by a Officer from Romania Military

Looked like it had not been cleaned for a very LOng time the Bowl i used was so black you could not see the Threw the dirty cleanin Stuff

though now its cleaned up and working like it was New again! The date on the weapon is 1953 it came with Holster Plus Two 8 round magazines!

the Holster is Way Way Used looks like i am going Holster Shopping today for a Holster that will Fit my TT-33C so i can Carry her at the next Rodeo

I Talked to my Friend From Youtube Rugersix on The Phone His TT-33C has a Number 2 on its Rear Sites i have a Number 1 On my Rear Sites

Pretty Cool History!

This is My YouTube Video On my TT-33C

sUPDRgUYlmo

Matt Wynn
December 29th, 2009, 07:57
nice, tokarevs are a good bit of kit, although i am partial to the russian stuff, the tokarev being good, if i recall the TT-33C fires the 7.62mm ammunition? either way good bit of kit if on a lower budget, thanks for sharing this gem with us :jump::ernae:

Cirrus N210MS
December 29th, 2009, 08:02
yes sir happy to share :salute: soon ill have a First Round fired Video! when i put the first Bullet down range Wouldnt Know i think last time this was used was just befor it was put into cold storage Around the end of 1953 i dont know Though eheh

Matt Wynn
December 29th, 2009, 08:22
makharovs and tokarevs really are a treat to fire, for such a 'budget' firearm they are incredibly reliable, i've had Sig Sauer P229's jam up more than a tokarev or makharov... eastern bloc stuff is just built to cope and keep going, 7.62mm down a pistol barrel has a slightly different tone to a standard 9mm or .40 or .45 leaving the barrel, to be expected given the round size and velocity...

lefty
December 29th, 2009, 08:29
Er, how many Tokarevs and Sig-Sauers do you get to fire in Tamworth, Smoothie ???? The constabulary rather frown on it up here !:applause:

Matt Wynn
December 29th, 2009, 08:30
British Army pal, Tamworth is my home town :icon_lol:

Jagdflieger
December 29th, 2009, 08:30
I almost picked up one for a war souvenir from VN. Ended up with an SKS instead. Can't bring much of anything back now as a souvenir.

I always thought the Tokerev was an interesting weapon. I've shot them in training, but I never thought much of the 7.62 cartridge as a stopper. The round is based on the old 7.65 Mauser pistol cartridge of the Broomhandle Mauser pistol, but it operates at higher pressures and thus higher velocity. It was also used in the PPSH 41 and PPS 43 submachineguns of WWII and Korean War fame.

The TT 33 itself is roughly based on the John Browning designed short recoil system of operation, but with some decidedly Soviet features, like the lift out hammer assembly.

I wonder if the number on your rear sight is a height indicator. The only way to adjust your elevation zero on these pistols is to install sight of a different height or file (not recommended) height from tops of either the front or rear. There are a couple of mathematical formulae for determining the difference in height needed to zero such a fixed sight weapon.

Be careful with military surplus ammo for these as most of it is corrosive and will lead to a rusted barrel if the pistol is not cleaned properly and quickly after use. Many Comblock weapons have a chrome lined bore to preclude the rust problem, but cleaning is still advised. I don't recall ever seeing a chromed bore in a TT 33, but they were made in the millions I'm sure and from China to the Warsaw Pact countries, so I'm sure they must be out there.

MaddogK
December 29th, 2009, 09:15
I always loved my Makarov (until some jerk-weed stole it) as it was very manageable one handed, and quite accurate. Wish my 1911 'hand cannon' had the same characteristics.

Naismith
December 29th, 2009, 12:43
nice, tokarevs are a good bit of kit, although i am partial to the russian stuff, the tokarev being good, if i recall the TT-33C fires the 7.62mm ammunition? either way good bit of kit if on a lower budget, thanks for sharing this gem with us :jump::ernae:

Smoothie, what is the position/law these days in the UK re possession and storage of handguns? I seem to remember following Hungerford and the Scottish incident things got really restrictive.

Matt Wynn
December 29th, 2009, 13:32
still as restrictive if not more so now buddy, sidearms are limited to Police/Armed Forces, shotguns... every darned farmer has one still, although less commonplace, still permit required on those if I recall... in the UK ya wanna fire a Sidearm... sorry best way is to join the armed forces, theres a few ANA and ANP use the makharov and Tokarev... restrictions cripple a lot of things these days but after Hungerford i can see why... stories here in the uk of people trying to get round the handgun/pistol ruling by converting starters pistols for athletics... things have gotten stupid... i'll stop now before i start being political :monkies:

lefty
December 30th, 2009, 00:05
It's about to get even worse, up here at least - our glorious Scottish Government is about to ban AIR WEAPONS too.

Incidentally, I was a pistol shooter pre-Dunblane, both .22 and 9mm. It just takes one lunatic, in this country at least, to screw things up for everybody......

Moparmike
December 30th, 2009, 04:34
Moved to the Other Hobbies forum.

Nice Tok Cirrus!
Be sure to wear your earplugs/muffs when ya shoot it. That little 7.62 is a zinger on the eardrums!