PDA

View Full Version : NAVSTA Mayport Available Today

jdhaenens
December 29th, 2009, 03:21
This will be the last one for a while. I'm taking some time off designing to refresh and revitalize. I've found myself doing more and more and getting less and less out of it. Time for a break.

Having said that, Navsta Mayport is an interesting case. Someone did Naval Station San Diego years ago for FS9 and since then I haven't seen too many places to drive a ship into port. I looked at the nautical charts and have the buoys in the right places. I really wanted to do a range marker system, but the opportunity did not present itself.

The file has been uploaded to Flightsim and Simviation...Enjoy!

falcon409
December 29th, 2009, 03:28
As always. . .an outstanding job Jim. No doubt you deserve some time off. You've done some beautiful work of late and it is very much appreciated.:salute:

Navy Chief
December 29th, 2009, 04:22
YES! When I get home, I am going to enjoy this one! Thanks Jim!

NC

jdhaenens
December 29th, 2009, 04:31
Never fails. as I was flying in today on the RTM copy, I noticed a missing texture. Please unzip this and throw it in the texture folder before you fly it.

Thanks.

Jim

jdhaenens
December 29th, 2009, 04:36
It's up at Simviation.

VCN-1
December 29th, 2009, 04:43
Thanks so much.

To manually activate the scenery what cfg file do you modify?

VCN-1

jdhaenens
December 29th, 2009, 04:49
The normal Scenery Library activation is all that's required. If you're having trouble adding scenery through that method, try clicking "Add Scenery" then right click in the white space. The scenery library add function is a bit flakey at times.

Roger
December 29th, 2009, 07:12
Many thanks Jim:ernae: Your efforts are always welcome. Now enjoy a rest and do some flying:engel016:

jdhaenens
December 29th, 2009, 08:55
It's on Flightsim as well now.

Cag40Navy
December 29th, 2009, 09:31
thank you JD, you sure made my day!

tigisfat
December 29th, 2009, 09:34
That looks beautiful. Thanks for what you do!!

Someday I can only pray you'll make an awesome Alameda NAS.

jojohnson9
December 29th, 2009, 12:56
Beautiful scenery. I sailed in the USS Saratoga (CV-60) out of Mayport. I kinda wish I was down there now....it's 7 degrees (f) here in Maine at the moment. Thanks for the fine work.

FAC257
December 29th, 2009, 13:20
Outstanding as always! :applause:

Once again, thank you so much.

FAC

jymp
December 29th, 2009, 13:29
That looks great, any chance of Naval Station Norfolk ?

Mithrin
December 29th, 2009, 14:31
Thanks Jim, really appreciate it and take your time. Thanks for the scenery you've made for us.

Old Crow
December 29th, 2009, 14:38
Wow, this looks fantastic. You are the Bomb. :salute:
Can't wait to check it out.
Thank You!

dexthom
December 29th, 2009, 17:13
Thank you Jim, I trashed my old KNRB stuff and what a change. Beautiful!

olaf1924
December 29th, 2009, 19:39
The ships are around 50 to 100 feet out of the water sitting on the docks. I counted at least five ships like this. I am using fs genesis along with gex and utx. Jim what files or programs should I change or delete to use your scenery. This is the only scenery of yours that I find with any mis-alignment on my end. Jim any ideas on your end?

jdhaenens
December 30th, 2009, 04:11
Wow. I'd suspect either the mesh or a video card problem. The only time stuff has ever floated for me is when I overtaxed my video card. I deleted the waterpolies and shorelines that needed it, and built everything back from scratch, so as long as it's higher in priority than gex or utx, the ground should hold up, but the models, both number and complexity are even more detailed than Fallon.

Sorry you're not enjoying it right off.

Jim

PRB
December 30th, 2009, 04:22
Thanks, Jim. Good stuff, as always!
:ernae:

bruce448
December 30th, 2009, 04:55
Cheers Jim.

olaf1924
December 30th, 2009, 07:50
Jim I am wondering if I have some other add-on scenery covering the same area. I am going to deactivate my add-on scenery folder and see what that looks like. I did notice last night that with out your scenery for the area I still had ships including a carrier. It seems like a scenery on top of a scenery with overlapping problems.

FAC257
December 30th, 2009, 12:30
olaf1924

You might want to double check to see if you have the older Mayport scenery by Jim Cook loaded.

I got mine from Avsim under "mayport.zip".

With that version of Mayport I had at least one ship that was hovering. The file to look for as a clue that you have this other Mayport running is "knrb_ships_JC.bgl".

I'm using both UTX and FSG with this new Mayport and all of the ships are sitting perfectly.

FAC

olaf1924
December 30th, 2009, 15:36
FAC257 you were right I had jim cooks old file installed and after removing his three KNRB bgl's jim's new scenery works great.:ernae:

anthony31
December 30th, 2009, 15:43
Thanks as always for your excellent work Jim.

Enjoy the rest :) . Who knows, maybe you can get some flying done!

doublecool
December 30th, 2009, 15:55
Thanks for another wonderful Florida base :jump::applause:

jimjones
December 31st, 2009, 03:00
Thanks Jim for your fine sceneries. Take that well deserved break and enjoy the many addons available for FSX. I do some scenery at a much less detailed level than you but have found one can get so envolved in design that the sim world passes by without enjoying it to the full extent possible with the great planes, scenery and other addons others produce.

txnetcop
December 31st, 2009, 05:08
Outstanding work Jim...thank you so much for your hard labors!
Ted

VCN-1
December 31st, 2009, 05:28
Jim

Another great effort.

Thank you very much.

VCN-1

big-mike
January 1st, 2010, 06:17
I also want to say thank you very much for this great looking little scenery!
A happy new year!
Michael

navychief8
November 4th, 2016, 08:52
Would anyone happen to have a copy of this scenery? I lost my hard drive and cannot seem to find this scenery at flightsim and simviation.

falcon409
November 5th, 2016, 07:59
Pete, did you ever get any response from anyone? I know no one answered here, lol obviously, but maybe via PM?

I found a conversation in another forum (VR Simulations) where it was mentioned that Jim had signed over the rights to that scenery to the Vusn website. Sounds a bit odd, why just that one scenery considering the total number he's actually done that are still openly available on some of the download sites? Anyway, unless you can get to him direct and see if he'll re-release it then your only chance of getting it is from someone else who has the original.

scotth6
November 5th, 2016, 23:17
I also checked the web and saw the same topic about VUSN (or similar anyway). I checked my collection too and I don't seem to have any versions of Mayport. I remember a few years back (2011-2012) when I discovered some of Jim Dhaenens' scenery, there were a few that I couldn't find anywhere, and after heaps of searching all I could find was that for some reason they had been removed from the internet. I always put it down to them being military bases and maybe it had something to do with security. I had a list, which was longer, but these are the ones I still haven't been able to find:

NAS Corpus Christi
NAS Fallon, NV
Barakoma
NAS Lemoore, CA
NAS North Island
NAVSTA Mayport

I do have another version of NAS North Island, but I think it's for FS2004.

There are a lot I do have too, so not sure why some have disappeared. In any case the ones I do have are all excellent sceneries. The missing ones are one of the reasons I have become fairly obsessive about downloading addons, as you never know if they'll still be there afterwards.

Cheers,