PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a spare tweak ?

hey_moe
October 31st, 2008, 18:15
Well we lost some good info when we were hacked. Especially in all the suggested tweak area. Being since our members have used just about every tweak possible I was wondering if you guys would mind posting the tweak that helped you the most and maybe a few sites that have some listed. I will make it a sticky if you guys would like for all of us to try...what do y'all think...Mike

harleyman
October 31st, 2008, 18:37
I've got screen shots of all the FSX settings for a good basic starting place for testing..Plus for Nvidia Control panel settings...

Its for first timers for sure,..I'll get them to photobucket in the morning and post them.....

Daube
November 1st, 2008, 02:10
Those topics on SimV might be a good source of information, in case anybody would like to build a clear summary here. The first one is really full of infos for tweaking the operating system and tweaking the video card (NVidia):
http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1208959973

The second one contains infos about installing the SP2 properly and tweaking the FSX.cfg:
http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1197380641

With that, building a nice little sticky topic for tweaks should be easier:)

falcon409
November 1st, 2008, 04:18
I was always under the impression that once Acceleration hit the stores that tweaking FSX was no longer an option as most if not all of the tweaks we used for the base FSX had been incorporated into Accel.

Also, after running FSX/Accel for a year now with no real problems except maybe being unhappy with the FPS I get (and that speaks more to my system than anything within FSX), there's no way I'd start over again from scratch on the off chance that I might see a few FPS more. I guess that's what it becomes though with every system different from every other system. . .the pursuit of the "Almighty FPS", lol.

If, on the other hand, there are tweaks that I can try without wiping FSX clean and starting over. . .I might give those a try. . .I just assumed that once I had FSX/Accel/SP2 installed. . .I was pretty much "There".