PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Finale.....

Wittpilot
December 28th, 2009, 16:50
I don't think I'm going to make it a whole 'nother week before I see Part II... anyone catch Part I Saturday?

sandar
December 29th, 2009, 01:03
We recorded part 1 as we couldn't watch it 'live' on Christmas Day (In UK) and watched it last night. Part 2 will be shown in the UK on New years Day.

I am holding off making any comments about the two part series until I have seen both parts. But don't worry, I won't post a précis or review to spoil it for those o of you who have to wait a bit longer to see it.

sandar
December 30th, 2009, 06:51
Apart from being the best sci-fi series on TV (and the longest running), I think the music that Murray Gold wrote for all of the latest DR Who's is ampong the very best ever written for any TV programmes.

The song of freedom
The song of captivity
This is Gallifrey

to name but a few of the titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXEdzgMvzcA

Matt Wynn
December 30th, 2009, 07:01
it really is fantastic music, not long to wait till part 2 now thankfully :jump:

Wittpilot
December 31st, 2009, 13:33
I can't wait for it to show in the States on Saturday... I plan on downloading it Friday evening and watching it then... It is sure to be an incredible ending...

hewman100
December 31st, 2009, 14:23
No doubt. I've a feeling that for all they'll do, David Tennant and John Simm will be acted off the screen by Bernard Cribbins:salute:

Wittpilot
January 1st, 2010, 08:15
Today is the day! Don't give up too many details, but I want to know if it as spectacular as I hope it to be!

Wittpilot
January 1st, 2010, 21:26
Watched it...will wait till it shows in the US to ask any questions.... I thought parts of it were written very well, others not so.... I think the Doctor's last words were very telling of his character and I am sad to see him go... I am worried that Matt just won't be as popular as David. I think the bar has been re-set very high for playing the character... Anyone trying to follow him would be in his shadow for awhile......

We will see...

-witt