PDA

View Full Version : EasyEd's Galapagos Adventure

EasyEd
December 28th, 2009, 14:41
Hey All,

Leg 1 in the books.

This is a really really good plane - Falcon 3-holers are my favorite - only thing is on my computer the throttles on this plane stick. Came all the way down from 40,000 on full throttle - luckily the dive brakes work well. I then had to do some steep climbs near the ground to get the flaps down and gear out an then land at 160 or so knots. As I hit the runway the throttles unstuck. Don't know if the brakes would have stopped me or not. All the messing around I had to do probably cost me 3 or 4 mins. I will use this plane for this exercise only I hope I can keep the throttles working by moving them periodically.

-Ed-

EasyEd
January 1st, 2010, 20:20
Hey All,

OK so I remembered this heli was supposed to be fairly easy to fly in FS9 - slider full right so I set out and got a couple flights completed. This one is not hard to fly at all.

The scientists turned out to be climatologists looking into global warming - of course they need first class accomodations on the flights back to Monterey since they're doing work dedicated to the salvation of civilization.

-ED-

PS Kinda wobbly on that first leg - musta been too much New Year's Eve "cheer".

EasyEd
January 2nd, 2010, 13:15
Hey All,

Down at MM1H. Scientist types slept most all the way. Not much to see anyway.

-Ed-

EasyEd
January 2nd, 2010, 16:19
Hey All,

Made it to MMEP.

I was worried about the landing at MX85 but as you can see it wasn't too bad. I didn't have a lot of trees to drop in over and the reversers left me plenty of runway when I came to a stop. (Checked my autogen and it is just under half - think I'll down my AI a bit and up the autogen a bit and see how that works) Luckily the Federales showed up in a chinook they let me "borrow" as it is about the only heli (other than the aircrane) I can fly in FS9. At MM1H those climatologists I picked up on the Galapagos were joined by some ecology types with a bunch of specimens - hopefully none of them are poisonous cause I don't wanta be worryin about what might bite me on the trip back to Monterey. Now I gotta find me a plane to get back on since the Falcon is toast for the time being.

-Ed-

EasyEd
January 2nd, 2010, 22:17
Hey All,

Done deal - back at KMRY. Now I just have to explain where the falcon 7X is and why I have a Hermes and that little oopsie while I was parking. :icon_lol:

Them scientists is glad to be home. The climatologists are gonna tell us all about the dangers of global warming while the ecologists show us what all is headed for extinction.

Thanks FB for the idea of flying the Hermes - nice plane. I downloaded it, installed it, took off and landed it once and then went for it. The nice sounding engines made it an enjoyable trip otherwise it probably would have been the DC6 that i would have used.

Good idea for a practice Rob! Jets, helis and propliners - 3 kinds of planes I don't fly a lot but am glad to see I still can.

-Ed-