PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Beaver X and updates...

cvearl
December 28th, 2009, 13:23
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Just bought the Beaver X from Aerosoft. I hope that is the one everyone kept recommending in various places out there. Something to compliment my Pacific Northwest and up into the Alaska alternate realities. :)

Anyway, at Aerosofts website, they have updates for Beaver X. Do you have to install these?

Here is what I see on their website under support...

- BeaverX 2.31 update (This update adds 5 new liveries and one new long distance model created for PCPilot. It does not contain any other update.)
- Aerosoft Sound Controls for DHC-2 Beaver (additional reality sounds for cockpit)
- BeaverX 2.30 update (Bug fixes)
- Update for the mission "Needle in a haystack" (Mision fixes)

These 4 updates above are listed. Are they already there normally when you buy it? Anyone else with this bird even knew about this?

Charles.

Overshoe
December 28th, 2009, 13:26
The 2.30 update is included in the current download but the 2.31 needs to be added. The other 2 are optional.

cvearl
December 28th, 2009, 15:11
The 2.30 update is included in the current download but the 2.31 needs to be added. The other 2 are optional.

Hey thanks for the reply! :) And Merry Christmas from Canada.

Even if I got it from FlightSim.com Pilot shop? I did not get it direct from Aerosoft.

Charles.

Kiwikat
December 28th, 2009, 15:47
Seeing this thread made me want to reinstall the beaver. Glad I did! I haven't flown her in ages.

Now the real question...

Want to see my beaver in action? :eek:

cvearl
December 28th, 2009, 15:49
Yes I do want to see your Beaver in action.

Aside from that, I have installed it and it is indeed 2.3. Sorry for doubting.

Now if I could figure out the 2.31 install because there is no install. Just a bunch of folders.

Charles.

Overshoe
December 28th, 2009, 15:53
Just unzip it into the root FSX folder, it will put everything where it belongs. Or you can unzip to a temp folder and copy to the appropriate places yourself and say yes to overwrites

Kiwikat
December 28th, 2009, 15:57
Well since you asked for it...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/beaver.jpg

My beaver would much rather be displayed out in the bright daylight so it is visible to everyone! The overcast skies dampen the view though...

cvearl
December 28th, 2009, 23:07
Just unzip it into the root FSX folder, it will put everything where it belongs. Or you can unzip to a temp folder and copy to the appropriate places yourself and say yes to overwrites

Yup that worked.

Only problem I have is with the PC Pilot livery. It errors out with Uh Oh wrong plane! and I click OK and it loads but I am not sure it loaded right.

Ah well.

Thanks!

Charles.

cvearl
December 28th, 2009, 23:08
Well since you asked for it...

clip

My beaver would much rather be displayed out in the bright daylight so it is visible to everyone! The overcast skies dampen the view though...

You have a fine and rugged Beaver there. :)

Charles.

IanHenry
December 29th, 2009, 04:38
Having been inspired by this post to "dig out my Beaver X" and looking on the Aerosoft website for the updates, I found also a lot of updates for the Aerosoft Twin Otter which is also a great aircraft. I always thought it a shame that Aerosoft never realised the full potential of that model by releasing an amphibian version of it, that would have made it a real classic in my opinion.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

Overshoe
December 29th, 2009, 10:52
Yup that worked.

Only problem I have is with the PC Pilot livery. It errors out with Uh Oh wrong plane! and I click OK and it loads but I am not sure it loaded right.

Same here. No idea why.:isadizzy:

ptrev
December 29th, 2009, 15:38
Ah..g'day Beaver fans. I have version 2.30 (boxed) I have wasted considerable time on Aerosoft's website trying to get version 2.31. Can't find any sign of it on their rather confused web site. Can any kind soul shed some light and lead me out of darkness? I like the Beaver and I fly it often enough to stop the cylinder sleeves rusting etc. so... HELP please someone?

Hope all you SOH fans are well and happy in 010.
regards Bones

HighGround22
December 29th, 2009, 15:56
. . . .Anyone else with this bird even knew about this?

Charles. No! Yes! Uh, no I didn't, but yes I do now. Downloaded and installed.

Many thanks for the HU, Charles!

Overshoe
December 29th, 2009, 16:08
Ah..g'day Beaver fans. I have version 2.30 (boxed) I have wasted considerable time on Aerosoft's website trying to get version 2.31. Can't find any sign of it on their rather confused web site. Can any kind soul shed some light and lead me out of darkness? I like the Beaver and I fly it often enough to stop the cylinder sleeves rusting etc. so... HELP please someone?

Hope all you SOH fans are well and happy in 010.
regards Bones

If you bought it from Aerosoft, on the main page, go to Faqs/Updates and either register or sign in, then choose your product. If you bought it elsewhere, you'll need to contact that vendor.

ptrev
December 29th, 2009, 16:42
Thanks Overshoe. Too hard! The large local retailer from which I purchased it seems to have totally lost interest in PC games and besides, I am a legitimate purchaser. Do Aerosoft have a reputation for not supporting their own wholesaled products? I know, I shall put the question to Aerosoft and we'll all find out.

Cheers

Bones

Overshoe
December 29th, 2009, 17:23
Thanks Overshoe. Too hard! The large local retailer from which I purchased it seems to have totally lost interest in PC games and besides, I am a legitimate purchaser. Do Aerosoft have a reputation for not supporting their own wholesaled products? I know, I shall put the question to Aerosoft and we'll all find out.

Cheers

Bones

I haven't bought any FS Stuff in a store in so long that that idea did not occur to me :) Aerosoft has one of the best (customer voted) customer service departments in the business. Contact support@aerosoft.com with your purchase details and I'm sure they will take good care of you.

cvearl
December 29th, 2009, 21:04

Cheers

Bones

Bro. It's like this...

I did not buy it from them. I got it from Flightsim.com store. But I went here...

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,5388060670,10389

On the left is the link for FAQS/Updates. :)

Clicked on that and it wanted me to register. After some goofing around, it let me. I have a username and password now. Took a few tries. It was clunky.

Once I could log in there was a drop down of products I could get support for. I chose a link under that call "other products" and browsed for the Beaver X. It wanted me to register the product so I gave it the serial that came in the email from Flightsim.com pilot shop. It took it and I was faced with a page full of downloads that are available for it.

Ps - google Alkatraz free from Aerosoft... Or go here...

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd,,D00001

Free Alkatraz!

Charles.