PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day at Poliesti OUCH

HouseHobbit
December 28th, 2009, 11:51
I am working up the finals for the Poliesti missions..
It was a bad day today..Fot the Hobbit..
OUCH.. AA keeps shooting holes in my B-24..
But I have gotten the target also..LOL..

Led Zeppelin
December 28th, 2009, 12:18
I've recieved your mail, I'll have a look at it and send you my comments if any.

Led Zeppelin
December 29th, 2009, 10:40
A few seconds before reaching the target area.... is it low enough? :d

Well, my fuel tanks have been hit, I had to bail out in the middle of the Mediterranean sea!

swpierce
December 29th, 2009, 13:08
It has always seemed to me that low level missions in CFS3 just puts you closer to the AA without the real-world advantages of element of surprise, line-of-sight obstruction, sighting movement, etc. Even when I was so low that I couldn't yet see the target they were fully aware of my presence and firing into me point-blank. The whole point of coming in at low level is so that they don't know you're coming until it's too late. For on the deck work with my original CFS3 I had gone through all of the facility files and reduced the numbers of heavy AA guns or replaced them with lighter weapons. I also order my formation to attack and form up with them a they approach the target so that I don't have to be the lead ship.

HouseHobbit
December 29th, 2009, 15:11
Bravo Led,
it is a hassle to do this..About 50% of the time I get hammered..And had to bail..
Given the limits of the game engine getting the flak right is a Pain..
And I must set up the missions with the realization, that many who will be using it DON"T WANT to CHANGE or Modify their set ups.. Many don't have the abilitity to do these things, and just want a simple set up and load in for all of this..
So it is impossible to Make it perfect to all aspects of the mission.. I have chosen to focus on a generalized mission to give the feel of what happened on both sides..

lewis11777
December 29th, 2009, 17:41
Is that the FP B-24 or did Ted upload the new AI B-24 yet?

HouseHobbit
December 29th, 2009, 18:10
I am using a reskinned FP b24, As the Strawberry Bitch in my base build up missions.. The Missions call for the standard FP b-24.. There will be a set calling for two reskined aircraft; One reskinned aircraft FP b-24 Teggie_Ann The Skin supplied By Major Magee; and one using the "Halibrator" a reskinned Halifax, again supplied by Major Magee..
I am working up German and Romainian Intercept missions also..And another set using the AVH B17 002
Thanks To Major Magee BRAVO..
His Masters skills in skins has given a Great addition to these missions..
<<<S>>>

Led Zeppelin
December 30th, 2009, 09:33
I have chosen to focus on a generalized mission to give the feel of what happened on both sides..
and you did it well, the draft mission you send me is very good, this will be an immersive one.

Is that the FP B-24 or did Ted upload the new AI B-24 yet?
The B24 I've used to flown this mission com from the FirePower_USAAF_Heavy_Bombers_2eto kit.

HouseHobbit
January 1st, 2010, 17:28
I have developed a set of bomber missions I shall be sending out for the B-24 FP, there were several things from the base missions I have had to change,,
There will be a New XDP with a Loadout with ferry tanks and a reduced bomb load for the Firepower b-24, As the aircraft is, it doen't have enough range on 100% settings to fly the mission..

One of these limits in the MAW and aircraft set ups I have had to work around..
And as it stands there will be a AXIS set and Allied set..Seperate of each other..

Led Zeppelin
January 1st, 2010, 23:46
In the real mission, the front bomb bay was loaded with two 400 US gallons extra tanks, the bombs were loaded in the rear bomb bay.