PDA

View Full Version : Passin Time in the Pit -

EgoR64
December 28th, 2009, 11:04
LOL - Got a TV Tuner from Best Buy $34.00 Clearence sale - Cool - Helps with the long Flights - Cable TV attaches directly into Card -

Cheers -

deathfromafar
December 28th, 2009, 11:20
I love it!!!

heywooood
December 28th, 2009, 11:28
the o-o-o-o-o-n-ly way to fly.....

EasyEd
December 28th, 2009, 12:43
Hey All,

I have three comments on your post and pic.

1) Now we know what those northwest airline pilots were doing. :icon_lol:

2) You obviously know how to use an FMC. I have just run away with my tail between my legs from the Wilco Embraer Legacy (600) FMC (bought 2 days ago). After a couple hours of trying to comprehend how to program it - I've quit for awhile. (actually the problem is the directions more than the software - press LOAD which one of 3 LOADS and what is an IRS align anyway)

3) I need one of those cable setups!

-Ed-

EgoR64
December 29th, 2009, 04:35
Hi easyed,

The easiest FMS for me is the CS 757 & 767, I like em cause the LNAV and VNAV work good. Also you can import a Pre-Creted Flight Plan - it is the best for me I can easily change the flight plan upon descent and landing - IRS is set manually in these aircraft -

The Super80 - Pro - has a similar FMS and the IRS can be set automatically, You can import a Flight plan as well -

The PMDG BAe - JS4100 - is fairley easy to use, no VNAV function, but not a big deal, great flyer -

I just figured out the PMDG 747, very fun once you get it working -

I have not purchased any Wilco yet, however I'm looking at the 737 & CRJ -

--------------

The TV card is very cool, hit up your local Best buy for thier year end sales -

Cheers -

deimos256
December 29th, 2009, 05:21
My only fmc experience is the CS767 and being able to import flightplans is a huge help, then all you have to figure out is your approach. As for passing the time on long flights I have my tv right next to my
monitor with a ps3 so I have plenty of options. Lately I have been practicing my rubik's cube proficiency. Actually the other day I ran out to the supermarket for about a half hour and let the flight go.