PDA

View Full Version : Aimé Leclercq’s and FSX's Converted Textures for CFS2

miamieagle
December 28th, 2009, 08:13
New Aimé Leclercq’s and FSX's Converted Textures for CFS2 Available at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=combatfs/pages&page=downloads_cfs2

This are Texures converted from FX to CFS2 texures!

Thank you!

mariereid
December 28th, 2009, 08:33
Bravo, D!

CrisGer
December 28th, 2009, 08:38
Thank you DVSlats! very nice.

p14u2nv
December 28th, 2009, 08:49
Thank you very much. This wil look great!

dvslats
December 28th, 2009, 15:10
Thanks for the kind words guys.

There is one thing I think needs to be clarified. When the main title for the upload was made I had too many characters in the title bar so the end does not show. What's missing is the statement that this is a three (3) part download. Thought there may still be some dial-up users out there. My mistake for cutting that off.

So with that being said, one would need to download all three parts for the tiles to show as intended in CFS2.

There are two more things I intend to do to give these a better appearence with the already produced add-on airstrips.

1.) Make a land class .bgl for Pen32Win's Port Moresby and Wewak strips. This will be to blend them in better with the darker shades that these textures have.

2.) Get the area in the CBI straightened out for Xaviers fields. There would be another batch of textures in the "b" catagory for a Pacific & CBI install. Something like this would have to be done to keep these apart from the Europe land class since they also use the "b" textures.

On the topic of China, I have located the coordinates where the "h" textures end and the "b" land class starts.
If you use Free Flight/Location/ type in N45*0.22' E115*59.96' This is the Northwest corrner of the "h" class. It travels east to just beyond the Hawaiin islands in the ocean. I haven't exactly located the Southern coords yet since they are in the water and not too easy to find in the MB.

So that's the scuttlebut on that.

Any comments, the good or the bad, feel free to post them. I ain't that thin skinned. :icon_lol:

Vaya con Dios, Dave

Jagdflieger
December 29th, 2009, 07:02
Holy smokes!

With all my recent travels I almost missed this landmark effort. Many thanks Dvslats!

Fibber
December 29th, 2009, 12:50
Dvslats;
Those are fantastic!:ernae::applause:
I was wondering though,(and I will show my unfamiliarilty with some of the inner workings of the game here!) I tried to make this a add-on folder in the scenerybd with the name Aimee LeClerque textures, in that I had a scenery and texture folder with the textures there-in, but couldn't load it through the Scenery Settings function. Any pointers how this may be done? Would all the Scenery.bgls need to be put in that folder also for it to work? Just curious.

xavierb
December 29th, 2009, 15:02
Thanks a lot for this beautiful set of textures.

dvslats
December 30th, 2009, 02:57
Hi Fibber,
It's an easy deal really...just double click on your Scenedb folder, then double click World, and Texture next. This is where you copy and paste the .bmp's from the download...into this texture folder and allow overwrite.

Also if you have addon airstrips other then the stock ones, you will need to copy and paste the .bmps downloaded to the CFS2 Root/Texture folder.
Just these two Texture folders.
And thats it. No Scenery Library is needed for activation because the sim will load the new ones the next time you fire her up.

But, its a good idea to make back ups of these two texture folders before you start. This way if you would like to revert back to what you had before, or something goes sour, you can delete the added to ones and replace them with the back ups.
Sort of the usual run of the mill procedure we've gotten use to. ;)

Hi there xavierb,
It's good to see you posting again.
I have always enjoyed your work and hope to add something as a return for you and other designers that have given me hours...what am I saying...years of enjoyment in this ol' sim. I'm glad you think Aimés land class looks good also.
BTW, today I noticed on his website some more textures for the intermediate areas that are available for downloading. These should make things a bit more interesting. :)

Cheers Fibber and xavierb

RobH
January 1st, 2010, 19:44
Dvslats,

Just got your textures installed and they look incredible!

Thank you very much!:ernae:

Wildcat-87
January 7th, 2010, 21:17
:bump:Nice Work the really add the that tropical feel to the pacific.

dvslats
January 7th, 2010, 21:55
You're very welcome. It's good to hear ya'll be able to get some use out of them. :mixedsmi:

Ghostrider
January 9th, 2010, 08:00
Very nice, indeed, DV!