PDA

View Full Version : Beta updated airfields

gavinc
December 28th, 2009, 07:55
Hi,
Here is the first beta of the MS default bases updated to be compatible with Rhumbaflappy's LOD 8 mesh and Pacific coastlines.
It includes updates for 48 of the 50 airfields (Ocean Island and Emidj still need work) so that they all sit on land.
They are still MS default (I didn't add any 3rd party GSL objects) so I take no blame for historical in-accuracy.

There is a read-me that explains what you need to do.

Enjoy
Gavin

p14u2nv
December 28th, 2009, 08:32
Thank you for sharing your work, this will make a big difference Gavin!

mariereid
December 28th, 2009, 08:44
Thank you gavinc! I can put my rubber boots away!

Wulf190
December 28th, 2009, 09:58
I'd love to use this, but I've heavily modified my CFS2 install, and I'd rather not junk my modified cfs2 gsl file and have to rebuild it. Is there a work around to get the new stock airfield positions in to CFS2 with out having to junk everything?

gavinc
December 28th, 2009, 23:32
I'd love to use this, but I've heavily modified my CFS2 install, and I'd rather not junk my modified cfs2 gsl file and have to rebuild it. Is there a work around to get the new stock airfield positions in to CFS2 with out having to junk everything?

Hi Wulf
Not every airfield is moved, anything that is inland should be in exactly the same place so the default GSL is fine.
As for the rest
All I can suggest is that you install the airfields and then go in with a GSL editor and remove the default infrastructure, then load the appropriate LAY file and then save.

Good luck
Gavin

Devildog73
December 31st, 2009, 06:51
Gavin,

:salute::ernae::ernae::ernae::salute:

Jagdflieger
December 31st, 2009, 09:38
Thanks Gavinc!

Wulf, I guess the best option would be to start a new installation using the LOD 8 mesh and these updated airfield locations. That way you could save your previous and still use the new stuff without getting the two all mixed up.

Rami
January 1st, 2010, 05:40
Thank you so much!