PDA

View Full Version : I Think I'm Done

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 16:30
Followed the tutorial to get the fiorst download packager thing...

It does not find my install at all...

i have no clue what to do with it now...

Then I got the next in the list, its a rar file and I have no clue how to open or use a packager or a rar file..

As I expected its getting more complicated that I care for...ACK...

Not real intrested at this point in going back to school...LOl

sooo....maybe I'm done with this as I was with X plane when it refused to fly...Crapola.

Chacha
December 27th, 2009, 16:38

Then I got the next in the list, its a rar file and I have no clue how to open or use a packager or a rar file..

sooo....maybe I'm done with this as I was with X plane when it refused to fly...Crapola.

NO

Don't give up..... you are almost there....

Rest for now and start again tomorrow...

You will LOVE it....

Give it another try....:engel016:

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 17:00
Mason,

This is how close you are.

A RAR file is the same as a ZIP file. Most zip programs will unzip a RAR file. The Europeans love RAR files alot for some reason.

On your installer, just select browse and find the folder for X3 for it to install to.

Thats all.

I downloaded the X3 Installer Manager or what ever its called. I can then download SPK files (special X3 installation files) and it will install them for you and register them into the game. That way, you can delete them if you like as well.

Its so much to learn that at first its staggering. STAGGERING...

Once you learn the basics though, you start learning new things and before you know it, you have a fleet of fighters, a fleet of freighters, maybe a station or two, or like Eli, you have your own illegal Space Fuel running business.

:d

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 17:24
I know how to use WinRar..Just hate it for some reason..

The package installer thing actually gave me three programs on my desktop..i have no clue which one or how to use it...LOl

PLUS...NONE of the three can find my install, when I browse to it, a box pops up that says its an invalid path or something....Hmmmmmmm

So..Cloud9grl...........You may now laugh away....LOl

She sent me a PM telling me that this thread made her laugh hard at my stupidity...LOL

I'm to old for this ...HeHe And don't have much time to learn with the shop and all that I run by myself . 10 hours a day, 6 days a week...

But hey...I have a screenshot for my efforts...AND

I was using that instructor guy teaching me to fly...I followed him, as told, docked at the miming station, still could not trade, than undockes as told and followed...he said

lets go do some fighter training , or something..COOL..I followed his silly butt to the metior or planet, and hit something, it went bang...he said to follow him again, I did and blew up...LOL

Cloud9Gal
December 27th, 2009, 17:39
LOL! You are so wrong Harley! I never laughed at your stupidity. I laughed at the whole "too complicated for me" thing.

It sounded just like me! When it's too complicated, I move on! LOL!
You're cute!
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s11916.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

Chacha
December 27th, 2009, 17:40
I know how to use WinRar..Just hate it for some reason..

The package installer thing actually gave me three programs on my desktop..i have no clue which one or how to use it...LOl

PLUS...NONE of the three can find my install, when I browse to it, a box pops up that says its an invalid path or something....Hmmmmmmm

So..Cloud9grl...........You may now laugh away....LOl

She sent me a PM telling me that this thread made her laugh hard at my stupidity...LOL

I'm to old for this ...HeHe And don't have much time to learn with the shop and all that I run by myself . 10 hours a day, 6 days a week...

But hey...I have a screenshot for my efforts...AND

I was using that instructor guy teaching me to fly...I followed him, as told, docked at the miming station, still could not trade, than undockes as told and followed...he said

lets go do some fighter training , or something..COOL..I followed his silly butt to the metior or planet, and hit something, it went bang...he said to follow him again, I did and blew up...LOL

Well, you have not even on the game yet....

Be patient, Mason, you waited for waited for this game for like ever.....:pop4:

Even Hannah enjoys blowing the Kha'Ahks.... :icon_lol:

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 17:48
Mason,

Its up to you man. We have a blast at this.

When I first flew in FS, I didnt know how to do VOR navigation, landing in ILS conditions, at night in the snow with fog. I didnt know how to work all the views, how to zoom out. I didnt know how to work all the clickables in the virtual cockpits..

You cant learn such a huge game in a couple of days..

So if you want to walk away, after waiting a month for it to arrive, then fine. But I think you are missing out on it. I think you would have fun at this. I know time is valuable. I too have times when I dont get a chance to play it and maybe can only squeeze in half an hour at 11PM on a day in the week. Feels good though doing a flight in a totally different game that is filled with tons of new discoveries...

Bill

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 18:22
Ok... I will thrive darnit....

Which of these things do I use to install the Rar VC files please..???

Then after I know which one to use I will show you the path error it gives me..Then whrn I click OK to that , the tool opens , but has no features...LOl

aeronca1
December 27th, 2009, 18:28
Mason, don't give in to it!!! It's like learning a language. At first you can't make yourself understood, but take it one step at a time. Don't listen to that inner voice that says, C'mon, any 2 year old can do it. No they can't! Ever listen to a 2 year old in conversation? Take a step back if you must, but like anything else, a few weeks from now you'll look back and laugh saying it wasn't all that tough.

OR, you get yourself a postal uniform and climb a tower:icon_lol:

MaddogK
December 27th, 2009, 18:35
RAR's have better compression than Zip's, I rather prefer them to Zips. Also- winRAR won't un-compress an RAR if it was compressed with a newer version RAR program, update your WinRAR Harleyman.

Try WinACE, it'll un-compress almost all formats.

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 18:36
Mason,

For unzipping files, I use freeware IZarc.exe. Thing is amazing. Unzips things I have never heard of.

Plugin Manager; Installer............. Use this to install SPK files

Just to let you know, I decided to pick on Xenon super ships on their own turf in my lite Corvette 'Nemesis'. I just died about 5 times in 5 min's, lolol... What a rush!

I am taking down that Q!!!!!

Bill

HarleymansWife
December 27th, 2009, 18:50

Oh COME ON! You are SUCH a WUSS! All I've heard about for weeks is this game, I get for you for Christmas, and the FIRST DAY you install and try to play, you're already crying! What gives, man? LOL You better get your rear in gear and learn not give up this easily.

Come on, Y'all, help this fool out before I have to hurt him! :icon_lol::greenf:

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 18:56
Thats my darn wife picking on me..

So...Which one of those 4 things do I use to install the VC with (script)?

see pic above..

Watch it Tina or I will ban you...LOL

Cloud9Gal
December 27th, 2009, 18:56
Oh COME ON! You are SUCH a WUSS! All I've heard about for weeks is this game, I get for you for Christmas, and the FIRST DAY you install and try to play, you're already crying! What gives, man? LOL You better get your rear in gear and learn not give up this easily.

Come on, Y'all, help this fool out before I have to hurt him! :icon_lol::greenf:

I LOVE her!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s10029.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

Awesome!

Welcome Harleymanswife!! Nice to have you on board!!!

HarleymansWife
December 27th, 2009, 19:00
Oh, ban me will ya? Let's see how you like it if I ban YOU from the bedroom! ;)

LOL... thanks Cloud9Gal, for the nice welcome! :)

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 19:02
OK Lets recapp..

I know what a rar file is..i have winrar and have unzipped the VC file..That gave me two files on my desktop.. A DAT file and a Security Catalog

BUT.....WHICH installer do I use...Then I will post a pick of it as none of the 4 installers from the manager program have a valid path..

YES I browsed to the path manually

GT182
December 27th, 2009, 19:10
Mason, I've had this game for over a month now. Guess what... I still don't fully know what the hell I'm doing. This is a learning experience like no other. Ya just got to stick with it and read read read.... here and on the other links we've all been looking at. You CAN NOT install this sim and expect to jump right in. It's like walking or learning to talk.... it takes time.

Print out the manuals and print out the info Mike and Bill have graciously provided us...... and READ it all.

Frustrating? Hell yes. But ya gotta crawl before you can walk. ;)

Chacha
December 27th, 2009, 19:17
Hey Mrs. Mason,

welcome to the SOH!

This is going to be a lot of fun........:monkies:

Now, Mason....

Keep your cool and Focus! :jump:

Don't let Hannah teach you how to right click.... :wavey:

Chacha
December 27th, 2009, 19:20
Mason,

Listen what Hannah has to say:

Mr. Mason, If the first time you don't succeed try and try and try and try again....

Use other strategees... how do you spell that Mommy? :173go1:

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 19:21
Mason,

I am stuck on installing CAT and DAT files also. Mike walked me through it once. Tonight is his public second day mashed potatoes and turkey day, so he may not be on, or perhaps late tonight, east coast Canada time, (Labrador territory, land of snow manufacturing plants).

I wish I could remember how they are installed.. My new little ship I made is in CAT / DAT files.. arrgh.. Cant figure out how to put it in game.

Welcome Harleyman'sWife!

Glad to have you aboard.

Tell him not to give up this soon... The fun is only about to begin...

old uncle bill with giant gray eyebrows

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 19:30
Mason,

I found out how to install your VC.. (and my new ship).

* Create a new folder in your main X3TC folder. Name it 'mods'
* Drop your new VC DAT and CAT folders in there.
* Open X3TC
* Click "Select Mods Package" on the little start screen
* Click on your new VC mod package
* Select OK
* Select Start X3TC
* Go into your last flight and start your flight. See if you have a VC

:d

<-- off to see if I can find my new ship at the dock yards....

bill

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 19:33
Ok Well the file he posted to use to add VC I installed manually where the others were of the same kind and no joy..

PLUS as I said that package installer does not ever find a valid path ...

Plus that stupid tutorial man made me blow up....LOl

i will try to learn..

Thanks for the advice Hannah with two H's

gigabyte
December 27th, 2009, 19:34
OK Lets recapp..

I know what a rar file is..i have winrar and have unzipped the VC file..That gave me two files on my desktop.. A DAT file and a Security Catalog

BUT.....WHICH installer do I use...Then I will post a pick of it as none of the 4 installers from the manager program have a valid path..

YES I browsed to the path manually

OK Mason, I am stuffed full of Turkey and Day Old Mashed Potatos and Gravy... see the Newshawks for the explaination of that...lol

The first thing I will say is to igonore those three icons on your desktop, using them at this point is confusing, it is like trying to install an aircraft in FSX and changing the cockpit the first time you start FSX... PITA...

I highly recommend using the Cockpit Mod and the X3 Load screen to activate it, and forget any other mods or scripts until you are comfortable with the Sim and can actually do all the basics like trading and trashing some low lifes.

I will write up a Cheat Sheet to do the Cockpit Mod only and post it in a few minutes, work for you...?

Edit, I had problems with the package installer as well when I first started to use it, you have to make sure you have created the Mod Folder inside the X3 Game folder it is not there by default and that can mess up the Packager, more on that another time...

gigabyte
December 27th, 2009, 20:01
OK here goes, this is the way I first installed this mod and it was easier for me than the Cycrow installer in the beginning. I found I was trying to do too much right off the bat and nothing worked right so I went back to the drawing board.

First of all get the right Cockpit Mod, the one I like is at this link - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdycjwymtu1 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdycjwymtu1) (the file name is - PSCO1_CockpitMod_v1.20a_withHUD.rar)

If you are still having problems with RAR files let me know I will be happy to convert it to a Zip file and load it on my Internet share for you to download.

OK once you have the mode the rest is simple step by step...

1 ) navigate to your X3 Terran Conflict folder (normally - C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict ) Look inside that folder and see if there is a folder named - "mods" (no quotes) if it does not exist create it, no caps.

2 ) place your downloaded cockpit mod folder anywhere you like and extract the contents, there are only 2 files - PSCO1_CockpitMod_v1.20a_withHUD.cat and PSCO1_CockpitMod_v1.20a_withHUD.dat

3 ) Now copy those two files into that mod folder inside the game folder... Poof the install is done that's IT!

All that remains is to activate the Mod when you start X3, now when you start the game you will see the "Select Mod Package" button is active, click that and you will see the file name you copied to the mod folder, highlight it and click OK, you will return to the start screen and now click start, now you are up and runing with the Mod active and it will remain active until you go back and unselect it in the Select Mod Package Screen.

Now go BLAST some Zenon, or at least do some exploring... and welcime to the X3 Universe my friend and a big WELCOME as well to Mrs Harleyman, or should your name be HarleyWOman...lol

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 20:09
bravo Bill...I now have VC..

Just like adding scenery to FSX manually then...

Ok I have made progress ...Thank you..

Does the SETA always turn off with every user movement?? Like with it on, and I make a steering correctioon, the SETA turns off.. And it goes back to 1000 at game launch everytime..Is that normal?

Thanks

gigabyte
December 27th, 2009, 20:32
bravo Bill...I now have VC..

Just like adding scenery to FSX manually then...

Ok I have made progress ...Thank you..

Does the SETA always turn off with every user movement?? Like with it on, and I make a steering correctioon, the SETA turns off.. And it goes back to 1000 at game launch everytime..Is that normal?

Thanks

HM, CONGRATS, you are on your way now :)

You are correct about the SETA drive it is straight line only as far as user controls go, it will do some steering on it's own but if you touch a control or change the view (Forward to left right etc) it shuts down, I look at it as a safety feature, when you are going at SETA Speeds you have no time to react to danger so it is a good thing it shuts down.

Here is one more link you might want to check out X3-Handbook-v4.zip (http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/X3-Handbook-v4.zip) this is on the Apricot Mapping service site it is an enhanced Manual for X3, and this guy has done and excellent job. It does contain some spoilers but they are identified so you can avoid them if you wish, but reagardless it is an excellent user guide.

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 02:47
Thanks for the manual...I have it and will read thru it today ...

To bad about the SETA drive shutting off..Without it if feels so slow...LOL

GT182
December 28th, 2009, 05:26
Mason, print out that manual. It's the only way to play and read what you need to know and learn at the same time. Glad too that you are moving forward with this beast. Like said before the learning curve is steep. Your life ill not be the same as you knew it with X3. LOL And get the Mrs. in it too. 2 heads working on it together at close range will be a big help too. It'll be like dating all over again. ;)

Right now I've got a mess on my desk from all the manuals, and info Mike and Bill have written down here. So do like me ... get yer readin glasses out. ;)

CrisGer
December 28th, 2009, 13:45
I am lurking here and taking notes. My copy of the game is coming by slow stagecoach over the snow covered pass, i expect it may be here very soon.... in the meantime i am shadowing this learning process thanks to Harleyman ;) and all the great help. thanks to all.:ernae:

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 13:52
I am lurking here and taking notes. My copy of the game is coming by slow stagecoach over the snow covered pass, i expect it may be here very soon.... in the meantime i am shadowing this learning process thanks to Harleyman ;) and all the great help. thanks to all.:ernae:

Well..It was tough at first, onlt cause I wanted a VC in my ship, and it just was way beyond comprension..I am also very run down and tired too...

The game is really fun...

I will take GT182's advice and print that manual off...I will click launch again tonight and try more stuff..

I am having trouble with AP still as of last night,,,But will try again...

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 14:40
I just loaded the game , and was tring to dock with the tutorial dude and my ship just kept spinning and spinning in circles....

This was not the case ever before..I could let go og my Logitec Pro stick and it would just spin and spin...

And at what poing do you use AP..Everytime I try all it does is say Disconnected AP.... And it was not even on....

Thanks

Lionheart
December 28th, 2009, 15:02
I just loaded the game , and was tring to dock with the tutorial dude and my ship just kept spinning and spinning in circles....

This was not the case ever before..I could let go og my Logitec Pro stick and it would just spin and spin...

And at what poing do you use AP..Everytime I try all it does is say Disconnected AP.... And it was not even on....

Thanks

HM,

I have that after dog-fights now and then. I reset my Joystick by unplugging it, listening for windows to go 'Ding...!', then I plug it back in and usually its reset. If that doesnt work, I click on a station (target), and then shift-D and dock, save, reboot the game, and continue my journey/mission.

Another thing, which happened to me is my control yoke has rudder trim and if I spin the wheel knob a bit (I do often by mistake), then it spins the ship continuously...

Concerning AP being used continuously, no.. I use it about 50% of the time. If I am doing trade routes involving a very short amount of time, I use pure AP with SETA drive. Otherwise, I like to steer and all, like in a real plane. Cruising around huge asteroids, dodging between them, flying ultra close to stations, stopping and checking things out, scanning ships to see who they are, etc, is what I do often..

Docking when you are beginning is best done via AP...

I never did the tutorial flights.. Man.. I missed out..

Bill

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 15:38
Thanks Bill

I reset my stick with its calibration deal and its good again..

Still cant get the AP working right..but I am trying...LOL

Snuffy
December 28th, 2009, 15:55

Sounds like my kinda woman ... shove a stick up his backbone! :bump: :ernae:

(PS, Welcome to the forums Harleyman's Wife!!!!)

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 16:01
Question...

I target, say a cattle station, gain permission to land,,

Still hand flying to dock, and out of nowhere I always get...docking aborted??????????

Whats up with that....

Again...Once within how many clicks do I set AP and with what keys....Somethings gotta be wrong ...UGH...

GT182
December 28th, 2009, 16:21
Question...

I target, say a cattle station, gain permission to land,,

Still hand flying to dock, and out of nowhere I always get...docking aborted??????????

Whats up with that....

Again...Once within how many clicks do I set AP and with what keys....Somethings gotta be wrong ...UGH...

Patience Grasshopper. ;)

Docking Aborted usually means your speed is too fast on approach. Take it slower the closer you get. Also Red "down arrow" should show in your HUD letting you know your speed is too fast.

To get AP working I click on a station I want to dock at. That HUD will turn green and a menu should appear. Click on Automatic Docking with Target. [I think that's it] Don't click your mouse or AP will turn off. If you are too close to where you want to dock, you will have to turn around and manually pilot your ship away for a few Kms and try to Auto Dock again.

Lionheart
December 28th, 2009, 16:32
Aborted Dockings; Also caused from taking too long, shuts off after a while.

Mason, you 'should' be able to 'turn' very very slightly on fast ships without shutting off SETA. With huge ships, like the Split Elephant or Terran carrier 'Tokyo', you can use almost full turn on the joystick and it will stay on SETA. Small fighters though usually will bounce off the SETA if you touch the joystick. Arrow keys will turn it off immediately.

To access your AP and commands, hit shift-C. Then you can click Navigation/Dock-at/Sector/Station and hit enter and you start your flight to that dock.

Later, when you have Hyper Drive (jump drive), you can tune your ship to auto-jump, and when you pick a station in another sector to dock at, your ship will auto-jump to that sector and then fly to the station and dock. Pretty cool stuff.

You can hit J key when in AP mode.

Bill

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 16:34
YUP I'm to fast then..have seen the red arrow down

After I target a station, I have never seen a box that gives AP ...Hmmmm

I'll go see again

Thanks

Lionheart
December 28th, 2009, 16:55
Mason...

Watch this (if you havent already).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtzUtCWfkKU&feature=related

OtzUtCWfkKU

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 17:13
Thanks Bill..I'll check it out after skype with my daughters friend thats loosing her mom

Lionheart
December 29th, 2009, 01:22
They are still in my prayers Mason. Its been rough on you as well man. Hang in there.

Awesome that you are a strength for them that is keeping them all together.

I think I had forgotten to tell you about thrusters. I use them often, and I dont think normally everyone else does, but with having had a shuttle sim years ago, I used them alot and so I use them on this. About the only time you need them is when you are parking up beside another ship, or when you are undocking from a station.

Up/Down thrusters are W and S, with S being down thruster.

Side to side thrusters are A and D.

Rotational thrusters (Z axis) are Q and E, (if you dont have a twist joystick or rudder pedals).

For using these when undocking, you would;
* Click Undock
* Blip the S key for 'down thrust' for a moment (2 to 3 seconds?)
* Pull the nose down with joystick or up arrow (works like trim in FS)
* Then accellerate away along the taxi lights/approach lights ramp

Using the approach lights ramp to accellerate away ensures you do not hit anyone that might be approaching the docking arms from under you. When you rotate down, you can see them coming. Bigger ships always do this, while smaller fighters usually undock, drop down a bit, then accellerate away without nosing down. (AI traffic that is).

I hope you are resting well man. Things like what your friends are going through really take alot out of you. When mom got her knee worked on, I was half living at the hospital, and that was just a maintenance surgery. Really took alot out of me, but I wouldnt be anywheres else..

Youre the man!

Bill

harleyman
December 29th, 2009, 02:52
Great to know...Thanks..I have only docked several times, so only several un-docking ..And it seemed that my ship did drop out, I never had to do anything except turn and go as far as I remember....LOl

And I think my ship is called...ummmm I forgot...LOL

YUP..These things do take alot out of you..Thanks for your kind words Bill..They mean much... Mostly they bring back those memories of being with my mom that dies from cancer her last few months, and seeing , living, and knowing just how awful cander deaths really are..

I was very fortuinate, my mom had great faith, and had come to terms with dying, and was ready.This lady has lost her faith, and is fighting death and in great denial still....Man..It sux for lack of a better word.

gigabyte
December 29th, 2009, 08:51
Mason, I have been thinking of your daughters friend and what you all must be feeling, we have you in our thoughts and prayers. I have lived through the same ordeal myself the past two years, having lost a cousin after a long a couragous battle with cancer, and watching another still fighting the good fight, she has come to terms with her fate and is ready, however her husband has not and it is going ot be very difficult for him this year. Nothing any of the family including his lovely brave wife say seems to get through he keeps insisting she will be fine, while she and everyone else know the clock is ticking...

Take care my friend, and keep the faith, it is what can be most comfort, when you really need it.

Chacha
December 29th, 2009, 09:01
Hey Mason,

Good to know you are doing well on docking and undocking.... I started like that, just to get the feel of it...

The first time I started I did a mission I never even finish, lack of time and I was fascinated on the things I saw in the Xuniverse... I was touring basically... forgot that I have a mission....

Don't worry if you don't remember where you are and what ship you are in... It's normal, (it comes with aging process) :isadizzy:

And when you restart and you don't find anything, don't freak out, it is just in the mind.... if you need help, just holler, there are gurus here to help: Mike, Bill, LD, GT.... (and sorry if I missed your name)

Two years ago, in February, my uncle from TX passed away from cancer and old age, he decided for us to pull the plug, we were all crying for him, but he was just so cool about it, we had it on video, he was saying farewell my friends.... he said his battle is over and he surrenders.... the plug was pulled and after three days, he was gone... with a smile on his face! :engel016:

Take them courage, Mason....

It is contagious, show them your faith, and all will follow you... We still pray for this family....

harleyman
December 29th, 2009, 09:03
It was my friends wife actually gigabyte( a member here)...It was their daughter that has been having the hardest time, and I have spent countless hours on the phone and e mail talking with her...

She called this morning to say that her mom, had passed quietly in the night last night..This was after Hospice had to raise her meds daily for over a week to keep her calm...

I am glad that it is over and she went peacefully....

The Lord is my shepard.......etc

Thanks for everything

Chacha
December 29th, 2009, 09:08
Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Chacha
December 29th, 2009, 09:10
I like this version better:

Psalm 23 (Amplified Bible)

Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.

1THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

2He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.(A)

3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.

4Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.

6Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

Snuffy
December 29th, 2009, 09:25
It was my friends wife actually gigabyte( a member here)...It was their daughter that has been having the hardest time, and I have spent countless hours on the phone and e mail talking with her...

She called this morning to say that her mom, had passed quietly in the night last night..This was after Hospice had to raise her meds daily for over a week to keep her calm...

I am glad that it is over and she went peacefully....

The Lord is my shepard.......etc

Thanks for everything

Sorry to hear this Mason. All is well then, there is no more suffering.

:engel016:

GT182
December 29th, 2009, 09:51
Sorry to hear that Mason. But she is now in a place where there is no suffering, only peace and calm with the Man above. :engel016:

harleyman
December 29th, 2009, 10:13
Thanks guys and gals..

yes..its better to walk with Angles, then be here suffering .

Lionheart
December 29th, 2009, 11:04
I am so sorry Mason.

Man.. I was just praying for her.

Jesus, please bless her with no more memories of her pain, but good memories instead of the great times she had.

Amen..

Lionheart
December 29th, 2009, 11:15
I like this version better:

Psalm 23 (Amplified Bible)

Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.

1THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

2He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.(A)

3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.

4Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.

6Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

Thats awesome Eli. I hadnt heard that version before.

Bill