PDA

View Full Version : HELP...LOl

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 07:55
Hi,

I am about to install mr game....

I have the Gols Edition.... I have no clue which to install and in what order.....

The game is to be installed onto a seperate HDD , so do I need to make two game folders , or do they just install on top of one another????

I have these two disks...

1)X3 Reunion 2.5

2)X3 Terran Conflict 2.5

Thanks for helping

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 08:07
Hey Mason,

Yes, two seperate folders.

I have mine on an exterior drive also. I just told it where I wanted it installed and it went smoothly. I only have X3TC though (in Windows) so I cant speak for X3 Reunion.. .

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 08:39
Thanks.. Just loaded and tried X3 terran and was LOST...

I think I am moving , but it feels all sideways and I hit a station and blew up...What am I trying to do ..i am a merchant..I say yellow cent signs about, and blue target boxes..

I think I need that wharp thing too...

Is there a kewboard sheet to print out od commands?

Can you get an external view>

What captures screenshota?

I have it set to be called screenshots I think..

Thanks...

It runs very smooth too..its awsome looking, and once I have a clue will love it,,,LOL

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 09:01
Mason,

Keyboard shortcuts; I wrote my most used ones out, here;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=28515

If you were looking sideways (using NumPad keys), then you may have flown into something. To look forward again, hit '5' key on NumPad..

Go to the Argon Free Trade Station and purchase the 'Singularity Engine Time Accellerator, then you can use J key to warp around the sector and check things out.

Bill

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 09:06
Remember, when you say you are lost, we all were when we first started out.. There is just so much you can do.. From fighting to business, to creating a fleet, etc..

To see what those signs say, (money sign, light bulb, etc), put your cross hairs on the station, click T key (target) and lock onto that object. At under 25 clicks distance, you can COMM the station and request what the person is selling, etc. (In the cross hairs is a distance readout on a locked target, as well as your speed in meters per second).

So, to access a station COMM, use T to target and lock onto the station (acts like a scanner), use C key to go to COMM when under 25 clicks distance, scroll down to person that has info/sales, etc, and find out what they are offering.

Tons of jobs and freight..

Also, you can find out what stations are selling or buying wares (freight, etc) for in their station menu's, so when you start selling things like shipments of Ore, you can find out who is paying the highest for it and sell it there. Just dont deal with computer components or microchips till you learn more on their pricing.. They are terribly high, and not a good return profit..

If I were you, I would just explore for a bit and get a feel for how to manage your ship and all the controls..

Also.. Use AutoDock (Shift D) to dock to stations.. I tried docking when I first started out.. I died so many times, lol.... eeks! (Take cover! Its him again!!!)

Bill

gigabyte
December 27th, 2009, 09:17
Hi,

I am about to install mr game....

I have the Gols Edition.... I have no clue which to install and in what order.....

The game is to be installed onto a seperate HDD , so do I need to make two game folders , or do they just install on top of one another????

I have these two disks...

1)X3 Reunion 2.5

2)X3 Terran Conflict 2.5

Thanks for helping

Hey Mason, glad to see you getting things going, as for the installs, what I did was simply change the Drive letter in the install path to my Games Drive, that way the remainder of the path stays the way the installer creates the default, so later updates and any patches and Mods are easier to locate the game just change the letter each time and leave the rest to the default. As far as which to install first and weather to seperate them not worry, they both install in their own folder so it does not matter which you do first. The Default path is - C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 REUNION for Reunion, and C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict for Terran Conflict, so they do not cause each other any problems. (for my install it is the same as above except the Drive is E:.)

Regarding the Key layout, check this topic by GT182 I posted a functional keyboard layout there, - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=28515 - it is not fancy but is very functional and I have the original Excel file so I can edit it for my own key Mappings.

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 09:33
Thanks for the tips ..

I have tried several times over a few days to see your key mapping, but the pictures posted refuse to expand where I can see them for some reason..

One last question..

I will go get the Argon Free Trade Station and purchase the 'Singularity Engine Time Accellerator

How do I find that? LOL Is there a map??

Thanks

Lionheart
December 27th, 2009, 09:43
Hit > and scroll down to 'Argon Free Trade Station', click on that, and select AutoDock. If you have the station locked on (clicked on or targeted) you can just use Shift-D.

Bill

gigabyte
December 27th, 2009, 10:12
Thanks for the tips ..

I have tried several times over a few days to see your key mapping, but the pictures posted refuse to expand where I can see them for some reason..

One last question..

I will go get the Argon Free Trade Station and purchase the 'Singularity Engine Time Accellerator

How do I find that? LOL Is there a map??

Thanks

The Map is a PDF you will probably have to Download it to see the whole thing, as for an Ingame map there are 2, the SEctor map is accessed by touching the "." key and the Universe map is displayed with the "," key. Beware the Universe map is sparce until you visit new sectors and they are added to your nav computer.

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 10:37
Cool Thanks