PDA

View Full Version : FSX Seafury

johno__UK
December 26th, 2009, 14:37
Hi guys, i have been wondering, how much interest would there be in a payware seafury? as i am planning on releasing one sometime this year. The shot in the image is an old one.

jeansy
December 26th, 2009, 15:15
ummmm yes

freeware would be better (just joking)

its looking good thus far :ernae:

deimos256
December 26th, 2009, 15:33
I would pay for one. Provided the price matches the quality.

falcon409
December 26th, 2009, 17:16
Hi guys, i have been wondering, how much interest would there be in a payware seafury? as i am planning on releasing one sometime this year. The shot in the image is an old one.
Honestly, and you probably know this, but the competition is stiff. There are so many freeware developers out there that are producing top notch (better than payware) models and so the expectations for payware have increased significantly.

Most have no problem paying for quality payware, but the bar is much higher now than it was even a year ago. The Sea Fury is one aircraft that has been missing from the FSX landscape and producing a really well done model will go a long way to getting folks excited enough to consider laying out cash to get one.

Remember, there are critics around every corner. If you pursue this be ready for major scrutiny, lol.

johno__UK
December 27th, 2009, 01:01
I should have said sometime in 2010 not this year and may also release a tempest 2 as part of the same package. As far as quality is concerned i would not expect anyone to part with any money for something sub standard. Would love to create a freeware version but this line of work is now my main job. Realy enjoyed doing the cfs3 stuff a few years back but it is not a hobby anymore for me.

Will post some up to date screenshots in near future..

Naki
December 27th, 2009, 01:12
Count me in if the quality is up there

Quixoticish
December 27th, 2009, 01:13
I would certainly be interested. If it was decent quality and came with a repaint kit then I wouldn't mind spending my hard earned pennies on one.

johno__UK
December 27th, 2009, 01:14
Heres a couple more AC i have done (old shots) am not allowed to say what for but may release them for FSX.

Stickshaker
December 27th, 2009, 03:00
Johno, count me in. I'm sure the quality will match the price.

Mathias
December 27th, 2009, 04:18
Welcome to the dark side, John!:d

calypsos
December 27th, 2009, 05:09
Looking good johno, you obviously know how to make great add-on aircraft! If you want any help, pop over to the Classic British Flight Sim forum, there are quite a few FAA types lurking there.

johno__UK
December 27th, 2009, 05:37
Thanks guys, will post regular updates on the seafury. Hi mathias been a while :) .

deimos256
December 27th, 2009, 07:24
Btw if you have been lurking around here there was a post about the Zero in fsx, or a lack thereof, you might find some considerable success taking that Zero a bit further.

Back on track I would certainly pay for a good sea fury, there was a freeware one for fs9 that was pretty good altough the VC left something to be desired.

Daveroo
December 27th, 2009, 08:04
i think the thing that is most important is a quality VC....PERSONALY SPEAKING FOR MYSELF...hopefully that wont start a fight...i think the VC and flight dynamics are im protant...i want to fly from a realistic cocpit and have it fly like the real thing would..i cant fly in the real world...but id like the sim to be as realistic as it can be...so ome did critical mass..tom dwelle's reno race sea fury...it looked perfect outside..but the VC siphoned i had to dump it...i showed it to Tom and Ken ( his son) and they were kind of excited...until they saw the vc and then they went ACK...BTW the Dwele's are restoring the sea fury to stock condition..cant wait to see it...he keeps the hanger locked tight...:kilroy:

deimos256
December 27th, 2009, 08:55
VC is definitely a big selling point for me as i spend 99% of my time there. A2A has also really spoiled me with systems modeling, Where you actually have to care for a plane and each plane has its own personality. Putting the thorttle to the firewall with no recourse kind of spoils the mood for me.

Dain Arns
December 27th, 2009, 09:03
VC is definitely a big selling point for me as i spend 99% of my time there. A2A has also really spoiled me with systems modeling, Where you actually have to care for a plane and each plane has its own personality. Putting the thorttle to the firewall with no recourse kind of spoils the mood for me.

Ditto. :salute:

Cag40Navy
December 27th, 2009, 09:06
well, make sure the dynamics are as close to the real thing as possible. For the zero, come to the "planes of fame" in Chino, CA. they have the only 2 flying A6M2 Zeros in the world with the real engine!

I hope you keep these 2 projects in the loop! (i hope you do the float version of the Zero too!)

johno__UK
December 27th, 2009, 11:29
The VC's will get the works :) .

delta_lima
August 5th, 2010, 09:08
Hello,

Any updates to this lovely rounded engined beauty? A Tempest II too, you say ....:applause:

thanks,

peter12213
August 5th, 2010, 11:08
I also want this, really badly!

youngharry
October 8th, 2010, 20:44
I am still hoping to stumble accross a dedicated sea Fury for FSX.
A lot of people are interested and would gladly pay for an up-to-date model.
Most of the aircraft from the Sea fury era are available,eg. Gannet, Firefly, Sea Venom, etc. so why not a Sea Fury?

falcon409
October 8th, 2010, 21:40
I have a feeling this one is a dead issue. No posts from the developer in almost a year now. Not good. It is amazing that as popular as the Hawker Sea Fury is. . .there hasn't been any real development done to bring one to FSX.

delta_lima
October 9th, 2010, 10:15
I have a feeling this one is a dead issue. No posts from the developer in almost a year now. Not good. It is amazing that as popular as the Hawker Sea Fury is. . .there hasn't been any real development done to bring one to FSX.

I'd have to agree.

Out of desperation, I tried loading up the Fox Four SF. Error message saying the model couldn't load.

sigh ....

OK - back to work I go

falcon409
October 9th, 2010, 11:40
I'd have to agree.
Out of desperation, I tried loading up the Fox Four SF. Error message saying the model couldn't load.
sigh ....
OK - back to work I go
Yep, I had the Sea Fury, almost there yesterday and this morning, but the prop disc was messed up. It would make everything behind it disappear. Looking from the back forward was fine, even in the VC, the view was perfect, but do a 360 around the aircraft from outside and as soon as you got to 3/4 view from the front, things started disappearing.

I thought maybe I could use the MDLMat utility and fiddle with the alphas, but the mdl file won't even load. Considering it's probably the original FS2002 mdl file I guess I'm not surprised.

I thought I was actually gonna get a version of the Sea Fury up and running, but NOPE, lol.

UKMIL
October 9th, 2010, 12:54
watch this space, post C130!

delta_lima
October 9th, 2010, 13:39
Yep, I had the Sea Fury, almost there yesterday and this morning, but the prop disc was messed up. It would make everything behind it disappear. Looking from the back forward was fine, even in the VC, the view was perfect, but do a 360 around the aircraft from outside and as soon as you got to 3/4 view from the front, things started disappearing.

I thought maybe I could use the MDLMat utility and fiddle with the alphas, but the mdl file won't even load. Considering it's probably the original FS2002 mdl file I guess I'm not surprised.

I thought I was actually gonna get a version of the Sea Fury up and running, but NOPE, lol.

What model were you using - Hanvey/Barry or Fox Four? I didn't even get that close - "cannot display model". You would really have rung the bell if you'd have made it work.

Post-130???? But mate, the SF came BEFORE the Herc ....:173go1:

J/K. Sounds wonderful. You will have many happy campers on that. Keep us posted!

cheers,

falcon409
October 9th, 2010, 14:04
dl, I was using this forum post to work the airplane I had "almost there".
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21730
:salute:

UKMIL
October 9th, 2010, 14:29
as i said, wait till i complete the C130

falcon409
October 9th, 2010, 14:33
Gaffer, you da man, lol.:salute::salute:

delta_lima
October 9th, 2010, 15:27
as i said, wait till i complete the C130

Sorry - I didn't mean to get your heckles up. I was just having some fun based on which came first historically. Will happily wait.

cheers,