PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Nationalist Bf109E-1 Number 6-98

MajorMagee
December 26th, 2009, 12:35
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii362/MajorMagee/SCWBf109-E1.jpg

I did this paint scheme in RLM 02, rather than RLM 73 to show a more sun faded shade than the ETO version of Spanish Nationalist Bf109. I've also chosen an E1 model (all MG, no cannons) to match the lower serial number of this one versus the ETO example.

I'll get a sample mission put together for this like I did for the I-16 package.

Mathias
December 26th, 2009, 13:28
Very nice.
And if you release this speak a prayer for the original creator of that Bf109 Gerard van der Harst who passed away almost a year ago on the 16. January 2009.

MajorMagee
December 26th, 2009, 17:32
Very nice.
And if you release this speak a prayer for the original creator of that Bf109 Gerard van der Harst who passed away almost a year ago on the 16. January 2009.

What's the protocol for getting permission to publish this now?

Mathias
December 27th, 2009, 03:23
I think including credits to the original makers Gerard van der Harst and Luca Festari would be fine?

MajorMagee
December 27th, 2009, 04:05
Thanks.

ndicki
December 27th, 2009, 04:49
Not at all bad looking! Well done. Uppersurfaces on Condor Legion Bf109Es were actually not RLM 02 but either 62 or 63. RLM 77 was also used on earlier types but not (as far as etc etc) on E-types. The difference between 02 and 63 is that minimal, I'm only nitpicking anyway... :ernae:

By the way, where did you find the font for the codes? I have a Ju87 that needs finishing. Alessandro let me use his MAW template...

HouseHobbit
December 27th, 2009, 09:00
A beautiful Bird.. I look forward to crashing it..
Thanks for all the effort to All involved..
<<<S>>>

MajorMagee
December 27th, 2009, 09:03
Sorry, I did the font by hand.

I got the color reference from this web page. http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/model/spain/codes.html (down at the bottom of the page) They argue for RLM72, or RLM73 but admit that they faded quickly in the Spanish sun. Hence I went with what some years ago was though to be the correct shade RLM02.

The image I followed was from the Wing Pallette web page identified as one of the two aircraft which were shot down by Republican pilot Hose Falco. http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/32/67/0/3

p.s.
These files from Reg's Hanger are a very useful addition for SCW in ETO Era 1 as well.
http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20main/CFS3%20theaters/Spain/Spanish%20Civil%20War.htm

viso
December 27th, 2009, 12:01
This E model has changed hands a few times. I did the conversion of the E-4 to the E-1 / E-3 which amounted to the rounded canopy and a few other bits. It was absolute misery but I'm glad to see that it's getting a bit more use.

seacondor
December 27th, 2009, 12:54
Mathias,
I hadn't heard that Gerard had died. That is very sad news. He was a source of inspiration and help to so many of us modelers in the early days. I could never reach the quality taht he could. But I'm still trying. Just in a different area of CG modeling at the moment.
This has taken me back some. I hope CFS3 guys gave him a good send off at the time.

Autothrottle
December 27th, 2009, 21:05
A beautiful Bird.. I look forward to crashing it..
Thanks for all the effort to All involved..
<<<S>>>

Man I'm just afraid to touch the paint, let alone crash such a fine work of German Art!

Well, I hope you empty the tanks before you do any crashing, otherwise you'll have a Barbeque on your hands!:icon_lol:

MAULET
December 28th, 2009, 07:23
MajorMagee..., bello pájaro... (beautiful bird)
Regards

MajorMagee
December 29th, 2009, 06:32
This E model has changed hands a few times. I did the conversion of the E-4 to the E-1 / E-3 which amounted to the rounded canopy and a few other bits. It was absolute misery but I'm glad to see that it's getting a bit more use.

Viso,

I managed to miss giving you credit when I uploaded this yesterday. You have both my apology, and my appreciation for your contribution to this project.

ndicki
December 29th, 2009, 08:38
The only reasons I haven't torn into it are that A. John's skins are fantastic as ever, and B. I understood that Gerard had an agreement with John. As it's now been released, I guess it's fair game for all comers...

HouseHobbit
December 29th, 2009, 16:36
Thank You to all involved with this Bird.. I am looking forward to crashing it, and Building some SCW missions for it also..
Thank You all very Much..
<<<S>>>

viso
December 29th, 2009, 17:53
I managed to miss giving you credit when I uploaded this yesterday. You have both my apology, and my appreciation for your contribution to this project.
I didn't note anything in the README files so absolutely no harm done. But thanks very much all the same.

Every now and again, I hear peeps and murmurs about some SCW scenarious and such. Maybe this will bring things a bit closer?

MajorMagee
December 30th, 2009, 06:07
There are a few out already, but not many. The one I included is really just for fun, but does try to come close to the descriptions I've read of up to 90 planes in the air at once during the summer of 1937.