PDA

View Full Version : Gannet

franzi
December 26th, 2009, 04:39
Hello,

New from Robert Richardson:http://www.classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=162&func=fileinfo&id=1611

Franz LOWG

Roger
December 26th, 2009, 04:55
Whoa...where did this suddenly appear from? Evidently I didn't have my ear as close to the ground as usual:isadizzy:

Downloading now...and thanks for the hu Franz!

jeansy
December 26th, 2009, 05:00
OMG thankyou

you have made my day after let down from nemeths 120

just bloody beautiful ! :ernae:

jeansy
December 26th, 2009, 05:14
yep i likes

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5235/20091227074931.png

calypsos
December 26th, 2009, 05:21
I've been watching this, but was not expecting it today!

The DL cuts out at 2.5 meg though!!!! grrrrrrrr.:icon_lol:

Roger
December 26th, 2009, 05:21
Me like too!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/gannet-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/gannet-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/gannet-3.jpg

LTCSZ
December 26th, 2009, 05:46
Can't get it...Download is incomplete or bad...Hope they correct it soon...Looks like a great plane...

Steve in Kansas

calypsos
December 26th, 2009, 06:07
I can only assume that their server cannot take more than a few DL's, I have been trying for an hour and only get 10-15% before it auto-completes! I just hope it appears somewhere else SOON!!!! It looks great!

jeansy
December 26th, 2009, 06:16
after reading the readme file ,it doesnt have restrictions on where you can upload it, so im going to upload it to a host site and if some one can host it here as ive lost my id and password AGAIN!

calypsos
December 26th, 2009, 06:32
Thanks Matt:salute:, at least you had a password, they do not seem to want to give me one! I am not sure why the author has not sent it elsewhere, it has not appeared on today's files at FS.com.

jeansy
December 26th, 2009, 06:37
ok i was checking CBFS and came across this

Thank you for downloading this file from classicbritishfiles.com Please respect the rights of the creator and do not upload to any other site without their express permission. Check Big Lots Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?big-lots/) and Bilo Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?bilo/).

where there is nothing in his zip, im sorry im going to hold off till my morning and hopefully some from there or even the author can give a thumbs up or they can sort out the server over there

once again sorry

but with this im kinda thinking , im not a member of the host site it only gives me 10 downloads so if you want it, i can send it to you via pm so i have 9 downloads left, which kinda gets thru all the red tape imo

huub vink
December 26th, 2009, 06:54
I just downloaded the Gannet without any problems.... Thanks you Robert its definitely a very nice add/on!

Huub

Seaking055
December 26th, 2009, 07:05
Great stuff, just got mine, many thanks for yet another pressie this holiday.
Are there any plans in the future to also do the AEW version from the 70's please.

Hurricane91
December 26th, 2009, 07:08
The file I downloaded is .rar. Is there a free rar utility that does not enable a bunch of spam?

Tako_Kichi
December 26th, 2009, 07:15
The file I downloaded is .rar. Is there a free rar utility that does not enable a bunch of spam?
I use WINRAR ....you are supposed to register it as shareware after so many days use but it keeps on working regardless....and no spam!

Flyboy208
December 26th, 2009, 07:18
Thanks for the heads-up ... Good reason to fire up FSX again ...

Mike :ernae:

Dangerous Beans
December 26th, 2009, 07:19

http://www.7-zip.org/

Hurricane91
December 26th, 2009, 07:19
I use WINRAR ....you are supposed to register it as shareware after so many days use but it keeps on working regardless....and no spam!

Thank you Tako_Kichi. I will it a try.

Quixoticish
December 26th, 2009, 08:27
Fantastic stuff! Is there a repaint kit available for it?

Hurricane91
December 26th, 2009, 08:31
A very nice airplane. Thank you Mr. Richardson.

Z-AZ1USN
December 26th, 2009, 08:53
Nice plane however, as you can see it's a nightfighter (black).
The ozzie version is fine but where is the green color sides for the
Brit version? I'm using FSX with Accel.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cfpnqb.jpg

shackleton_boy
December 26th, 2009, 09:00
cool! single engine shackleton :jump:

DennyA
December 26th, 2009, 11:24
"The one without the gannet? They've all the got the gannet! It's a standard British bird!"

"Well, I don't like them. They wet their nests."

Downloading now -- can't wait to check it out!

Z-AZ1USN
December 26th, 2009, 11:33
Finally, no totally black plane. Making a trap....

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r5xnkp.jpg

bobmay
December 26th, 2009, 12:15
There is no email address in the read_me so I'd like to use this forum to thank Robert Richardson for the beautifully modeled and beautifully painted model of the Gannet.

Bob.

calypsos
December 26th, 2009, 13:06
I am not sure Robert is a member here, but he does post at the Classic British Flight Sim forum. I have been watching progress there on the Gannet for some time.

A really nice model:medals:, but possible a little 'lively' in the handling department!

Seaking055
December 26th, 2009, 14:30

There's a great freeware program called Izarc, it unpacks everything, been using it for some time now.

Hope that helps.

robcarrich
December 26th, 2009, 16:00
Thank you for all the positive remarks I really enjoyed making the Gannet and I hope you all enjoy flying her, as to the lively handling, all the accounts I have read do say that it was a very responsive aircraft to fly, I hope I have'nt overdone it.

Thanks again
Rob Richardson

DaveKDEN
December 26th, 2009, 16:29
Very very nice indeed!!! Very much like a Piglet model - in nature of design and quality of work.

Roger
December 26th, 2009, 16:31
Thank you for all the positive remarks I really enjoyed making the Gannet and I hope you all enjoy flying her, as to the lively handling, all the accounts I have read do say that it was a very responsive aircraft to fly, I hope I have'nt overdone it.

Thanks again
Rob Richardson

Many thanks for a great model Rob:applause:
She is responsive and by all acounts she should be.

Regards,

Roger.

peter12213
December 26th, 2009, 18:02
YESSSSSSSS, black eyed peas comman!!!!!!!!!!!!11 MERRY XMAS!!!!!!!!!

mjrhealth
December 27th, 2009, 02:51
Just had first fligght, perfet landing on clemencaue, and she flipped sideways, i assume it may be a contact point issue or my landing wanst that good. Any one for a test.

Cheers

Seaking055
December 27th, 2009, 05:10
Would any of the paint gurus out there be willing to paint up this beauty as a COD ?
There's a pic of a COD on this link, 14th pic down with the number 3 on the nose.
On the Ark she was the most welcome sight, once she came so stuffed with mail it was in the other two cockpits.

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/gannet/pictures.php

robcarrich
December 27th, 2009, 05:25
Would any of the paint gurus out there be willing to paint up this beauty as a COD ?
There's a pic of a COD on this link, 14th pic down with the number 3 on the nose.
On the Ark she was the most welcome sight, once she came so stuffed with mail it was in the other two cockpits.

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/gannet/pictures.php

COD on the way, it could be a few weeks! Now changed to zip format over at CBFs.

Rob Richardson

Seaking055
December 27th, 2009, 05:38
COD on the way, it could be a few weeks! Now changed to zip format over at CBFs.

Rob Richardson

Many thanks Rob, this was the paint scheme I was after.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Navy/Fairey-Gannet-COD4/0521945/L/

Quixoticish
December 27th, 2009, 05:58
What a fantastic addon. Will you be doing an AEW as well when the COD is complete to round off the set, and is there any chance of a repaint kit in the future?

robcarrich
December 27th, 2009, 06:16
Thanks for that but the AEW is not on list at the moment Chris, I hope to get a paint kit done at some point.Thank you for the link SeaKing.

Rob

filbzl
December 27th, 2009, 08:07
Will there be the Gannet also for the FS2004?

Hans-Peter

robcarrich
December 27th, 2009, 12:35
Will there be the Gannet also for the FS2004?

Hans-Peter

Sorry Hans-Peter,
That is not possible with this model as it has been compiled with XtoMdl which is only compatible with FSX.

Rob

Henry
December 27th, 2009, 15:33
all i get is a fatal error:isadizzy:
no download
H

joanvalley
December 27th, 2009, 17:54
all i get is a fatal error:isadizzy:
no download
H

me 2

Jose

viking3
December 27th, 2009, 20:15
Have tried to download 10 times now. Closest I got was 19.3 Mb out out 23 yesterday. Will keep trying as I love the weird and wonderful and the Gannet certainly qualifies in that department.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

robcarrich
December 28th, 2009, 00:25
Sorry about the probs, I have been using "winrar" but It's now a zip file and should be OK for downloading, hope you enjoy the model!

Regards
Rob Richardson

jeansy
December 28th, 2009, 00:43
rob ive heard many people are having problems downloading from the server at CBFS and this isnt the first time either

is it possible for you to upload your file here or avsim as well ?

Henry
December 28th, 2009, 05:48
i just got it
going through the front door and not the link
thanks
H

Henry
December 28th, 2009, 06:34
well invalid file:isadizzy:
H

Henry
December 28th, 2009, 06:39
fixed it with winrar
H

robcarrich
December 28th, 2009, 09:26
rob ive heard many people are having problems downloading from the server at CBFS and this isnt the first time either

is it possible for you to upload your file here or avsim as well ?

Hi Matt, thanks for your interest in the Gannet and for those fantastic screen shots! I have had a lot of help and encouragement from the guys at CBFs and I feel I owe them a certain amount of loyalty so I'll stick with things as they are at the moment, I think most people who want the file get it eventually.
Thanks again for downloading it and for taking the time to post the shots and for your positive comments.

Regards
Rob Richardson

youngharry
December 29th, 2009, 20:48
How does the rear cockpit open?

robcarrich
December 29th, 2009, 23:42
How does the rear cockpit open?

Shift/e for front cockpits
Shift/e then 2 for rear cockpit
Shift/e then 3 for pilot steps

It's in the readme along with a few other things.

Rob

youngharry
December 30th, 2009, 01:51
Yes, I know but only shift /e seems to work.

calypsos
December 30th, 2009, 06:01
I know it does not help, but can I just clarify 'Classic British Files' where the Gannet is hosted is not part of the CBFS as such. It was set up by one of members to host British based FS files. Actual CBFS files are in the Library section (via the front door) of CBFS. It is home to Rick P's, Dave G's and our other (afaliated) designers work only.

Robert, pop her up to FS.com (use a zip!) and Avsim in time for the coming long weekend, work like this deserves to be given the maximum coverage. You should not feel any great loyalty, if it restricting the use of all your hard work.

Henry
December 30th, 2009, 07:43
all i an say is

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/20094.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/20092.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/20093.jpg

H

robcarrich
December 30th, 2009, 11:51
Hey! Canadian Gannet, I LIKE that!
Really Great shots! I can't believe it's my Gannet!
I am working on a COD (VIP taxi and mail carrier) version at the moment.
Thanks very much H for those it feels very good to see my work displayed here!

Best Regards
Rob Richardson

robcarrich
December 30th, 2009, 12:25
I know it does not help, but can I just clarify 'Classic British Files' where the Gannet is hosted is not part of the CBFS as such. It was set up by one of members to host British based FS files. Actual CBFS files are in the Library section (via the front door) of CBFS. It is home to Rick P's, Dave G's and our other (afaliated) designers work only.

Robert, pop her up to FS.com (use a zip!) and Avsim in time for the coming long weekend, work like this deserves to be given the maximum coverage. You should not feel any great loyalty, if it restricting the use of all your hard work.

Thanks for that Trev,
Food for thought.
I did in fact get quite a bit of help from the guys at CBFS both Dave G and Rick were very helpful and gave me some excellent tips, Dave B recomended to me the Midland Air Museum for Gannet info, thank you to them.
Don't think I'm ready yet to go mainstream though.

Rob

Henry
December 31st, 2009, 05:59
Hey! Canadian Gannet, I LIKE that!
Really Great shots! I can't believe it's my Gannet!
I am working on a COD (VIP taxi and mail carrier) version at the moment.
Thanks very much H for those it feels very good to see my work displayed here!

Best Regards
Rob Richardson
Thank You without the gannet it would just be a sky pic:icon_lol:

Thanks for that Trev,
Food for thought.
I did in fact get quite a bit of help from the guys at CBFS both Dave G and Rick were very helpful and gave me some excellent tips, Dave B recomended to me the Midland Air Museum for Gannet info, thank you to them.

Rob
I agree with helping friends that help you:applause:
and i have always had a fondness for the gannet:salute:
H

peter12213
December 31st, 2009, 17:50
Same here Henry, I've always just loved that aircraft and what a good job has been done on this medel, very happy here!
Also looking forward to seeing what paints may arise for her!

youngharry
December 31st, 2009, 19:40
I may not have mentioned this before but I used to ride in Gannets during my Navy days. Before the epicyclic gearing became a problem, they were beautiful aircraft and Rob's classic is up there with the best of them.

Willy
December 31st, 2009, 19:54
Bloody shame that there's not a FS9 version. But it's on my list should I ever get a comp that will handle FSX.

robcarrich
January 1st, 2010, 03:06
Hi All, and thank you for the comments.
Sorry that there is no fs9 version but once you start down that "FSX acceleration" road there's no turning back, it only works in that sim.
I have just posted a new model over at Classic British Files to fix a few texture issues and with a new airfile to stop the creep forward on zero throttle, it also includes the missing smoke effect.

Regards
Rob

youngharry
January 2nd, 2010, 19:36
Shift/e for front cockpits
Shift/e then 2 for rear cockpit
Shift/e then 3 for pilot steps

It's in the readme along with a few other things.

Rob

Hey Rob; I need help.
Is there anything special I need to do to get Shift/e +2 and 3 to work?
Everything else is just perfect and while these functions are not necessary for me to enjoy the aircraft, my Gannet engineering background is saying there must be an answer.
Thanks for the memories.
Ron Smith.

robcarrich
January 4th, 2010, 07:40
Hey Rob; I need help.
Is there anything special I need to do to get Shift/e +2 and 3 to work?
Everything else is just perfect and while these functions are not necessary for me to enjoy the aircraft, my Gannet engineering background is saying there must be an answer.
Thanks for the memories.
Ron Smith.
Hello Ron,
They certainly should work OK, if I press Shift/e then as front canopies start to open I press 2 then the back canopy opens or 3 for the steps, I don't understand why this is not happening for you!
Could it be anything to do with "F Lock" or "Caps Lock", these must be off.
Should have the COD version out in a day or two I hope you'll try that, if that does the same I'll dig deeper into the problem.
Thanks for downloading the Gannet, it's good to hear from a "real" Gannet man.

Rob Richardson

calypsos
January 4th, 2010, 07:54
Hi Rob, great a COD version too!

Re my comments about her being lively, I think what I really meant was a tad unstable in the pitch and roll department. She seems like she has been at the 'pussers rum' and had a tot too many!

seawing
January 4th, 2010, 09:28
First of all, Rob, let me congratulate you for this great, great airplane!!!! I have been waiting for a Gannet in MSFS for years - and I mean a descent one!! Well, this is it!!
Even greater that you are just finishing the COD, so I can finally replanish my Ark Royal (presently underway in the Indian Ocean ;-)!!
Will you also publish a AS.4 - probably only some minor tweaks to the engine settings required and a T.2/T.5??
Do you have a paintkit available? I would love to do a German Navy repaint, as I am currently flying for the 2nd sqdn of NAW3 which used to operate the Gannets in Germany about 50 years ago.

I have some minor issues for the current model as well.
1. I recognized that when shutting down one engine in flight it appears that both props are linked to the #1 propeller control and so I have either feathered both or none. Both of which is not really realistic. Is this a problem on my side, maybe?
2. I have some problems getting the rockets, tanks and torpedoes on and of of the plane. Sometimes it works more or less as described in the Read-Me, but the weight section apparently only acts on the rockets and tanks, while the torpedoes seem to be linked to the fuel section. Again a problem on my side?

Maybe you can give me a hint!?

Again, a really great aircraft! Many thanks!

Cheers!!

youngharry
January 4th, 2010, 19:09
Hello Ron,
They certainly should work OK, if I press Shift/e then as front canopies start to open I press 2 then the back canopy opens or 3 for the steps, I don't understand why this is not happening for you!
Should have the COD version out in a day or two I hope you'll try that, if that does the same I'll dig deeper into the problem.

Rob Richardson
Many thanks Rob, not only for the Gannet but also the Venom.
In fact, I wouldn't mind betting most of the old Australian Fleet Air Arm blokes would have a bit to say too.

Ron.

robcarrich
January 4th, 2010, 22:12
First of all, Rob, let me congratulate you for this great, great airplane!!!! I have been waiting for a Gannet in MSFS for years - and I mean a descent one!! Well, this is it!!
Even greater that you are just finishing the COD, so I can finally replanish my Ark Royal (presently underway in the Indian Ocean ;-)!!
Will you also publish a AS.4 - probably only some minor tweaks to the engine settings required and a T.2/T.5??
Do you have a paintkit available? I would love to do a German Navy repaint, as I am currently flying for the 2nd sqdn of NAW3 which used to operate the Gannets in Germany about 50 years ago.

I have some minor issues for the current model as well.
1. I recognized that when shutting down one engine in flight it appears that both props are linked to the #1 propeller control and so I have either feathered both or none. Both of which is not really realistic. Is this a problem on my side, maybe?
2. I have some problems getting the rockets, tanks and torpedoes on and of of the plane. Sometimes it works more or less as described in the Read-Me, but the weight section apparently only acts on the rockets and tanks, while the torpedoes seem to be linked to the fuel section. Again a problem on my side?

Maybe you can give me a hint!?

Again, a really great aircraft! Many thanks!

Cheers!!

Hi seawing,
Shutting down one engine and feathering that prop turned out to be a much more complicated process than expected and is something even I have not really worked out but it can be done with some practice, FSX has it's limitations!
The visibility of the rockets and the external tanks is controlled only by the fuel in those tanks (81gals)
The visibility of the torpedos is controlled only by adding or subtracting their own weight 630lbs each ( all in the fuel and payload section ingame )

Rob

Rich
January 6th, 2010, 20:09
The COD version by Rob was released 2 days ago, bit surprised no one picked up on it, nice model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/RichRuscoe/GannetCOD1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/RichRuscoe/GannetCOD2.jpg

robcarrich
January 6th, 2010, 22:19
Thanks very much for that Rich,
Weather looks better there than it is here in the UK!

Rob

Rich
January 6th, 2010, 22:23
Rob around 30c most days now, often more, bit dull today so only 28, nice model, thanks

Thanks very much for that Rich,
Weather looks better there than it is here in the UK!

Rob

robcarrich
January 7th, 2010, 00:38
Rub it in, why don't you, It was definitely a three dog night here last night!

Rob

Seaking055
January 7th, 2010, 04:57
The COD version by Rob was released 2 days ago, bit surprised no one picked up on it, nice model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/RichRuscoe/GannetCOD1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/RichRuscoe/GannetCOD2.jpg
Rich, where is the COD to be downloaded from ? I admit I missed this release.

robcarrich
January 7th, 2010, 05:35
http://classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=162&func=fileinfo&id=1624

You can pick it here SeaKing (above) along with latest Gannet AS1 (below)

http://classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=162&func=fileinfo&id=1620

Rob

seawing
January 7th, 2010, 07:44
Hi Rob,

thanks again! I just downloaded the COD version! Great!
Well, one thing comes up to my mind here. As far as I know only the very early AS.1 versions and the trainers T.2 and T.5 had the portholes in the rear cockpit. Maybe you can close them. Look here:
http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/sea/gannet/gannet-11.jpg

Best regards,

Markus

peter12213
January 7th, 2010, 08:36
Sorry to get off topic but is there an Aicarriers config for the Ark Royal?

seawing
January 7th, 2010, 10:02
Hi Peter12213,

you could add for instance these lines to your Aicarriers config file:

[formation.XX]
title=HMS Ark Royal
unit.0=Ark_Royal, 0, 0

Replace the XX with the next number available in your file. Also chack weather the Ark Royal folder contains a sim.cfg file. If not create a new one. You can take another ships' sim.cfg file as a sample!

Cheers!

Dexdoggy
January 7th, 2010, 13:19
This beautiful Gannet is the ugliest Fairy (Fairey!) you will ever meet! (well, there was this bloke in that club at... never mind!)

And a Gannet in RAN colours - awesome! :applause::applause::applause:

Seaking055
January 8th, 2010, 04:33
Thanks for the links, got it now.

Cazzie
January 8th, 2010, 05:41

Tako, I have the opaid version of WinRAR, but 7-Zip is free and it will unzip .rar compressed files as well as zip compression. .

Caz

http://www.7-zip.org/

Cazzie
January 8th, 2010, 05:43
Hi Rob,

thanks again! I just downloaded the COD version! Great!
Well, one thing comes up to my mind here. As far as I know only the very early AS.1 versions and the trainers T.2 and T.5 had the portholes in the rear cockpit. Maybe you can close them. Look here:
http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/sea/gannet/gannet-11.jpg

Best regards,

Markus

If they have an Alpha, simply white it out and paint out the portholes ion the main textures. If the portholes are not keyed to the model file, this should work.

Caz

peter12213
January 8th, 2010, 06:10
Thanks Seawing!:salute:

seawing
January 10th, 2010, 02:39
Just a question, Rob. Did you change the elevator trim settings or the AP functions on the latest version of the AS.1? It appears it doesn't hold level properly on AP anymore with one engine shut down.

Cheers!

robcarrich
January 10th, 2010, 13:04
No changes in the AP department SeaWing.

Rob

Rich
January 10th, 2010, 22:02
Rob, hope you will not mind my offering my Flight Dynamics for your Gannet AS1, anyone who tries it will be a extention to my 2 beta testers, please let me know what you think of it

Rich

calypsos
January 10th, 2010, 22:59
As someone who has tried the modified file above, I urge you to DL it!

You will be able to trim her for 'hands off' flying and still have the correct performance figures. IMHO it makes this very good model something a bit special. Congrats to both modellers.

Rich
January 10th, 2010, 23:33
Trev, just to clarify this is not a modification of Robs FD, it is a modification of the one I did for Mr Ito's Gannet when it first came out and was susequently modified again to port that Gannet into FSX then again modified to fit Rob's very nice model.

calypsos
January 11th, 2010, 05:15
Ah, sorry my fault! It still flies like I feel a Gannet should though:applause: and the model is much better than the old 2002/2004 Ito model.

Hanimichal
January 11th, 2010, 06:58
Rob, hope you will not mind my offering my Flight Dynamics for your Gannet AS1, anyone who tries it will be a extention to my 2 beta testers, please let me know what you think of it

Rich

I use the original with this modifications to have more stability:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

empty_weight= 16000.00000 //14569.00000--------------mod----------
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar =1.00000
parasite_drag_scalar =1.00000
induced_drag_scalar =1.00000

elevator_effectiveness =0.35000 //1.00000----------mod---------
aileron_effectiveness =0.95000 //1.00000-----------mod---------
rudder_effectiveness =1.00000

pitch_stability =2.00000
roll_stability =1.00000
yaw_stability =2.00000

elevator_trim_effectiveness =3.00000 //1.00000-----------mod---------
aileron_trim_effectiveness =5.00000 //1.00000-----------mod---------
rudder_trim_effectiveness=5.00000 //1.00000-----------mod---------

hi_alpha_on_yaw=1.00000
p_factor_on_yaw=1.00000
torque_on_roll=1.00000

gyro_precession_on_roll=1.00000
gyro_precession_on_yaw=1.00000
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.00000

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[contact_points]
static_pitch= 3.260
static_cg_height= 6.728
gear_system_type=0
max_number_of_points=7
tailwheel_lock=0
// 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

point.0= 1, 14.200, 0.000, -8.400, 3575, 0, 1.000, 40.000, 0.050, 0.200, 0.100, 5.000, 5.000, 0
point.1= 1, -4.112, -9.400, -6.490, 3575, 1, 1.400, 0.000, 0.370, 1.689, 0.837, 5.000, 5.000, 2
point.2= 1, -4.112, 9.400, -6.490, 3575, 2, 1.400, 0.000, 0.370, 1.689, 0.837, 5.000, 5.000, 2

//-------------mod----------new-contact-points------------------
point.3= 1, 10.112, -11.400, -7.490, 0, 0, 1.400, 0.000, 0.370, 1.689, 0.837, 1.000, 1.000, 0
point.4= 1, 10.112, 11.400, -7.490, 0, 0, 1.400, 0.000, 0.370, 1.689, 0.837, 1.000, 1.000, 0
//----------------------------------------------------------------

point.5= 2, 2.083, -27.083, 2.083, 2476, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 5
point.6= 2, 2.083, 27.083, 2.083, 2476, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 6
point.7= 2, -25.750, 0.000, -1.333, 2476, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 9
point.8= 2, 11.250, 0.000, 0.000, 2476, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 4

Rich
January 11th, 2010, 20:29
seawing, a couple of shots of the Gannet flying on autopilot as I have it, each engine stopped in turn, No1 engine the rear prop does visualy feather but No2 refuses.

Autothrottle set for 140 kts TAS, IAS is 137, altitude set for 1500 ft, it will happily trundle along at that maybe even slower.

1st pic No2 stopped no visual feather 2nd No1 stopped with visual feather, not sure why No2 refuses.

CG_1976
January 11th, 2010, 20:52
Pardon me but were do i find the Canadian one please.

Rich
January 11th, 2010, 21:07
The Canadian what if paint is on Flightsim.com do a search for Gannet and it should be top of the page

CG_1976
January 11th, 2010, 21:17
The Canadian what if paint is on Flightsim.com do a search for Gannet and it should be top of the page

Thank you and found it and DL. Now whats the simpilied way to get her to show say rockets?

calypsos
January 12th, 2010, 05:07
Once more my DL from Classic British Files is a waste of time:sleep::sleep::sleep:, it completes at about 10% or there abouts!

Please upload the COD version to another site like FS.com or here, your models will reach a much bigger audience, Rob!!

I know I should complain there, but I just cannot face having to join another forum to be told 'You are the only one having problems'...which may be the case!!!

Rich
January 12th, 2010, 17:34
Trev, just did a test download on the COD it worked fine and extracted ok from the zip, download time 3 min 32 sec for 19 mb, could there be a problem with your ISP ?

calypsos
January 13th, 2010, 00:18
Hi Rich, I do have a crap ISP, but downloads from FS.com and here (Avsim just will not give me anything at all!!!!) are perfect.

CBF seems to terminate (complete....not!!!)the DL as soon as there is a minute pause at my end. Today I got 20%, better than yesterday when it was 10%. Because of the way the page operates, I cannot use a DL manager (with re-start) either.

I still cannot think why (if you spend thousands of hours of work) a developer will stick to a small host site, where it is hard to find. I could not ger the AS1 either, but plenty of others had trouble with that one too!

peter12213
January 14th, 2010, 11:56
A few shots of this magnificent aircraft!!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9374/201018171146921.png

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7551/201018171225234.png

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1926/201018164547593.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5885/201011420748546.png

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5985/201011420271187.png

Just about to try the new FD's too so thanks for those! :salute:

Pete!

peter12213
January 14th, 2010, 12:04
I Love to get this a Wyvern and say 2 Scimitars in Diamond formation for a shot, it would look great even if not strictly accurate lol!

noddy
January 15th, 2010, 04:27
I Love to get this a Wyvern and say 2 Scimitars in Diamond formation for a shot, it would look great even if not strictly accurate lol!

And make a little room for a Bucc as well.

peter12213
January 15th, 2010, 09:37
Ahh yeah mate, can't wait for that flying stations Bucc too its one of my favourite aircraft of all time!

seawing
January 15th, 2010, 13:01
seawing, a couple of shots of the Gannet flying on autopilot as I have it, each engine stopped in turn, No1 engine the rear prop does visualy feather but No2 refuses.

Autothrottle set for 140 kts TAS, IAS is 137, altitude set for 1500 ft, it will happily trundle along at that maybe even slower.

1st pic No2 stopped no visual feather 2nd No1 stopped with visual feather, not sure why No2 refuses.

Thanks a lot! I don't know why mine went slowly down on AP despite been flown at around 160 KIAS. It worked out fine on the first release, though. I will try again and see whether the fault was in me handling the AP incorrect. :isadizzy:

Cheers!

Rich
January 15th, 2010, 15:13
seawing, those shots were done using my flight dynamics not with the set that came with the model

seaking055a
January 16th, 2010, 05:18
Rob, been flying the COD she's a real beaut and brings back some memories. Is there going to be a paint kit some time in the future, would love to have a go at painting her in the Ark's scheme.

seawing
January 16th, 2010, 06:57
seawing, those shots were done using my flight dynamics not with the set that came with the model

Roger that! I tried the originals again yesterday and it worked relatively well with #1 engine shut down and feathered. But even with both engines running, the AP could not maintain the ALT under around 175 KIAS. I will try your FDs!

Cheers!

seawing
January 18th, 2010, 22:34
Hi Rob,

I hope you don't mind, but I have very slightly modified your COD's main.dds texture. It turns out that the flag on the starboard side must be turned around and both flags have two red dots each, as the symbol of the commander of the United Kingdom Maritime Forces (COMUKMARFOR) , who is a two star or Rear Admiral.

Seawing

youngharry
January 24th, 2010, 19:00
Hello Ron,

Rob Richardson
"No Go" with the steps or the rear canopy, Rob and as previously stated, it does not detract from the experience at all.
I just wonder if anyone else has this problem or is it only me?

HighGround22
January 25th, 2010, 18:21
Regarding the canadian paint job:

I noted the black and gold chevrons, which were the Squadron decals for VS-880 Anti-Submarine Squadron, based out of Shearwater, Nova Scotia.

At the time -- mid Fifties, as I recall -- the Royal Canadian Navy was looking to replace its aged TBM Avenger ASW variants, and they were flying-off the two final contenders, the Fairey Gannet and the Grumman S2F "Stoof".

The Stoof won, and even though I knew it was a better ASW platform to be operating from our Canadian carrier, I'd always carried a bit of a torch for the less-than-lovely Gannet. But now I can vicariously fly it!

Btw: at the time, I was one of the "GIB's" (Guys In the Back), aka "Back-Seat Drivers". The pilots flew the plane and commanded the tactics, while we operated all the ASW detection and localization gear. Great fun -- especially flying off the carriers!

Quixoticish
January 26th, 2010, 05:36
Thanks for that but the AEW is not on list at the moment Chris, I hope to get a paint kit done at some point.Thank you for the link SeaKing.

Rob

Hi Rob. Sorry to pester you but did you ever manage to get the repaint kit sorted?

CG_1976
January 26th, 2010, 14:34
Regarding the canadian paint job:

I noted the black and gold chevrons, which were the Squadron decals for VS-880 Anti-Submarine Squadron, based out of Shearwater, Nova Scotia.

At the time -- mid Fifties, as I recall -- the Royal Canadian Navy was looking to replace its aged TBM Avenger ASW variants, and they were flying-off the two final contenders, the Fairey Gannet and the Grumman S2F "Stoof".

The Stoof won, and even though I knew it was a better ASW platform to be operating from our Canadian carrier, I'd always carried a bit of a torch for the less-than-lovely Gannet. But now I can vicariously fly it!

Btw: at the time, I was one of the "GIB's" (Guys In the Back), aka "Back-Seat Drivers". The pilots flew the plane and commanded the tactics, while we operated all the ASW detection and localization gear. Great fun -- especially flying off the carriers!

Say you wouldnt happen to know a good source of info on the RCN Carrier would you by chance?

HighGround22
January 26th, 2010, 18:46
Say you wouldnt happen to know a good source of info on the RCN Carrier would you by chance?Yeah to be specific, Canada had three of them: HMCS Warrior, HMCS Magnificent and HMCS Bonaventure. "Bonnie", the last to be made into pots, pans and razor blades was the one I mainly flew from, as well as a number of American ASW carriers of the era.

Well, for a quick start, have a boo at the Shearwater Aviation Museum's Website. Click on Facilities, then Gift Shop, then under the menu, Books. The ultimate reference is The Bonnie Book.

http://www.shearwateraviationmuseum.ns.ca/

peter12213
January 27th, 2010, 03:59
I've noticed theres some new repaints for the COD up at flightsim.com, they look nice, I'm at work at the moment so havent had a chance to try them yet but I will tonight and I'll post some screenies!
Here ...
gannetcodnt4.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=143095)

FSX Fairey Gannet COD.4 And T.4. Six repaints for Rob Richardson's Fairey Gannet COD.4. Three COD's, from Ark, Vic, and the original FOAC texture repainted in the proper RAF blue-grey, matched to the XTRA-Color RAF blue-grey, but lightened to look right, as the color looks too dark in FS compared to photos. One T.4 from Lossie in silver/dayglo, still on the US register as N751WT. Two fictional skins, one COD 'what if' in a scheme usually seen on SAR Wessex's 'what if' Canadian 'Flag Ship' VS-880 machine, inspired by a profile by Damien Burke.

Henry
January 27th, 2010, 06:29
I've noticed theres some new repaints for the COD up at flightsim.com, they look nice, I'm at work at the moment so havent had a chance to try them yet but I will tonight and I'll post some screenies!
Here ...
gannetcodnt4.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=143095)

FSX Fairey Gannet COD.4 And T.4. Six repaints for Rob Richardson's Fairey Gannet COD.4. Three COD's, from Ark, Vic, and the original FOAC texture repainted in the proper RAF blue-grey, matched to the XTRA-Color RAF blue-grey, but lightened to look right, as the color looks too dark in FS compared to photos. One T.4 from Lossie in silver/dayglo, still on the US register as N751WT. Two fictional skins, one COD 'what if' in a scheme usually seen on SAR Wessex's 'what if' Canadian 'Flag Ship' VS-880 machine, inspired by a profile by Damien Burke.
yup got them resterday and great they are
H

Seaking055
January 27th, 2010, 12:41
The very thing I was hoping for, thanks for the H'sU, on my way to get 'em now.

peter12213
January 27th, 2010, 13:56
No problem guys :salute:

Rich
January 29th, 2010, 22:35
seawing, did you try my FD, on the originals 185 kts TAS was the slowest I could get it to fly and maintain alt on 1 engine on auto pilot.

Roger that! I tried the originals again yesterday and it worked relatively well with #1 engine shut down and feathered. But even with both engines running, the AP could not maintain the ALT under around 175 KIAS. I will try your FDs!

Cheers!

peter12213
February 4th, 2010, 12:45
New paints found at flightsim, German and FAA, just to let you guys know!
:salute:

Henry
February 4th, 2010, 12:49
and he has made a new texture folder for the main textures
cool
H