PDA

View Full Version : HU: Bell 210 released on Hovercontrol and Avsim

euroastar350
December 25th, 2009, 23:17
Once both libraries are refreshed and updated, they should appear. Enjoy:ernae:

aeromed202
December 26th, 2009, 04:53
It's up at AVSIM, not yet at HC. Impressive work as always. One question though, is there a way to blur the main rotors or is my machine not processing fast enough?

MCDesigns
December 26th, 2009, 05:09
It's up at AVSIM, not yet at HC. Impressive work as always. One question though, is there a way to blur the main rotors or is my machine not processing fast enough?

Pretty sure that is due to the technique nobu (at HC) started with using the individual blades instead of a blurred rotor disc. Some liked the effect and used it also, like in this release. Myself, I prefer the rotor disc. Maybe George can clarify.

Despite that it's obvious George has put alot of work into this package, congrats on the release! Hope you eventually do some work for FSX, I like your mods.

aeromed202
December 26th, 2009, 05:13
Congrats indeed, I just noticed the animated crew! Looks like the bar just went up a notch :salute:

OleBoy
December 26th, 2009, 07:45
Read a lot of posts and watched the development.

Heading off to Avsim. Must give this a ring out.

Merry Christmas George :ernae:

Flyboy208
December 26th, 2009, 07:56
Thanks so much ! Mike :salute:

OleBoy
December 26th, 2009, 09:20
Can someone give assistance as to how to use the glass cockpit. I'm lost in what I have to do.

I know. I have the read me right in front of me. I still can figure it out :kilroy:

Tom Clayton
December 26th, 2009, 09:41
Link: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=142044

I don't usually have much luck with flying eggbeaters, but I'll have to give this one a shot.

Tom Clayton
December 26th, 2009, 10:24
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the RPM's up on this thing without getting into a different helo first and getting it running before switching back. Like most other helo's, it's purdy to look at, but I'll take my wings bolted into place, thank you!:isadizzy:

Terry
December 26th, 2009, 10:40
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the RPM's up on this thing without getting into a different helo first and getting it running before switching back. Like most other helo's, it's purdy to look at, but I'll take my wings bolted into place, thank you!:isadizzy:

Tom,

If you go to the drop down view instruments menu and open collective, you can start the engines and increase rpms from there. I haven't found any other way to do it. I wish the collective controls on the VC worked but one only needs do it once per flight.

Felixthreeone
December 26th, 2009, 11:20
Cool! Thanks for this one!! :ernae:

Tom Clayton
December 26th, 2009, 16:02
I can get the rotors turning, but they won't build up any RPM no matter how gradually I raise the collective. I also can't figure out how to get the generators or avionics online. I added fuel, battery, and avionics switches to my Westland Wessex, and I know how to gradually add power to that one to get the fire fully lit, but the same method won't work with the Bell - at least not for me.

Edit: Even the keyboard shortcuts for the generators and avionics don't work.

euroastar350
December 26th, 2009, 16:13
Tom,

A trick, load the default Cessna 172 anywhere you want..but don't shut it down. Then switch to the Bell 210 and you'll have full rotor rpm, bring up the overhead panel (Shift+5) and turn on the invertors which inturn are the avionics, bring up the radios (Shift+2) to turn on all the radios

Tom Clayton
December 26th, 2009, 16:19
Thanks - I'll give that a try next time I fire up the Sim. I'd still like to figure out how to get the rotor up to speed without having to cheat though...

Wing_Z
December 26th, 2009, 16:28
Yeah...I don't mind <CTRL>-E and off we go, but if you're in there fighting with invertors and other obscure switch settings, you may as well be able to get the revs up in the VC.
I think I got lost in the twin-engine panel...this is just a Huey isn't it?

Flyboy208
December 26th, 2009, 17:41
Brilliant work! Thanks again! Mike :ernae:

aeromed202
December 26th, 2009, 19:01
Y'know I think it may be time to share a little light effect I've been messing with for a time. It is my closest approximation to a rotating red beacon that is, or was, a staple on these helos and many other aircraft, and these fine works of art deserve it.
I have never been happy with it enough to post but seeing it on this model I think I will throw it out there for kicks. Besides I don't know enough about light cfgs to do much more with it. It is actually two files, a weak steady red and a slow red strobe that, if squinting a little, together are pretty convincing. Check the uploads in a bit.

Tom Clayton
December 26th, 2009, 19:23
You should be able to combine all of the emmiters into one file. If you want, zip what you have and attach it here and I'll see if they can be combined.

aeromed202
December 26th, 2009, 20:19
Just did Tom. I am still learning about FX editing so anything you can do is fine by me. I thought some might want to try just one of the two files for personal preference. I noticed that different models displayed the same effect in different intensities so it was hard to pick values that worked for the most and some really looked bad with both effects going.

Tom Clayton
December 26th, 2009, 20:48
Go ahead and attach them here and I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, has anyone been able to get the RPM up enough to fly from a cold start??? I can get the systems online now, but I'm still grounded.

euroastar350
December 26th, 2009, 21:19
Tom,

Have you tried using the collective panel? It has shortcuts to increase/decrease engine/rotor rpm. Let me know if you still have problems.

paul day
December 26th, 2009, 23:49
Is it me but in the Bell_210 pack there is a SAR model but there is no repaint for that model?

Regards Paul Day.

euroastar350
December 27th, 2009, 03:39
Paul,

Everything is all configured and is put into place when you run the installer, double check to see if all the texture folders are in there correct places, also check the aircraft configuration file just in case something is out of whack.

Terry
December 27th, 2009, 04:23
These three controls are all I have needed to get her from a cold start to flyable. I give 5% throttle then startup. Turn on inverter. Raise throttle to 100%. When RPMs are up its ready to fly. I don't know if this is technically correct, but it works.

aeromed202
December 27th, 2009, 04:31
I think this was said already but if you get something else up and flying, save that flight as default, then re-start the sim, then switch to the 210 that has often worked in the past. The only other things that come to mind are enough fuel and once I figured out that swapping out a .air installer file cured a no-start problem. But that was an issue going from a CFS2 model to FS2004, not the case here.

Tom Clayton
December 27th, 2009, 05:16
I get the rotors turning and the 100% on the collective (Ctrl+Shift+F4), but no matter how gradually I raise the collective (throttle lever), it won't fly. The only thing that happens is the rotor speed dies off.

Terry
December 27th, 2009, 05:29
Although I can get it started and fly it, I cannot see through the whirlwind model windows from the outside, they are completely black. The other models seem okay.

Z-claudius24
December 27th, 2009, 05:57
Hi,

Fly this chopper with no probs ...

My default flight is the default FS2004 Cessna 182 ready for take off (all ON)

http://i50.tinypic.com/2py74n9.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/14v39qf.jpg

I shift to the chopper ....

http://i50.tinypic.com/5s02p.jpg

I put ON (was OFF) all in the white circle (s) .... here

http://i50.tinypic.com/iz1fua.jpg

And there

http://i50.tinypic.com/ddjfwo.jpg

I fly !

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ds48k6.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/belga2004/SpecialNOEL/xsgs_9039.gif

r678idtyj
December 27th, 2009, 06:39
That is one hell of a package, those skins in particular are so detailed! :applause:

No trouble flying it (it's pretty much like the 212, minus 1 engine) but it seems the glass cockpit gauges are missing from the release. These references in the panel.cfg:

gauge22=F1CheltonEFIS!PFD, 477,140,224,192
gauge23=F1CheltonEFIS!ND, 477,330,224,193
gauge24=112a!avinit, 503,297,1
gauge25=112a!112a_pi, 0,0,1

call gauges that are nowhere to be found. :kilroy:

Z-claudius24
December 27th, 2009, 06:53
Hi,

The gauges you describe for the glass cockpit are missing and this is normal if you don't have a certain payware aircraft installed in FS2004
This is noticed in a remark in the Readme !!

Also included are the configuration files for the glass cockpit versions. WARNING! You must have a licensed copy of the Flight 1 Commander 112A package installed to use the Chelton glass cockpit gauges, the product can be purchased at the Flight 1 website (http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=112a).

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/belga2004/SpecialNOEL/XMAS_GS005.gif

r678idtyj
December 27th, 2009, 07:01
That'll teach me to ****.....once more! :kilroy: :blind:

Z-claudius24
December 27th, 2009, 07:04
Hi,

Indeed ...
Notice ... if you want to use the glass cockpit .. this new Bell 210 is no more a freeware .. but instead .. a half freeware .. or a half payware...
Make your choice :)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/belga2004/SpecialNOEL/xmas_kt060.gif

Lazerbeak
December 27th, 2009, 16:29
Ahh, this this is beautiful! I've been wanting one of these for the longest time, and this one is a great gift! And with Japanese paints too, I'm grateful!

Maybe I missed this info, so I apologise if it was clarified before, but will there be a layered paint-kit? I am dying to paint this helo!

euroastar350
December 27th, 2009, 16:58
Yes there will be a paintkit. I have a set of masters right now, but I am (hoping) having the interior textures being done as a paintkit as well

OleBoy
December 27th, 2009, 17:46
Paintkit = nice George :)

Mick
December 28th, 2009, 07:44
Well, so much for "Not to be uploaded to other websites at all...PERIOD!!!"

Your initial post said it would be at Hovercontrol and AvSim, so I suppose that meant other sites than those two.

It's been at Simviation since yesterday.

I recall a while back when David and I released a plane and indicated that it should not be posted anywhere but FlightSim and SOH. When SimV listed it, we wrote and asked them to remove it, and their initial response was rather belligerent, though they finally did remove it.

Wild Bill Kelso
December 28th, 2009, 08:01
@ Mick:
Please forgive my perhaps silly question, but:
What's wrong with simviation?

Do you mind their "first class - faster download" policy?
(if so, I could comprehend your point of view...)

Cheers,
Markus.

Mick
December 28th, 2009, 08:21
@ Mick:
Please forgive my perhaps silly question, but:
What's wrong with simviation?...Markus.

Some time ago (a couple years ago, I think) I landed on SimV's home page and a dialog box popped; it said that in order to view the content of this page I MUST download a certain software item. I forget exactly what it was, but it purported to be something we're all familiar with, and that we all know is harmless.

I moved my mouse over the "No" button and before I could click on it, my security suite went nuts with multiple alarms.

When I checked the logs I saw that the page had attempted a drive-by download of a particularly nasty piece of malware.

I wrote to SimV and complained, thinking that they must be unaware of what one of their advertisers was doing. I got no response, and the offending item wasn't removed from their site for weeks.

I don't suppose that the admins of SimV deliberately attempted to infect my computer with malware, but there can be no doubt that they knew one of their advertisers was trying to do it, since I told them about it, and they allowed the situation to continue.

Ever since then I've kept SimV on my list of prohibited sites for redistribution.

Wild Bill Kelso
December 28th, 2009, 09:14
Thanks, Mick!
Now I see... :angryfir:

That's even "better" to understand your ban.

Sunny9850
December 28th, 2009, 19:20
My Saitek quadrants mixture controls rpm on the Bell but I always keep the prop levers full forward in it as well. No problems with the RPM here.

But I do find the fact that you can't do a cold start with this or the other Bells from HC rather annoying to be honest. It's always that GEN switch that seems to throw a wrench into the gears.

Loading a running C-172 works but there has to be a better way or indeed a fix for this goofy generator issue.

Visually the thing is beautiful and for once the tail rotor can actually "spin" the chopper around the rotor mast like a real one and not do that funny wabble that most other FS choppers do.

Stefan

euroastar350
December 28th, 2009, 21:09
For next year, I plan on doing version 2 models of the 210 and 212...each with specific interiors and cockpit setups. The models I released now are just teasers of what I plan on doing.

BTW...I uploaded the 210 to SimV as I have no problems with the site. I like a wide audience:mixedsmi:

euroastar350
January 7th, 2010, 09:39
Heads up guys...update for the Bell 210 has been uploaded to Hovercontrol and Avsim. Once they are updated, get yourself a copy. Fixed some visuals and added new pilot textures courtesy of William Dyer and Robert Finnegan. Delete original install and install the new update.

Flyboy208
January 7th, 2010, 15:21
It's up @ Avsim now ... bell_210.zip

Thanks for the update! Mike :applause:

Z-claudius24
January 7th, 2010, 16:28
Hi,

:ernae:

Corsair 14F
January 10th, 2010, 03:05
Many thanks Euroastar, a great model that is likely to attract loads of repaints especially for military variants I would hope... for us still using FS9 this is would be great news.
Any chance of having a more "military" model developped at some point either "slick" with M60 on each side or gunship? (hint hint...):mixedsmi::mixedsmi::mixedsmi:

Thank you so much anyway!:applause:

Corsair

sctybdy
January 15th, 2010, 18:37
Just so you guys know,
Many of the repaints on the 210 are interchangable with Jordan Moore's Bell 412 and 212. Aside from having to make a couple of minor changes with a couple of the textures, it works great. Happy Flying. I love this thing.

Wild Bill Kelso
January 16th, 2010, 07:14
The models I released now are just teasers of what I plan on doing.

I hope there will be a "short nose" version too!
I'd love to roll this one into my paint shack:

euroastar350
January 16th, 2010, 16:00
You mean this:wiggle:

Flyboy208
January 16th, 2010, 18:48
You mean this:wiggle:

Awesome !!! Mike :applause::salute:

Wild Bill Kelso
January 17th, 2010, 00:52
Here we go! :applause:

I'll be patient...