PDA

View Full Version : help with RXp 530 and Realair Duke

clmooring
December 25th, 2009, 19:32
I just purchased the RXP 530 for FSX. I use Windows XP and have the service packs applied.

I purchased it primarily for use in the Duke. I have the unit running, but I cant get the click and drag feature to work like it does with the other Duke knobs and switches.

I did initially configure the for the duke through the RXP configure utility. Then I used the realair panel config tool. I see their manual says the Realair utility should over right the RXP settings so not to worry.

I even downloaded the update from the RXP site just to make sure that I had the latest software.

Plus I have switched back to the FSX gps and then back to the RXP unit using the Realair panel config utility.

any ideas?

Thanks
Chuck

bkeske
December 25th, 2009, 20:07
I believe, looking at my Duke configuration utility (I also have and use the RXP unit), that the ''click and drag' option is only applicable for the default FSX GPS unit (as labeled in the RealAir config utility). The rest of your radios and instrumentation should be able to be selected/set-up as desired.

RXP units have never had the 'click and drag' option, only 'left and right' click. In all honesty, I actually prefer that method while flying, especially with TrackIR.

bpieke
December 25th, 2009, 22:09
Try using the mouse wheel on the RXP units, that works quite well, I find.

Bert

bkeske
December 26th, 2009, 10:53
Yep, very true Bert, forgot about that feature.

clmooring
December 26th, 2009, 11:03
Thanks for the responses.

I must say though that when I read the Realair documentation and look at the Realair panel config utility, it looks like their click and drag should work.

One more question, when you use the 530 to switch between gps and nav, does the gps/nav toggle switch on the panel automatically change? It doesnt on mine. I dont think it is necessary to switch the panel toggle switch; correct?

bkeske
December 26th, 2009, 13:05
Simply us the GPS unit to switch from gps/nav.

Once the RXP Garmin unit is istalled in most any plane, any additional panel switch becomes inactive. Many times you will see them visually change when switching at the GPS unit, to be quite honest, I didn't even remember if it does on the Duke, or not, as I've become accustomed to using the GNS unit itself.

The RealAir manual does not address the RXP units at all, so that may be your confusion lies. When the upgrade to utilize the RXP units came out, the duke configuration utility was also changed to provide various lay-out options, But the utility clearly states that the 'dragging option' only works for the FSX GPS unit. As Bert said, you do have the option of using the scroll wheel to change the frequencies, which is actually the most realistic option IMO.

RealAir really did an incredible job modifying their panel configuration tool for us RXP users. I cannot thank them enough for for their work in this regards.

clmooring
December 26th, 2009, 14:11
my mistake. the RA flying guide talks about the 3d knobs rotating when "clicked on". I guess I mis-interpreted that to mean click and drag. Because the RA panel config does let you to pick between click and drag and right and left click.