PDA

View Full Version : Rookie help Please

HouseHobbit
December 25th, 2009, 18:43
I just recieved FSX for Christmas.. I have never had any dealings with this Flight Sim..
I have always been a CFS3 kind of Guy.. And have experience with this.. My question is after I load this, I also recieved a Bunch of DVD's with scenery and effects.. It there a How-to here to walk me through all of this??
ANY advice on loading and setting up will be very welcomed..
Thank You
HouseHobbit

harleyman
December 25th, 2009, 19:05
Ok First things first..

Defragg your HDD.( you have a good defragger)?

Install FSX...

Load a flight , fly a minute ...shut down FSX defragg again

Now then What version FSX do you have? Gold? With Acceleration?

That will dictate what you do next...

OK Now lets have your system specs ...That will tell us how to begin to set up FSX

HouseHobbit
December 25th, 2009, 20:07
Hello harley man..
I have done a defrag, I do then often along with disk Clean up and Use BC wipe also.. I am running XP SP3, with a 3.066 gig dual core P-4, it is et up to run as a single core..It reads as two 3.06 and a 3.07 prosessers.. I Have a asus 8400 512 video card and 3 gig DDR 2 Ram a Sound Blaster 32 bit sound card Legesty or something lke that..I am not sure the motherboard bus speed, I can check that out also if need be..

I haven't loaded FSX yet, i have two hard drives and I was planning to load it into My (G) hard drive Not the (C) hard drive..The (G) hard drive is a 200 gig 10,000 rpm drive..It is empty..
The FSX I have doesn't say Gold edition on it's box.. Just a Gold X on the label..
I haven't even opened it yet..LOL..LOL..The Box says 15 gig of space needed is all, for the basic set up , correct???

Oh, I ve been riding a Harley since 1984.. And will do so until.. I can no longer mount my ride.. Many Years from now.. GOD Willing..
I sold my first harley after 8 years and 89,000 miles on it.. I don't want think of the miles on this one..

CG_1976
December 25th, 2009, 20:22
Sounds like you have gold edition
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/fsx-gold-pack.jpg

HouseHobbit
December 25th, 2009, 20:38
Yes that's the one.. Thank You..Now that i took the time to read it..LOL..LOL..
:salute: