PDA

View Full Version : MaddogK- SrG's Holiday adventure

MaddogK
December 24th, 2009, 13:10
The flight out to Seymore has been completed, duenna crashed but here's a screenie of the flight analysis. The citation X is a dream to fly but takes some work to get her up to 50K ft. Landed on vapors, but guests are here so while the crew fuels up the chopper, I'm gonna eat and make merry.

t/o time- 10:52:15
Land time 16:53:06
I make it about 3250 miles

MaddogK
December 26th, 2009, 08:20
Scientists rescued, as they load up the Citation with their gear I'm gonna get some breakfast (and other fun things with the wife)
;)

MaddogK
December 26th, 2009, 18:25
Citation X down safely with the white coats @ MM1H

MaddogK
December 26th, 2009, 19:11
Down safely at MX85, passengers safe but lost starboard oil pressure (and engine) about 10 miles after takeoff. Since tires are all shot up, and engine is toast it's not a big loss- except for the insurance company (22 mil and change). The federales were kind enough to lend us their copter while they chase the hijackers, but the passengers gear wont fit in the chopper.

Whaaaaaa !!!

Least I kept a bottle of bubbly and caviar for the flight crew (and Dr. Nancy)
;)

MaddogK
December 26th, 2009, 19:55
Down with the overloaded copter at MMEP, but I get the feeling they want me to go back for their gear. It's gonna cost them EXTRA !!!

MaddogK
December 27th, 2009, 10:39
Seems to be my luck lately- flying back to Monterrey in the DC-7B making GREAT time, ran the right main tank dry with 300 miles to go, and no fuel tank selector found in Cal-Classics panel. Going to try limping the 'Evening Star' home on 2 engines, then beat the crap outta the FE for not installing a working fuel panel on this bird.

srgalahad
December 27th, 2009, 10:53
something makes me look at MK's signature again...

MaddogK
December 27th, 2009, 11:03
DOH !! Tank valves on the pedestal, I wonder why they put a fuel icon on the NO's panel ??
Anyway got the right engines restarted, but less than a hundred miles to go it's a costly lesson learned. Least I know she can fly on 2 engines if need be.

MaddogK
December 27th, 2009, 11:38
Back in Monterrey !!! The whitecoats are thrilled they lived, the aquarium's bookkeepers are happy it only cost them 4250 gallons of fuel, and the insurance company is happy they recovered a semi complete Citation X.

Now me and Dr. Nancy are gonna finish off this champaign before the wife tracks me down for my paycheck.

:ernae: