PDA

View Full Version : Fort Langley Beta

falcon409
December 24th, 2009, 06:58
Ok, I have this to a point where I'd like to get maybe three or four testers to check this out for me. This scenery is different from the others I've done because of the proximity of the airport to water. It sits right on the Fraser River that flows inland from Vancouver Int'l., and McMillan Island sits across from the airport to the north. The problem, in FSX, is that there seems to be several elevations along that stretch of the River from the western to eastern tips of the Island. I have done a flatten to bring the water level and the airport a bit more into sync, but I want to know what that flatten does with other setups.

I run FSX SP2/Accel, with GEX and UTX active as well. I don't have any other addon mesh or scenery in that area, so for someone who does, this might be a good test of how it interacts with other addons.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a link to download the zipfile (13meg).

falcon409
December 24th, 2009, 12:17
:bump::bump: Anyone?

THibben
December 24th, 2009, 12:44
I sent you a PM

Tom

NoNewMessages
December 24th, 2009, 12:45
Oh darn, since you're "SOH staff" I'll volunteer. Me even gots some mesh to mess things up. I have UTX (duh!), but it's turned off when I'm in developement mode, so it can be either way.

Still putting the pieces back together after the mobo died a week ago. Reinstalls are so much fun...:isadizzy:

falcon409
December 24th, 2009, 13:35
I sent you a PM
Tom
Got it, thanks Tom

GaryGB
December 26th, 2009, 07:12
Hi Ed:

I just got back in town, and would be glad to test your Beta of Ft. Langley if you'd care to send me a PM here ! :engel016:

The initial screenies looked good, and this should be another fun airport to fly at (...a fine addition to a great scenery area for bush pilots) ! :cool:

GaryGB

falcon409
December 26th, 2009, 07:43
Hi Gary,
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the materials to you today. My granddaughter is here now and her main focus is "Club Penguin", lol. She and her friend take over both my computers and will probably be here til tomorrow.
Earliest may be tomorrow evening sometime probably.

I've got three others looking it over and feedback ranges from "it looks pretty good so far" to "nothing seems to be working at all", lol. That's what I was looking for really. . .people with no addons at all to ones who have a fair amount of local mesh, scenery and texture addons.

If I can get about 30 minutes or so somewhere in between the Penguins, I'll try to get everything to you. Thanks for checking in Gary!!:salute:

GaryGB
December 26th, 2009, 09:29
OK Ed, no rush; I'll check in again this afternoon and tomorrow to see if your PM shows up here at SOH.

Have a great day ! :wavey:

GaryGB