PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Alphasim F-105 for FSX?

1970LT1
December 24th, 2009, 06:19
Anybody have this? What do you guys think? Any screenies to take a look at? The shots at Alphasim aren't really doing it for me.

Thanks.

LT1

VCN-1
December 24th, 2009, 06:27
IMHO opinion it is a good effort. The FDE was approved by a former F-105 pilot with combat experience. He was a member here at one time; thudpilot.
It is not to often that you get that involvement from an experienced pilot.

A good job was done on the nozzle animations. If you follow thudpilots instructions it will take off and land as he outlines. I really like it and there are several repaints available.

VCN-1

PRB
December 24th, 2009, 06:37
I like it. Don't try to fly around the pattern with a full load of gas. As soon as you try to turn, she'll swap ends!

tigisfat
December 24th, 2009, 12:54
It's beautiful and sounds great, but that thudpilot must be nuts. This aircraft is very hard to land in a crosswind and defies common sense. The old century series fighters are notorious for biting careless pilots, but this is too much. The guy insisted it be this way. Other than that, it's great.

deathfromafar
December 24th, 2009, 13:22
Thudpilot flew those in Nam. Hat's off to him!

The model looks great. As far as the FDE, I have no problem pushing it around so long as it's kept in envelope numbers. In fact, I have an aerobatic display card for it in FS. Also, my airfile isn't the stock version. It is actually tweaked more and significantly more difficult to handle than the stock airfile!

"Flying brick... I like that. more"<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">