PDA

View Full Version : A2A FS9 P-51 to FSX ?

Cleartheprop
December 23rd, 2009, 06:24
Hello there,
I have a silly question. I purchased the "Wings of POWER: P51D/H "Mustang" in august 2008 (FS9).
Now that I am not using FS9 anymore, I'd like to use this beauty in my FSX. Is it possible to install it in FSX ? If YES, How ?
I tried to install it but it doesnt seem to work.
I managed to install the Spitfire and the BF109 (both from A2A) in FSX without any problem....
thanks for your help!

jankees
December 23rd, 2009, 06:43
The D/H model will not work in FSX, for that you'll need the WWII fighters or WoPII version ( link (http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/solo/p51/)).
They are working on a new, improved version however, so you may want to be patient.

IanHenry
December 23rd, 2009, 07:39
Hi Mirage,
I think the update
http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofpower/update/wop2_p51_fsx_fix.zip

does work for the download version as well as the "Fighter pack" one.
From what I can gather they are both the same. Try it!

Regards,
Ian.

IanP
December 23rd, 2009, 08:07
The D/H model is Wings of Power, not Wings of Power II (World War II Fighters), Ian. The FSX patch only works with the WoP2/WW2F version, not the original one.

Cleartheprop
December 23rd, 2009, 10:53
The D/H model is Wings of Power, not Wings of Power II (World War II Fighters), Ian. The FSX patch only works with the WoP2/WW2F version, not the original one.

Thank you all! thats why I cannot even install the P-51 into FSX (it says my FS9 is corrupted!!! :isadizzy:
I will wait for the next A2A version and I think I am gonna get the WBS P-51 as well.
It seems to be worth the (big) money...
thanks! :running:

jankees
December 23rd, 2009, 11:59
get the A2A wop3 P-47 first (with accusim)....light years ahead, and cheaper too!

Cleartheprop
December 23rd, 2009, 12:24
I got the A2A P-47 for FS9. It was nice and beautiful but maybe a little bit underpowered and heavy for what I like to do with these kind of aircrafts...

I am a P-51 lover. I bought the excellent A2A P51D/H for FS9 (but doesnt work for FSX).

I got the FSX Flight1 P-51 recently but I am still looking for a better P-51. (I tried to practice spins with this P-51 and it ended up with something unrealistic every time. Try the spin with the RealAir Spitfire and you'll see what can be achieved in FSX). and BTW, the I am not fond of the textures either.
I understand the WBS mustang is a good add-on. (I mean more realistic regarding system and maybe flight dynamics). But I have not tried it nor have I read any FSX reviews about it....:blind:
I recently got the pilot manuals of the P-51 B/C/III and I would like to try and fly the WBS "by the book".
I'll certainely try this one in a while...:rolleyes:

Snaker
December 23rd, 2009, 13:38
You can port it over but the only way to do it is to move the files manually from your fs9 install. In other words you still need an fs9 installed aircraft to copy files from. At least that is the way I did it. You will also need the vc rain files called fs9vcrain available at the fsinsider site. Otherwise your windshield will turn a solid color when it is raining. There are a couple of other minor texture fixes availabe at the a2a forums.

The only other issue is that the prop allows scenery to be seen through it when viewed from the outside (this is a known issue with port overs in fsx SP2).

The p-47 also ports over well with the exception of the prop issue. I believe there is a file list on the a2a forums which tells you which files you need to copy to fsx.

-hth