PDA

View Full Version : Laptop volume control issue

Slund
December 22nd, 2009, 20:15
I've googled this one for the past 30 minutes and have turned up nothing. For the past few months I've been having a strange rudder control issue in FSX. Occasionally the rudders will deflect full left and stay that way, I have to reload the aircraft to fix the problem. I discovered tonight that the volume control wheel on my Alienware M17 laptop operated the rudder or rudder trim in FSX:isadizzy: I thought, well maybe I accidently assigned that axis in FSUIPC? I double checked both FSUIPC and the FSX control assignments and the scroll wheel isn't even recognized by either one? Any ideas on how to fix this, it's not as simple as just not adjusting the volume in FSX because I don't even have to touch the volume control for the issue to appear. Thank's guys.

Edit: I just tried the axis logging option in FSUIPC and nothing is registered when I use the volume control to adjust the pedals, so FSUIPC isn't seeing the axis. I tried it a couple of times just so I could be sure that I had disabled the joystick controls in FSX as well.

harleyman
December 23rd, 2009, 00:23
My daughters boyfriend also has had problems with his volume control on his Alienware and WOW (World of Warcraft)

He uses no fsuips ...

I messed with it till I was blue in the face...

A system restore corrected the problem, as it appeared software related on his..But I never did figure out what was going on

PS You can first try and delete your sound drivers, and redownload and install them from their site again and see if it helps...