PDA

View Full Version : Where are my ships... where's my millions ofmoney?

Chacha
December 22nd, 2009, 19:28
What have I done?

I have not been playing for three weeks, work deprives me from doing so... we are on the year end so, very hectic schedule for me....

My daughter is off to school, she is a handfull, she baked two cakes today for tomorrow....

We went to her concert earlier this evening, I am so tired I need a break.....

I turn my X3 and I did not find my previous game, where? I have a few ships and a few billion dollars... I have been robbed... Eeeeks :isadizzy:

I turned it off and turned it back on again... no where to be found.... :pop4:

I need your help, someone hid it? I have to find it bad.... :running:

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2009, 20:48
Hey Eli,

Go through your saves and look for the most recent save where you were actually playing. I think you accidentally went to a save point that was far back..

Happened to me once. Luckily I found my save point from a station dock and had everything back again... eeks..

Bill

harleyman
December 23rd, 2009, 02:16
Hope that you now have them back Eli .

gigabyte
December 23rd, 2009, 03:23
This could be serious loosing the X3 Saves can be Melt Down Material... the first thing I would do is check the Continue option and see if the list of Saves is there if so you may just be picking the wrong save game, scroll up and down and look at the info for each. I do find it is sometimes easier to load any save them go to the Load Save inside the game that gives a little more information than the main load screen. If there is nothing in the Save Game list you may have somehow deleted the saves (if you run something like CCleaner it might have done ti by accident), check your deleted Items folder to make sure they did not get deleted. The folder that holds the save games is normally - C:\Users\Gigabyte\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save (the drive letter and first part \users\gigabyte, etc will be different on each system) and the save files are named "X01.sav, X02.save etc...if they are not in that Ergosoft\X3TC\Save folder they were moved or deleted somehow, you can try a search of the main drive and look for *.sav to see where they might be hiding, then copy then back if you find them.

Best of luck and if all else fails send me a PM and I can cheat you up a save game with the ships you want and approx the amount of credits you had.

Chacha
December 23rd, 2009, 07:15
This could be serious loosing the X3 Saves can be Melt Down Material... the first thing I would do is check the Continue option and see if the list of Saves is there if so you may just be picking the wrong save game, scroll up and down and look at the info for each. I do find it is sometimes easier to load any save them go to the Load Save inside the game that gives a little more information than the main load screen. If there is nothing in the Save Game list you may have somehow deleted the saves (if you run something like CCleaner it might have done ti by accident), check your deleted Items folder to make sure they did not get deleted. The folder that holds the save games is normally - C:\Users\Gigabyte\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save (the drive letter and first part \users\gigabyte, etc will be different on each system) and the save files are named "X01.sav, X02.save etc...if they are not in that Ergosoft\X3TC\Save folder they were moved or deleted somehow, you can try a search of the main drive and look for *.sav to see where they might be hiding, then copy then back if you find them.

Best of luck and if all else fails send me a PM and I can cheat you up a save game with the ships you want and approx the amount of credits you had.

Thanks Mike,

You are very helpful... I FOUND IT! :applause:

I thought someone stole my money and ships and factories... :isadizzy:

Thank you, thank you!

GT182
December 23rd, 2009, 12:24
Chacha, try this..... Every so often copy your saves to a save folder that is dated with that days date for your last save. It has to be named differently from the default save folder in My Documents/Ergosoft. Then you can always go back and pull them out if need be. I've done it a few times and it's saved me from losing all or even a part of my saves.... for both X3R and X3TC.

Lionheart
December 23rd, 2009, 13:30
Remember this, the save files are huge and the reason is that they have all the tons of various other ships doing their routines, etc. Everything in the game that was going is saved.

Pretty cool how it works..

Bill

Chacha
December 23rd, 2009, 13:41
Chacha, try this..... Every so often copy your saves to a save folder that is dated with that days date for your last save. It has to be named differently from the default save folder in My Documents/Ergosoft. Then you can always go back and pull them out if need be. I've done it a few times and it's saved me from losing all or even a part of my saves.... for both X3R and X3TC.

Yes, Gary...

That is so cool... Now I can see all my ships, money and territory ... He he he :icon_lol:

Thanks for all your help ....:ernae:

harleyman
December 23rd, 2009, 14:54
Thanks Mike,

You are very helpful... I FOUND IT! :applause:

I thought someone stole my money and ships and factories... :isadizzy:

Thank you, thank you!

You give me one little opportunity gal , and they are all MINE MUAHHHHH

gigabyte
December 23rd, 2009, 17:53
Remember this, the save files are huge and the reason is that they have all the tons of various other ships doing their routines, etc. Everything in the game that was going is saved.

Pretty cool how it works..

Bill

I should post this in the Tips section and perhaps I will expand it and do just that... (note to self create Cheat Sheet for Synctoy...)

OK here is a tip for all X3 fans and any gamer who may be interested, M$ created a neat little utility called Synctoy ... and if you can believe this it is a FREEBIE :) :) :) Now it was developed to make it easy to Sync Media with a Zune or MP3 player etc. HOWEVER it works very well as a general backup utility. The cool thing is when you set it up you create Sync PAirs, - just any folder (such as the X3 Saves folder) and a new seperate Synced folder (best on a seperate drive or removable device but can be anywhere) then run the Sync command, the utility will copy all files from the original folder to the Sync folder the first run, then each time after that it will only copy changes, so it will be quick to run anytime after the first run. I am using it for some of my important stuff like backing up my Personal Doc, and pictures to a fireproof external hard drive, and I have added a new sync to backup my X3 saves, just one click (well OK 3 in total...) and I have any changes updated, takes seconds.

The current version is 2.1 which was just released in late Nov, and it works with XP, Vista and Win 7.

Here is the link and if anyone tries this and has issues let me know I have been using it for a couple years and can probably help.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C26EFA36-98E0-4EE9-A7C5-98D0592D8C52&displaylang=en

Lionheart
December 24th, 2009, 00:50
I should post this in the Tips section and perhaps I will expand it and do just that... (note to self create Cheat Sheet for Synctoy...)

OK here is a tip for all X3 fans and any gamer who may be interested, M$ created a neat little utility called Synctoy ... and if you can believe this it is a FREEBIE :) :) :) Now it was developed to make it easy to Sync Media with a Zune or MP3 player etc. HOWEVER it works very well as a general backup utility. The cool thing is when you set it up you create Sync PAirs, - just any folder (such as the X3 Saves folder) and a new seperate Synced folder (best on a seperate drive or removable device but can be anywhere) then run the Sync command, the utility will copy all files from the original folder to the Sync folder the first run, then each time after that it will only copy changes, so it will be quick to run anytime after the first run. I am using it for some of my important stuff like backing up my Personal Doc, and pictures to a fireproof external hard drive, and I have added a new sync to backup my X3 saves, just one click (well OK 3 in total...) and I have any changes updated, takes seconds.

The current version is 2.1 which was just released in late Nov, and it works with XP, Vista and Win 7.

Here is the link and if anyone tries this and has issues let me know I have been using it for a couple years and can probably help.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C26EFA36-98E0-4EE9-A7C5-98D0592D8C52&displaylang=en

A thousand thanks Mike! This is really great information. I have wanted a good Sync program tool for ages now.

EDIT: Note that this is for Windows 64 and Windows 86 systems. I am going to see if the 64 version works in WinXP 32bit.
EDIT2: Would not install. Failed to install Framework 2.0 components. Retrying didnt do anything. Oh well..

Bill

gigabyte
December 24th, 2009, 01:06
A thousand thanks Mike! This is really great information. I have wanted a good Sync program tool for ages now.

EDIT: Note that this is for Windows 64 and Windows 86 systems. I am going to see if the 64 version works in WinXP 32bit.
EDIT2: Would not install. Failed to install Framework 2.0 components. Retrying didnt do anything. Oh well..

Bill

Bill did you try the 32 bit version? I am using that in XP Mode which I have running under my Windows 7 /64. You also might try downloading the Framework 2.0 components in 32 bit installing them first and then try installing the 32 bit version I believe the installer checks and only tries to install it complonents if they are not alreay installed.