PDA

View Full Version : please can anyone help??

OGUGoose
December 22nd, 2009, 17:49
First of all .. Hi all :wavey:

I came upon this forum through a frustrating search on the world wide interwebs for a solution to my very frustrating problem .. I hope maybe someone has found a solution !

I installed an old copy of CFS3 i found while clearing out my shed ... i love this game and played it often ... never online though ;p

the game ran perfectly although i had to alt tab out to set the affinity to 1 cpu to solve the stutter problem i had .... game played perfectly and many a happy hour was spent.

I then updated my GFX drivers for my ATI Radeon HD4770 and the game loads to the main screen where you see an airplane in front of the hanger .. then crashes to desktop .

i have tried re-installing the game 5 times now ... i tried the windows 7 install fix all of the different ways .... im at the end of my tether right about now ....

i really dont fancy the idea of rolling back my GFX driver if ican possibly help it .. so any help would be most appreciated

thanks in advance

Goose

MajorMagee
December 22nd, 2009, 19:34
Try finding your game.xml file and edit the last line to:

ShowUIWorld="false"/>

MajorMagee
December 22nd, 2009, 19:38
The other thing that sometimes drops me back to the desktop is if the weapons load-out gets buggered, and once I can set that back to a clean state I'm fine. :salute:

OGUGoose
December 23rd, 2009, 04:09
Try finding your game.xml file and edit the last line to:

ShowUIWorld="false"/>

sir you ar a genius ... many many thanks