PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft US Cities X Chicago is out!

Gdavis101
December 22nd, 2009, 15:49
Looks like its out, thinking pretty seriously about this one.

dhl1986
December 22nd, 2009, 15:55
Has Aerosoft figured out how to make scenery addons that don't turn FSX into a slideshow yet?

dswo
December 23rd, 2009, 05:24
I lived on the South Side for six years while I was in grad school. Am curious to see what, if anything, they were able to do with Hyde Park (do they have a U-boat parked outside of the science museum?) and what kind of framerates are possible if you turn off/down traffic.

BOOM
December 23rd, 2009, 07:12
Hey dswo,I live in Chicago.The U505 Exhibit went under a Massive renovation a few yrs back,She's inside now!! Check this amazing time lapse vid.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUuQIpVuhCg

I really hope this addon is more FPS friendly than some of their other releases,I bought Indianappolis when it came out and it brought my pc to it's knees!! I'm also curious if it's compatable with FSDT's KORD?

JamesChams
December 23rd, 2009, 08:49
Hey dswo,I live in Chicago.The U505 Exhibit went under a Massive renovation a few yrs back,She's inside now!! Check this amazing time lapse vid.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUuQIpVuhCg

I really hope this addon is more FPS friendly than some of their other releases,I bought Indianappolis when it came out and it brought my pc to it's knees!! I'm also curious if it's compatable with FSDT's KORD?
That was a quick release! :pop4: and, at the price of US$ 18.49, that's a pretty nice deal. And, Mr. Kok did tell me that it is FSDT KORD compatible, in his post HERE (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=30506&view=findpost&p=196513).

Also, Nice video; really like the engineering that went into making that happen. :salute:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

big-mike
December 24th, 2009, 09:20
First----a merry xmass to all!
One question,at Meigs i have no traffic.
I know,that this lovely little airport is closed,but when it`s there allready in FSX,it would be nice,to see starting and landing aircrafts.
Is anyone able,to create a little traffic file for Meigs Field?
Thank you.
Michael

robcap
January 2nd, 2010, 11:11
Well, I bought it, and I love it. It's relatively cheap, and it brings me back to the early days of FS, when I took off from Meigs and landed at O'Hare:kilroy:
The new Spire building can be disabled.

And it's not a slideshow. My PC is 2 years old, I'm happy with it.

Compatability with FSDT KORD (according to the manual)

FSDreamteam Chicago O’Hare:
Here it’s the other way around: To avoid airport buildings being displayed twice, US Cities X – Chicago needs to be below FSDreamteam’s O’Hare in your scenery library! This is usually done automatically by our installer provided it can find an installed version of FSDreamteam’s O’Hare. Important: While writing this manual (Dec 2009) there is no new version of FSDreamteam’s O’Hare available, which inclludes the latest modernizations at this airport (see airport chapter in this manual), meaning: As soon as you install FSDreamteam’s O’Hare you will loose the new runway and runway extension!
R.

Panther_99FS
January 2nd, 2010, 11:13
Is that Meigs Field that I see :ques: :applause:

robcap
January 2nd, 2010, 11:42
Is that Meigs Field that I see :ques: :applause:Yup:jump:

Dain Arns
January 2nd, 2010, 12:40
Is that Meigs Field that I see :ques: :applause:

They did it to honor the memory of Meigs being the default starting location for so many previous versions of Flight Sim.
And to save about an additional 80mb of photoscenery tiles. :wavey:

(And ITHO, to reverse the actions of a certain mayor who made an extremely poor decision against aviation back in 2003, which I agree with IMHO.
But that comment would be political in nature and I really didn't post it, just thought it. See, it's in parenthesis. :icon_lol: )

Includes the option to add The Spire if you want.

Nick C
January 2nd, 2010, 14:39
Hey Rob, what water textures are you using there? Because Chicago is situated next to 'inland water', all I could get from FSX was a green hue, no matter what set I tried!

robcap
January 3rd, 2010, 02:00
Hey Rob, what water textures are you using there? Because Chicago is situated next to 'inland water', all I could get from FSX was a green hue, no matter what set I tried!Probably caused by FS Water Configurator.

R.

colihamp
January 3rd, 2010, 06:58
What is that tall silver/blue tower (on the left on the first of robcap's shots)?

icycle
January 3rd, 2010, 07:49
That is the (proposed) "Chicago Spire".

IF ever completed, at 150 floors & over 2,000 ft, one of, if not THE, tallest building in the world. With the global recession, the construction site has been dormant for over a year.

Bill

colihamp
January 3rd, 2010, 08:19
Thanks Bill,

Had a day walking around Chicago in August on the way back from KOSH - great city. Not sure I'd do enough [FSX] flying in this area to justify getting this one, but it looks a nice product.

dswo
January 3rd, 2010, 09:42
Had a day walking around Chicago in August on the way back from KOSH - great city. Not sure I'd do enough [FSX] flying in this area to justify getting this one, but it looks a nice product.

If you're visiting the city, I've found that it's worth taking a boat tour: great way to see of the city's architecture.

Gibbage
January 4th, 2010, 17:01
Wow that brings back memories of FS95. Taking off in a 152 and trying to make it over Sears Tower... Also the blimp over the football field! :applause: The textures on the side of the stadium look bad though.