PDA

View Full Version : hsfx 4.1

BigDog
December 22nd, 2009, 12:51
I have the digital version of 1946 ( 408 ) and have the patch 409, i have the HSFX4.1 on top of that but I don`t see any new planes or maps or anything new from 409, what about the switcher it keeps talking about. What have I done wrong and what do I need to do to get it working, thanks in advance . Greg

eddie
December 22nd, 2009, 13:33
Well, it sounds like you have it installed correctly, but it doesn't sound like you have used the Jonesoft mod enabler. It comes with the install, and should be located in your IL46 main folder.

Go here, and scroll down until they show how to enable the mods. You want to enable the HSFX History mod first, then all those ac and maps will be available for you to use.

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1780

BigDog
December 23rd, 2009, 06:21
don`t have the jonesoft mod enabler I have looked every where for it, I reinstalled 1946 and 409 and the small patch because I have the digital download and the hsfx 4.1 all works but no mod enabler, what now and where can I just download that from. Thanks Greg

eddie
December 25th, 2009, 08:18
When you installed HSFX, the mod enabler was installed too. Open your main IL46 folder, and look in the lower right corner, you will see a yellow icon, named JSGME. Right click on it, and create a shortcut. Cut and paste that onto your desktop.

Then, run it. On the leftside, you will see the list of mods to enable. Lets just start with the HSFX History mod, which should be activated first. Click on that name, when you do, in the middle of that window, you will see a single arrow pointing to the right. Click on that arrow, and after a few moments, the mod will show up on the rightside window, it is now activated. Click on the "Close" button, after it closes, just start IL46, and you should have all the ac and maps available.

Once you see it up and running ok, you can shut down IL46, open the JSGME again, and add in other mods. Look inside your main IL46 folder, there are readme's in there explaining what the other mods are for. But the History mod has to be activated first, always, then add in the others.

Eddie

tenspeed
December 27th, 2009, 10:31
Did you install HSFX 4.0 after 409 and before 4.1?

GT182
December 31st, 2009, 06:51
BigDog, here you go..... http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

This is what we use for SilentHunter III and IV. Works greast for other sims too that will work with it. Enjoy.

BigDog
January 1st, 2010, 16:08
thanks for all you help, I didn`t install 4.0 after 409 and instead put just 4.1, I did a clean install of 408 download then 409 and the download patch and then 4.0 and then 4.1, looks great plays great, the sim is alot better.:applause: