PDA

View Full Version : Mice, Dust Bunnies, and Sweet Finger Freedom!

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2009, 12:27
Oh.... and Apples..

If you are the owner of a Mac computer and use the Mighty Mouse, the one with the super small rubber ball bearing web browser knobby that can scroll pages at fast rates as the ball bearing is faster then a large wheel, then.... You must know what its like to clean these..

One trick that doesnt require disassembly, is the old Paper trick. Take a clean piece of copy paper, lay it down on the desk, disconnect your Mouse and hold it upside down with the knobby on the paper. Now act like you are drawing some large circles on the paper, and do this fairly fast. This 'should' get rid of bits of lint or dust build up that has formed in your MM. Look for trails of bits of lint as you are doing this.

Its a quick fix, and works for a while, but cannot clean it all out, so then you will need to do surgery. This entails cutting open your mouse at the lower ring with an exacto at the various glue points, then taking it apart and cleaning out the bits within.

I finally found out how to do this today via a YouTube movie and man, it feels good to have my MM back. I found some very compressed little cakes of dustbunny body parts in there.. Runs brilliant now.

Bill

Ap-Kt_9k3ME

stiz
December 22nd, 2009, 12:40
*looks at his cheap mouse with scroll wheel which works fine and hasnt needed to be cleaned in about 2 years*

:173go1:

:engel016:

Chacha
December 22nd, 2009, 12:41
Looks easy to disassemble and assemble back, huh?

Thanks for sharing,

(I could not even figure out how to install my HDs :isadizzy:)

harleyman
December 22nd, 2009, 14:30
Looks easy to disassemble and assemble back, huh?

Thanks for sharing,

(I could not even figure out how to install my HDs :isadizzy:)

You mean your memory??/

AND young lady..You could have called me for that....:mixedsmi:

Chacha
December 22nd, 2009, 14:36
I did not want to bother....

It was really really late when I did have a chance to have a time to do it...

Right now, I have to baby sit Hannah, we went to the park, and to her concert this evening, and tomorrow she doesn't have school-again, I am helping her bake a cake...

If she is around me, my time revolves around her, that I guess what is mom is all about! But it is ok, I enjoy her...

I will holler if I need help! :running:

Lionheart,

Sorry I hijacked your thread again.... ;)