PDA

View Full Version : TFR shuts down Oahu air traffic for 2 weeks

Helldiver
December 22nd, 2009, 12:11
Sorry Henry, I never disagree with you about anything but in this case I do. The fact that the offending party happens to be a politican or a powerful business man or whoever, the effects are the same. To impose this TFR on an island that the main way of transporting from one island to another is General Aviation shows an absolute, ignorant, abuse of power.
The TFR in the plains of Texas or even in the wilds of Maine is one thing. But to bottle up a way of life on an island's people just so a man and his family can enjoy a vacation is deplorable and something should be said.
What better place than it be said in Sim Outhouse

yank51
December 22nd, 2009, 12:24
To get this in before this thread gets stopped I just have to say you are wrong wrong wrong HD, period. The sitting president didn't write the TFR, the secret service (I'd guess anyway...) did. To call it an abuse of power, is just wrong. Perhaps the president isn't even aware of how much interruption this will cause, as people such as us who are more aviation minded do understand. This is just another way for the right-wingers to blame something on this president is all... You guys need to muck-up and deal with the fact we'll have it this way for at least another 3 years, if not 7... Just my 2 cents is all...:frown:

djscoo
December 22nd, 2009, 12:41
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=28192

:running:

Toastmaker
December 22nd, 2009, 13:08
Helldiver, probably best if you brought this over to the Quarter Moon Saloon. . .

Henry
December 22nd, 2009, 13:13
Sorry Henry, I never disagree with you about anything but in this case I do. The fact that the offending party happens to be a politican or a powerful business man or whoever, the effects are the same. To impose this TFR on an island that the main way of transporting from one island to another is General Aviation shows an absolute, ignorant, abuse of power.
The TFR in the plains of Texas or even in the wilds of Maine is one thing. But to bottle up a way of life on an island's people just so a man and his family can enjoy a vacation is deplorable and something should be said.
What better place than it be said in Sim Outhouse
not disagreeing with the sentiments
it is wrong to close an island
but No Politics here
i did not close it for my personal feelings i closed it
because of politics
Toast is correct
im sorry but this is not the place
H