PDA

View Full Version : Twins for christmas?

grunau_baby
December 22nd, 2009, 04:54
...need your opinions, please! I want to give myself a present - more or less - and I am in need of a good GA twin. No real deal in my hangar there. I have the following choice:

1. Real Air Duke, definetely looks best and RA´s quality is superb, but the price is steep, especially with the upcomming Lizzy (feating me in "Broke for X-mass":icon_lol:)
2. The Carenado Seneca, solid Carenado quality, price is right...(?)
3. WSSimulations Piper Seminole, price is allright and sometimes I do simply prefer supporting small developers just for the sake of it! Looks okay, reviews are okay, a bit few dull paints IMHO...maybe a small objection, but overall ... a lowcost-goody!

I hate having a choice, cannot decide...never, grrrr:isadizzy: Help!;-)

BTW: Merry Christmas!
Alex

JimC1702
December 22nd, 2009, 05:39
The Duke is spendid! Also take a look at Eaglesoft's Twin Comanche. It's one of the best.

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/Piper_TC.htm

Jim

FLighT01
December 22nd, 2009, 05:48
I have #'s 1 and 3. 1 is the one.

(Carenado does make good planes but I have no experience with them...yet.)

BOOM
December 22nd, 2009, 06:09
I also have The Duke out of the 3......It's in a class all it's own.....It's Stunning!!!!

warchild
December 22nd, 2009, 12:41
Carenados Aztec or eaglesofts twin commanchee.. but then, i'm a piper person :)..
as an aside 9and to make things even more confusing 0 the recently released Epic from lionheart studios is simply drop dead stunning and with performance that will keep you smiling for hours after the flight..
Pam

falcon409
December 22nd, 2009, 12:45
The Twin Comanche is superb:salute:

MCDesigns
December 22nd, 2009, 13:09
Alex, the big question is how well do you have FSX dialed in? The Duke, it a beautiful machine, but a little harder on the frames than the seneca. me personally, I go back and forth from the Seneca and the DA Cheyenne

jpmouse
December 22nd, 2009, 13:54
I'm still flying the FSD Seneca V and I love it still. It has a 2D panel (Steam and digital) which the Carenado does not.

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Seneca/index.htm

JP

grunau_baby
December 23rd, 2009, 11:17
Thanks for the input!

I am getting closer, I guess:
Well, the probably FPS hit (and the price) seems to rule the Duke out, though it looks great! Moreover I am also a Piper nut, too. The Piper Seminole still doesn´t fully convince me in terms of liveries. That leaves the Carenado Seneca. I have - for my part - always liked Carenado´s work and enjoy their small Pipers a lot. So this must be it... Not purchased yet, will see!

Regards
Alex

cbreeze
December 23rd, 2009, 19:01
I just picked up the Carenado Seneca and it has become my favorite airplane. All of his airplanes are great but IMO this is the best of the lot. I also have about 50 hours in the real aircraft and it brings back many pleasant memories. The modeling and sounds are right on. You can't go wrong with this as your twin choice.

Hope this helps,

cbreeze

Kiwikat
December 23rd, 2009, 19:10
Grab the Duke. :engel016:

ryanbatc
December 23rd, 2009, 19:31
RealAir Duke :applause:

grunau_baby
December 23rd, 2009, 23:03
The Seneca will be first!

The Duke will stay on my list though for later pleasures!

Alex