PDA

View Full Version : Favorite things to do in the X-Universe

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2009, 01:34
I was just curious what you all like most to do in X3. We seem to have 'favorite' fields of work...

I'll start. I have three.

I love finding ships for sale that are cheap and going in and repairing them and getting them running again. Sometimes I'll sell one, but usually I try to keep them all. The freighters keep pretty busy and run automated 'Universal Trader' routes continually.

Another is exploring. Love finding the good sectors and some awe inspiring views. Flying through a unknown Nebulae is like flying at night in a plane in the rain. Being over a huge planet with cloud systems and mountains is pretty cool to look at.

Lastly.... Rescuing.. I love to pounce on pirates right when they are in the middle of attacking innocents. Nothing like that feeling. :d

Bill

harleyman
December 22nd, 2009, 03:46
Well Bill I can tell you this.......

My least favorite thing is waiting for it....HeHe LOL :wavey:

Craig Taylor
December 22nd, 2009, 05:09
I take a perverse pleasure in jumping the Duke's boys and getting them to bail - resulting in a free ship and sometimes some nice cargo. I have a nice Demeter Super Hauler from my latest encounter.

I also like blasting pirates. Nothing like listening to their chatter as I knock holes in their hulls - "You are losing much profitssss..." :icon_lol: They usually leave behind some nice missiles. I think I've only purchased missiles once, on my first weapons loadout.

gigabyte
December 22nd, 2009, 15:47
Oh Bill what a thing to do to me... where do I start, I am with you on the exploring part, I tend to get off track with missions and looking for nasties just so I can "Blow Stuff UP" from time to time, but I always tend to go back to just plain exploring. It is cool to start fresh with nothing mapped and just head out and see what you can find, of course I have been at it so long I know the basic layout and can find most of the sectors by memory but I still have the fun of exploring the details and finding those abandoned ships and the occational furball to keep things lively.

I do like picking up missions on occation, they add nice variety and it costs nothing to open the comm chanel and see what folks are looking for help with, there are often some good pay days on the missions to boot.

I guess what I like most is the variety, regardless of my mood there is something I can find to suite my desire at any time.