PDA

View Full Version : Seabee CG Livery WIP

falcon409
December 21st, 2009, 21:50
Just started:

OBIO
December 21st, 2009, 23:07
Are those intake warning markings on either side of the grill?

falcon409
December 22nd, 2009, 06:26
Yep, but that set is left over from the Navy version. The CG version looks entirely different.

falcon409
December 22nd, 2009, 07:19
Getting closer! Not related to just this livery, but both actually (Navy version and this one), is it necessary for me to post a texture set sized to the originals in DXT3 format? Thus far, I've done both twice size for clarity, but then saved them as both 32bit and DXT3. Just wondering.

falcon409
December 22nd, 2009, 08:45
One other note on that question and a few other observations. The intake area on that particular airplane is even different from the PAD model, so it won't look the same as the original. Also, on the original there is a chrome trim that goes around the entire outer edge of the intake. . .that's not do-able on the model. Aft of the main body where the fuselage tapers drastically, there is a walk area along the top of that narrow tail section, also not doing that because the texture stretches too much so the effect isn't a nice clean edged "pad".

The textures are done, so I'll be posting the Coast Guard version in about an hour.

falcon409
December 22nd, 2009, 09:29
Livery has been uploaded to SOH.