PDA

View Full Version : Donīt Toast your CPU now!!!!!!

gera
October 31st, 2008, 06:32
If you are like me who likes to "tinker" with your PC in order to get the most of it you have some kind of "acceleration" or "overdrive" software to fool around with. You probably fool around with your Video card too.....Well yesterday I downloaded " EVA Precision 1.3.3"....this is what they advertise about it..
" This program allows you to fine tune your GeForce graphics card for the maximum performance possible, with Core/Shader/Memory clock tuning, real time monitoring support including in-game, Logitech Keyboard LCD Display support, and compatibility with almost all EVGA (and other) graphics cards."

..........and it sure does!!!!. I took it through its paces over my Nvidia 9800GT for about two hours together with FSX. It is really good. As you tune your card you can save each "stage" and when you find the best one you just erase the others and now you have either a "streaker" EVGA card/FSX combination that will really upgrade your viewing pleasure or you have a "Toasted" CPU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rocket:.....(not really) since it also gives you a "quick" F key to press if smoke starts to come out!!!!!!.....:ichile:

This is really a nice product (Freeware) guys and from now on it sure will be part of my FSX arsenal...............check it out here::bump:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/EVGA-Precision-1.3.3-download-2112.html

harleyman
October 31st, 2008, 06:42
I used it too...Its a nice one for sure....:applause:

gera
October 31st, 2008, 07:07
I used it too...Its a nice one for sure....:applause:

Hi Harleyman....saw you at the FSAdventureSky forum.....it really is a very good addon for your card. I am getting much better fps plus graphics on my card...

Butcherbird17
October 31st, 2008, 09:27
EVGA Precision tool is made by the same guy (Unwinder) who makes Riva Turner. He just updated PT because we lost fan control with the newer 180.xx series drivers, he is working on the update for RT now (if it isn't already out). I like PT as it's more user friendly then RT, but if you really want to tinker with your cards settings, RT is the best tool to do it. RT also works with ATI cards.:applause:

Joe

oakfloor
October 31st, 2008, 09:30
I have tried a program like that, and all it did was cause my nivda 6800 video card to go crazy. I need a better card

kilo delta
October 31st, 2008, 09:55
Just be sensible about overclocking your GFX cards.........don't go too wild. Many cards have bad application of the thermal paste directly from the manufacturer.Before overclocking my cards I always remove the heatsinks, clean off the old thermal paste and apply a fresh layer of Artic Silver 5. Also worth investing in a can of compressed air to clean out the GFX cards heatsink fan from time to time.I've literally had to throw out dozens of GFX cards that were incorrectly overclocked by customers....thus rendering the cards out of warranty.

SirBenn21
October 31st, 2008, 17:31
Just a question. Could you use it with nHancer software?

Is it just a Hardware fine tuner?

Butcherbird17
October 31st, 2008, 17:52
Yes you can use it with nHancer. Precision tool is for overclocking your vid card.

Joe

hey_moe
October 31st, 2008, 18:01
OCing the video card I have never seen that much of a difference in the gaming or FPS. I have smoked a few cards...only thing it did was burn the Wally a bit...lol...I got better performance OCing the processor just a waddle bit. Heat is the number one killer. I know some in here swear that they Iced the card and the processor and gained a huge increase in the FPS....but for me I never saw that much...Mike

stansdds
November 1st, 2008, 04:46
I agree with Moe, I've overclocked RAM, CPU and video cards, my biggest gains were found in overclocking the CPU. My fastest screw ups came with overclocking RAM and video cards.