PDA

View Full Version : bullet train and a babe

cheezyflier
December 21st, 2009, 14:30
she's a real cutie, (my wife) standing by the first bullet train

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/trainbabe2.jpg

OBIO
December 21st, 2009, 14:32
How totally cool! Is it just me or does the nose of that bullet train look a lot like the nose of a DC4 or other similar aircraft.

OBIO

thedude247
December 21st, 2009, 15:00
Thats false advertising. LOL:icon_lol:

harleyman
December 21st, 2009, 16:25
?????

Lost as usual......:isadizzy:

Eoraptor1
December 21st, 2009, 16:53
Cheezy, she looks so serious.

JAMES

FlyTexas
December 21st, 2009, 17:16
Cheezy, she looks so serious.

JAMES

...and so young. Sorry...couldn't resist. :icon_lol: A great pic, Cheezy! It's amazing how fast those trains could go.

Brian

Chacha
December 21st, 2009, 17:21
Bullet Train!

Your wife looked sooooo cute! ;)

I remember riding in those in my younger years, when my Dad was stationed in Narita, Japan! :running:

FlyTexas
December 21st, 2009, 17:26
I don't know if I'd have the nerve to ride one of those trains. Check out this video. Yikes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkoz8aEUssQ

Brian

cheezyflier
December 21st, 2009, 19:02
cool video! i have seen ones of these guys who ride the outside of the trains!

HundertzehnGustav
December 21st, 2009, 22:21
How totally cool! Is it just me or does the nose of that bullet train look a lot like the nose of a DC4 or other similar aircraft.

OBIO

LOL!!!
:icon_lol:
the first thing i thought was: B-17 F?

srgalahad
December 21st, 2009, 22:56
I don't know if I'd have the nerve to ride one of those trains. Check out this video. Yikes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkoz8aEUssQ

Brian

300 KmH or 187 MPH.. about the same as the approach speed of a B737... and you don't have to worry about the 3rd dimension... Well, ok.. it's a whole bunch faster than any train in the US, but...why scary?

Piglet
December 22nd, 2009, 00:33
srgalahad,
Just noticed your avatar! Too cool!!:ernae:

exc141ac
December 22nd, 2009, 06:20
Kind of robbing the cradle ain't ya??? ;)

TARPSBird
December 22nd, 2009, 06:45
That is a cute pic. Japanese parents always dress their kids so nice.
Years ago I rode that same Shinkansen type from Tokyo to Kyoto and back. Very enjoyable trip, not scary at all. Excellent trackwork with no rocking and rolling like our Amtrak trains. Only sensation of speed was when you noticed how freakin' fast the countryside was passing by. When we passed Mt. Fuji I took several pics at different shutter speeds to make sure I got some un-blurred scenery besides Fuji-san. Dining car seating was limited so you sat at a table with other people, that was fun. :)

cheezyflier
December 22nd, 2009, 07:14
That is a cute pic. Japanese parents always dress their kids so nice.
Years ago I rode that same Shinkansen type from Tokyo to Kyoto and back. Very enjoyable trip, not scary at all. Excellent trackwork with no rocking and rolling like our Amtrak trains.

it's kinda sad, isn't it? amtrak should be an embarrasment to our v.p. who rode those rails to work every day for over a decade and did/is doing nothing to improve it. sadly, he is from my home state. the bullet train, otoh, has an unsurpassed safety record afaik.

TARPSBird
December 22nd, 2009, 07:44
Cheezy,
Back in 1999 I rode Amtrak's Capitol Limited to Chicago to visit my uncle. The Superliner high-level cars were nice but the trackwork (mostly Conrail) was horrible. The cars lurched so bad it was hard to walk down the aisle without ending up in somebody's lap. The train employees were lacking in customer service skills as well. Too bad frequent rider Biden hasn't done more to improve Amtrak service.

Panther_99FS
December 22nd, 2009, 09:40
:applause::applause::applause:

Panther_99FS
December 22nd, 2009, 14:04
cheezy,
I forgot to add that you ARE the gentleman, getting her this bouqet of flowers and such....:bump::kilroy:

cheezyflier
December 22nd, 2009, 18:33
that woman has more muscle than i have wife!

she's a floral designer, so for me to give her flowers i'd have to find someone who was better than her. there's not too many of those.