PDA

View Full Version : ROGER D. reno race package

moonbutter2
December 21st, 2009, 12:18
Merry Christmas Everyone,

Sorry, I have nothing to give you.....

But If there is a Santa out there that could help me figure out how to Fix the Canopy on Roger D. reno race package of P-51s I will send you some cookies and milk or some Frittos and Malt liquor.

When I convert the skins the canopy is not clear. What can be done to fix that.

Ryan

moonbutter2
December 23rd, 2009, 14:59
I was just looking for a hint on how to do this. Can anyone give me a hand?

Jagdflieger
December 23rd, 2009, 15:04
I've never flown this package or converted it, but it sounds like it might be an alpha channel issue. Post a screen shot if you can and I'm sure one of our painters will have a solution.

Sopwith Chameleon
December 23rd, 2009, 15:37
The square outlined in red in the attached controls the canopy - you need to change it to pure black or pure green - set up the alpha channel and save as DXT3

Next, open the the alpha channel and adjust the grey scale until you get the degree of transparancy you want (Pure Black = totally transparent, Pure White = totally solid)

Then, refresh the alpha channel, and re-save as DXT3 (this process means you will loose a bit of detail from the Bitmap - thats why I don't like it)

Merry Xmas !

Jim :santahat:

OBIO
December 23rd, 2009, 16:12
I made up an alpha file for the canopy...you may need to adjust the color of the gray box to get the amount of transparency that you want. Attaching a zip file with the alpha bmp inside. To use the alpha bmp, unzip it to a safe place and use the IMPORT ALPHA option (first button on the left under the alpha window...the one that looks like a file folder).

OBIO

moonbutter2
December 24th, 2009, 06:10
I don't have thoption to save as a Dxt3. Do I need to get a new Editor?

ryan

Jagdflieger
December 24th, 2009, 07:19
Go to Martin Wright's Graphic site:

http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/

Click on the DXT icon. It's a pretty easy program to use. Even I get good results with it and I'm the ultimate Luddite with computers.

moonbutter2
December 24th, 2009, 08:25
I wish I new how to take a picture of this thing! I used the info you guys gave me to fix the canopy and added the Wozza DP and Air file. It is B E A utiful!

Thank Y'all for you help.

Merry Christmas!

P. S. I don't know which method worked on the Canopy so it will take me a while to do the other ones.

OBIO
December 24th, 2009, 23:53
Moonbutter and all other interested parties

Here's a very slick screen capture program. It's free, works like a charm. It will work with any program....simply because it runs independently...and captures your entire screen. It's called Snapper. You can take as many screen shots as you like without having to stop your sim, paste the capture into an image progam. Snapper saves each screenshot into a dedicated folder (which you can set up where ever you want it). I have my install set to take a screen shot when I hit the Print Screen button....easy to remember. I have taken as many as 300 screen shots during one 2 hour Alaskan bush flight in FS2004....and Snapper did not complain one bit.

Fire up Snapper, then fire up your sim, and begin taking pics. The images are saved at JPGs and are saved at what ever resolution your monitor is set at. My display is set at 1280 by 1024....and that is the resolution my screen shots are saved as. You can set it to make smaller pics to save HD space, but that really isn't necessary unless you have smaller HDs.

http://www.ovosoft.net/snapper/

OBIO

moonbutter2
December 26th, 2009, 06:20
Now I am going to try and attach it to this message. i thnk I did it. take a looky!

Jagdflieger
December 26th, 2009, 09:01
Whoo Hoo!

What did Hanibal say in the 70s TV show The A Team?

"Gotta love it when a plan comes together."

Now for part two of screen shots.

Get "Irfanview" from: http://www.irfanview.com/

With it you can manage your screen shots as well as crop them, change their size and a hundred other things.

Here is your new Mustang cropped and in black and white.