PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Scenery for FSX...

letsgetrowdy
December 21st, 2009, 07:28
I've just been to duxford recently, and realised that FSX desperatly needs some really good, ORBX quality scenery for this historic airfield, which for us Brits, is really special. it was the first RAF station in the UK to recieve a squadron of Spitfires in 1938. Some glorified detailed scenery of this lovely airport, (at which I will start working next year), would really bring the UK alive for us.
I've had a go with Dave Garwood's scenery for EGSU, which was fun, and included all the buildings accuratly rendered, and with the UK2000 Duxford, at which I was slightly dissapointed. This being that it had a very strange array of static aircraft including a 747, the blue angels, and a float plane??? I don't quite understand why more effort wasn't put into the Duxford by the UK2000 team, who are very gifted, and produce such wonderful airports like Birmingham Extreme etc.. However their FS9 airport scenry for Duxford was very good, and included 3D grass, and all the accurate static -planes.

GBrutus
December 21st, 2009, 07:50
An Orbx quality Duxford would be fantastic. I was thinking the same thing just recently, funnily enough.

IanP
December 21st, 2009, 08:08
Well you aren't getting a WW2 one from me...

a) because it won't meet your standards and
b) because the blithering place changed so often I'd never be able to pick one specific month to design it to! :icon_lol:

I'm sure you'll cope with this while someone who actually knows what they're doing with this lark comes up with one.

Lewis-A2A
December 21st, 2009, 08:58
There is alreadya really nice one out,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Madaboutsims/halesworth47.jpg :engel016:

I believe Dave did it, the chap who did the Beaufighter etc

calypsos
December 21st, 2009, 09:07
Dave's Duxford is still a WIP if I remember correctly. Members of CBFS

http://www.cbfsim.org/CBFS_HOME.php

can download the beta from the member's page. You will need Ted Andrew's scenery object additions too, like my Thorney Island.

IanP
December 21st, 2009, 09:39
...You will need Ted Andrew's scenery object additions too, like my Thorney Island.

And all my stuff. Yup. I see some familiar looking buildings in that shot. :engel016:

Snuffy
December 21st, 2009, 10:00
Is this a true blue vintage ww2 Duxford?

(Oh and as regards comments about ted andrews stuff ... even when I get around to releasing some of my stuff.)

IanP
December 21st, 2009, 10:17
Is this a true blue vintage ww2 Duxford?

Building immediately behind the tower says no... Far too pretty to be a pre-war RAF hangar!

Lewis-A2A
December 21st, 2009, 10:19
No Snuffy, it represents duxford as it is right now as a part of the Imperial war museum.

Snuffy
December 21st, 2009, 10:30
I thought that building in the background looked outta place ... okay I'll pass on this one.