PDA

View Full Version : Dancats Mosca

Autothrottle
December 20th, 2009, 21:14
Hello all,

This is a well put together fighter! However, the only issue is that it still won't start up on autostart while it sits on the runway.

Dancat or Lewis, please tell me how to get her started. Ive changed the airfile config according to what lewis told me and deleted both bdp's with still no luck.

What else is there to do? I followed the checklist , but there is no manual autostart as the game tells you. Press 'E' and it cranks up , then stops. Is the fuel possibly a factor? I always fly on a full tank, maybe it shifted.

flyer01
December 20th, 2009, 23:59
Autothrottle, You must change the auto_ignition=0 to look like this-----------autoignition=1

flyer01:salute:

SW
December 21st, 2009, 03:12
Hi flyer01,

I've had a similar problem with a different plane - which file does the auto_ignition need to be set in? I can't actually find it set in any of my aircraft? Of course, I've been known not to find obvious things before!

thanks in advance,

SW

flyer01
December 21st, 2009, 04:00
Hi flyer01,

I've had a similar problem with a different plane - which file does the auto_ignition need to be set in? I can't actually find it set in any of my aircraft? Of course, I've been known not to find obvious things before!

thanks in advance,

SW

You will find the file that you need in the main plane file that you need to fix. open the AIRcraft.cfg with notepad look for [piston_engine] then auto_ignition=0 You have to change to autoignition=1

hope this helps

Emile
December 21st, 2009, 06:44
Hello Autothrottle ,
Do you have the black propeller in one of the models?
If not what have you modified?

gosd
December 21st, 2009, 07:43
Answer is at item #26 in Dancats Polikarpov I-16 Uploaded (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27647) thread:icon_lol:

Emile
December 21st, 2009, 08:18
Hi gosd,
How do I open the m3d file?

What tool, product do I need? Notepad does not work on this type of file.
Thanks in advace.

"The propeller issue stems from the .m3d asking for something called "lft46_i16_prop_b.dds" which doesn't exist - I replaced it with "lft46_i16_prop_s.dds" which does, and which is called for anyway"

MajorMagee
December 21st, 2009, 08:58
Try http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

Emile
December 21st, 2009, 10:25
Hello Major:salute:,
Product installed. I think I understood how to use it (was IT programmer long time ago) But when I try to replace the b. with a s. the file is not updated and saved.

More help possible?
Thanks in advance

wsmwsm
December 21st, 2009, 13:53
If you are using Vista, you may have to copy the I-16 file, or at least the Model file, to your desktop or another location outside of CFS3. Then make the change, save it, and copy the folder back to CFS3.

dancat
December 21st, 2009, 14:15
easy, first copy the prop texture and name it lft46_i16_prop_b
texture done.
then change the line in the aircraft cfg that says
normalized_starter_torque = 0.0025
to a value of 0.035000
now auto start will work or if you use manual start, she'll fire up like a new Honda, not like a late 1930's ww2 area Russian airplane..

MajorMagee
December 21st, 2009, 17:57
Hello Major:salute:,
Product installed. I think I understood how to use it (was IT programmer long time ago) But when I try to replace the b. with a s. the file is not updated and saved.

More help possible?
Thanks in advance

Under the "Tools" menu make sure you check both "Text Mode" and "Overwrite".

Autothrottle
December 21st, 2009, 19:48
Hello Autothrottle ,
Do you have the black propeller in one of the models?
If not what have you modified?

Yes I believe it was the first one: the type 24. It has a black circle for a prop. I modified the aircraft configuration file Normalized starter torque to 0.035 as lewis said , but thats the only mod I've done to the whole aircraft. Surprisingly, it works when you set the altitude in the game to 2500 feet and above. However, when you manage to land and cut power, the engine dies and won't start again. So, Dancat I'll try the 0.03500 settings and see if I have any luck.

Autothrottle
December 21st, 2009, 20:32
You will find the file that you need in the main plane file that you need to fix. open the AIRcraft.cfg with notepad look for [piston_engine] then auto_ignition=0 You have to change to autoignition=1

hope this helps

The auto ignition for Dancats Mosca remains at 0 and it still starts once the starter torque is set to his recommended 0.03500. Great bird Dancat!

Man, she's really fast. Albeit I wonder if she's faster than your notorious butcher bird 190? I'll have to test it in a Dogfight to see for myself.

Any fixes for the type 24's black prop though? Maybe some shared files or something I might have missed?

Emile
December 21st, 2009, 22:12
hello,
"Any fixes for the type 24's black prop though? Maybe some shared files or something I might have missed?"
What I have done : I moved from the texture the "lft46_i16_prop_s.dds" to an other folder, renamed it in "lft46_i16_prop_b.dds" and moved it back to the texture folder .
so it looks like see attached and it works.

wsmwsm
December 22nd, 2009, 12:06
Emile:

Are you using Vista and did you download a hex file editor for Vista? I had the same prop issue and I knew nothing about a hex editor until you posted and asked how to correct the black prop here. I then downloaded a hex editor, made the change to the file on the desktop and installed the "fixed" I-16 type 24. Seems to work.

The file I "fixed" is in the Model folder entitled "I_16_type24", an M3D file.

Autothrottle
December 22nd, 2009, 21:27
hello,
"Any fixes for the type 24's black prop though? Maybe some shared files or something I might have missed?"
What I have done : I moved from the texture the "lft46_i16_prop_s.dds" to an other folder, renamed it in "lft46_i16_prop_b.dds" and moved it back to the texture folder .
so it looks like see attached and it works.

Thanks Emile, Its worth a try.

I'll let you know if it works out fine.

gianlucabagatti
December 26th, 2009, 06:49
hi Dancat!
thks a lot for your I-16: I flew it as it was and against it also, tricky as I expected and as AI not impossible to shot down with latest bf 109 E´s, and I always had a very good feedback.
I did not experience troubles once fixed the black prop issue: wanted to modify the FM as Lewis and someone else said but in principle it worked well from the beginnin for me.....
what I hope now is an IL-2............

my best regards, Gianluca

dancat
December 26th, 2009, 15:42
thanks everyone!
first I'd like to say the I-16 had no adjustable trim that I know of so if your plane doesn't fly like you'd like it to than too bad.
I hate to be so negative but I lost interest in CFS3 a long time ago and thought I was doing some good by uploading some old models.
I'll pass on anymore cfs3 work, I can use my models for other stuff.

Jon

thrasmussen
December 26th, 2009, 17:01
I, for one, have never seen a model of yours that I didn't like.:applause::jump: If the aircraft flies weird; live with it or fix it up the way you want it.

ndicki
December 27th, 2009, 04:45
Jon, that I-16 is a nice piece of kit - I'm enjoying it tremendously! Thanks!

Meanwhile, I'm looking at further skins and a mos file, which will I hope be my contribution to getting it up to full speed!

dancat
December 27th, 2009, 05:50
thanks Nigel,
I'll finish the vc someday hopefully soon.
I have the PS template if you want it for panel lines.

ndicki
December 27th, 2009, 05:55
thanks Nigel,
I'll finish the vc someday hopefully soon.
I have the PS template if you want it for panel lines.

I'd be very grateful! I've already made a start on the fuselage, just going by your own panel lines in most cases, but anything that'll accelerate things will make it more likely that I'll get it done! :ernae: You have my e-mail, don't you?

dancat
December 27th, 2009, 11:11
I had it but it seems I lost it! ha,ha
pm it to me and I'll send it right over.

Jon

ndicki
December 27th, 2009, 11:13
On its way!

dancat
December 27th, 2009, 11:29
template sent!
can't wait to see what ya got in mind.

Autothrottle
December 27th, 2009, 19:41
Dancat!

Wow what a bird this Mosca is! The black prop is gone on the type 24 (thanks emile and Dancat) She needs coaxing on the throttle at takeoff , otherwise my wingmen seem to run into me all the time! Very realistic and challenging, a must for any CFS3 pilot!

Once airborne, Let's just say, Dancat+Mosca= Nitrous Boost. anyone agree?:ernae:

ndicki
December 27th, 2009, 22:46
Anyone got any suggestions for paint schemes, let me know! :running:

ndicki
December 28th, 2009, 02:36
Meanwhile, the MOS file is finished. If you're wondering why there is a Polish square on the fin, be patient.
The skin is essentially Jon's that he was kind enough to let me fiddle about with... Be patient!

NachtPiloten
December 28th, 2009, 14:39
Hello,

I have made new flightmodels for the two planes. I believe that these will be used in a release in the near future.

TK

ndicki
December 28th, 2009, 22:32
Hello,

I have made new flightmodels for the two planes. I believe that these will be used in a release in the near future.

TK

Swop you for the mos file!

ndicki
December 29th, 2009, 03:04
WIP... And the .mos files to be going on with. I'll include them with the skins in any case.

HouseHobbit
December 29th, 2009, 16:42
Okay who do i have to Kiss or Kill to get some of these great skins for the I-16's..I would Love to use them in Missions I am working up for this wonderful bird..
I can either Kill or Kiss as needed..
Thanks All for the previews
And Bravo to all involved..
Thank You..

ndicki
December 29th, 2009, 23:23
Start by kissing Dancat - he passed his skin template to me - ie pretty well everything I need in order to get started right away! All I'm doing is a bit of tweaking here and there, and applying colours and markings where appropriate. The fun bit, in other words!

I'll be uploading them soon.

Led Zeppelin
December 30th, 2009, 08:08
I'll be uploading them soon.
and then, the Fairey Battle skins :d

ndicki
December 30th, 2009, 08:17
Non, mais! Tu es penible avec tes fichus Battle skins!

One day... :mixedsmi:

lewis11777
December 30th, 2009, 11:52
Peut la force ętre avec vous!

greycap.raf
December 30th, 2009, 12:04
Anyone got any suggestions for paint schemes, let me know! :running:

Only one and knowing me you can probably guess it before clicking the link. VH-21, please... :kilroy:

http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/malli_1756/
http://www.sci.fi/~ambush/faf/i16.html

flyer01
December 30th, 2009, 12:05
WIP... And the .mos files to be going on with. I'll include them with the skins in any case.

ndicki, Thanks for the .mos files much needed.

flyer01

ndicki
December 30th, 2009, 22:27
Only one and knowing me you can probably guess it before clicking the link. VH-21, please... :kilroy:

http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/malli_1756/
http://www.sci.fi/~ambush/faf/i16.html (http://www.sci.fi/%7Eambush/faf/i16.html)

Anyone with half a brain could have seen that one coming - which says a lot about the state I'm in at the moment. You do realise it'll be an utter pig to paint, don't you? Wouldn't you rather have VH-201 0r 101?

greycap.raf
December 31st, 2009, 07:22
Anyone with half a brain could have seen that one coming - which says a lot about the state I'm in at the moment. You do realise it'll be an utter pig to paint, don't you? Wouldn't you rather have VH-201 0r 101?

No doubt it's challenging to say the least. VH-201 is the same aircraft in its earlier phases, IR-101 looks like a very stereotypical scheme but it has the wrong nose shape. Your pick, and there's always the option to skip it entirely.

Autothrottle
January 2nd, 2010, 00:18
I've noticed some excellent skins for Dancats Mosca in the Russkie section. Dancat please help me out because I like the skins you already supplied the original model, but these new ones look so beautiful I can't choose!:applause:

ndicki
January 2nd, 2010, 00:35
Make stand-alones. That's the whole point! If you look inside my skins folders, you'll find a tutorial on how it's done if you aren't sure.

Autothrottle
January 2nd, 2010, 15:56
Make stand-alones. That's the whole point! If you look inside my skins folders, you'll find a tutorial on how it's done if you aren't sure.

I love your skins is the whole point! Nevertheless of whatever tutorial you provide, you still make the skins look beautiful! It helps, but you must understand you have some great looking skins!

ndicki
January 2nd, 2010, 23:39
Thanks you - although as I've said, I can't claim much credit for this one. Jon did all the real work!

Autothrottle
January 5th, 2010, 21:46
Lots of new skins out for the Mosca, i guess now she can also be classified as the Rata too.

Dancat, excellent work. To all the guys who spend time in the hangers painting these aircraft, thanks.

P.S. With all the repaints just for Dancats Mosca, please guys don't inhale too much paint! Its not good for the war effort!:wiggle:

ndicki
January 6th, 2010, 10:24
I really must do a Nationalist one, too. There were a few.