PDA

View Full Version : Orbx releases FSX GO, the ultimate FSX launcher.

JayKae
December 20th, 2009, 15:22
Here is our latest release guys :)

Welcome to tweaker's heaven! Orbx's FSX Go puts your favourite tweaks and saved flights together into a single profile. Setting your tweaks and launching FSX with your saved flight is now done in one simple action. Never forget to set Texture Max Load and other key tweaks ever again!

FSX Go has been designed with both casual and ardent tweakers in mind. The package comes with a lengthy list of the most popular tweaks for the FSX.cfg which should satisfy most tweaking needs. It also ships with a tweak editor, which allows you to add and edit your own tweaks to the Master Tweaks list. For those with some knowledge of batch file scripting you can point FSX Go at your own batch file to launch FSX giving you even greater flexibility.

FSX GO allows you to add as many or few custom tweaks as you want, create your own master list of tweaks, launch any of your old saved flights, plus apply tweaks to them, or launch using your own custom batch files, apply custom FSX splash screens and more. This utility costs AUD$9.90.

FSX GO is now available from http://fullterrain.com (http://fullterrain.com/)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
To purchase please visit: http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1139 (http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1139)<o:p></o:p>

MCDesigns
December 20th, 2009, 16:00
Nice, thanks Jay!

Even though I don't utilize any tweaks persay, looks like a neat utility.

Now bring on BOB, LOL.

Dexdoggy
December 20th, 2009, 16:30
Impulsive buy! But anything "Orbx" I have got has never let me down and it looks like a great tool so I will work out what it does later! :icon_lol:

spotlope
December 20th, 2009, 16:34
I've only been using it for a couple of days now, but it's really speeded my scenery testing. Don't tell anyone, but I've also set up a profile for... gasp... flying! :monkies:

MCDesigns
December 20th, 2009, 16:44
Don't tell anyone, but I've also set up a profile for... gasp... flying! :monkies:

SAY IT ISN'T SO BILL!!

That is my goal so far, a profile for designing and one for flying.

wiltzei
December 20th, 2009, 23:24
Can the launcher be used in conjunction with FPS Limiter v0.2?

koorby
December 21st, 2009, 02:03
Can the launcher be used in conjunction with FPS Limiter v0.2?

Yes it can, there's full support for custom batch files.

Ebo
December 22nd, 2009, 09:02
I've only been using it for a couple of days now, but it's really speeded my scenery testing. Don't tell anyone, but I've also set up a profile for... gasp... flying! :monkies:
Thanks Bill for that comment. I'll consider getting this one too!

dswo
December 22nd, 2009, 12:33
...it's really speeded my scenery testing.

How's it doing that, Bill?

spotlope
December 22nd, 2009, 12:45
How's it doing that, Bill?

I've set up a profile that loads one of several saved flights at various locations around the airport, turned off traffic (for speed of loading), and set up a number of parameters such as mesh resolution and autogen density to numbers that are at higher levels than those I use for regular flying, all so I can test performance in a "worst case" environment. Nothing that FSX Go does is revolutionary or can't be done by starting FSX, tweaking some settings, and flying, but it's so much faster to have everything pre-set and ready to go at the touch of a button. Another example: I have my dev flights set to load FSX in windowed mode so I can use Instant Scenery, whereas I normally fly in full-screen. It saves me an alt-enter when starting.

Cazzie
December 24th, 2009, 13:45
I like it, but one thing I dare not do is enter any buffer coding at all. I have to eliminate that from my FSX.cfg or the sim stutters and shakes like you would not believe, even though showing 40-45 fps on the FRAPS rater. Much better eliminated totally and smoother at 24 fps.

Here's another deal. I've read all about that TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30 stuff. With the set-up I use, I can see no difference in frame rates whether I set it at 30 or 300, just much better visuals at 300.

I cannot set the affinity with the Orbx Tool, because I have only a dual-core processor. However, I can set the affinity using the Task Manager while in the sim.

Caz

GaryGB
December 26th, 2009, 07:21
I like it, but one thing I dare not do is enter any buffer coding at all. I have to eliminate that from my FSX.cfg or the sim stutters and shakes like you would not believe, even though showing 40-45 fps on the FRAPS rater. Much better eliminated totally and smoother at 24 fps.

Here's another deal. I've read all about that TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30 stuff. With the set-up I use, I can see no difference in frame rates whether I set it at 30 or 300, just much better visuals at 300.

I cannot set the affinity with the Orbx Tool, because I have only a dual-core processor. However, I can set the affinity using the Task Manager while in the sim.

Caz
Hi Cazzie:

A few questions, if I may: :kilroy:

* Do you have a PCIe or AGP motherboard/video card setup ?

* How much video RAM ("VRAM") do you have ?

* How much system RAM do you have ?

Thanks,

GaryGB

Cazzie
December 26th, 2009, 11:41
Hi Cazzie:

A few questions, if I may: :kilroy:

* Do you have a PCIe or AGP motherboard/video card setup ?

* How much video RAM ("VRAM") do you have ?

* How much system RAM do you have ?

Thanks,

GaryGB

Hi Gary,

I have and AMD dual-core 2.6 GHz, 4MB RAM, MSI SLI Ready Mainboard, two 8899 GTS nVidia cards in an SLI set up, PCIe plug-ins BTW.

Here's my dxdiag set up, picture are worth a thousand words.

I only use DX9 in FSX.

Caz

GaryGB
December 28th, 2009, 09:44
Hi Cazzie:

Thanks for your reply. ;)

I was curious about your ability to use a TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT ("TBM") larger than 80 without significantly correlated problems, and instead to have improved visual quality on FSX and on a PCIe video card.

I have previously seen that TBM can be increased dramatically on an AGP video card (especially in FS9) to improve graphics quality and perceived speed of display for terrain mesh, ground textures (especially photoreal), and autogen objects at a larger than default visual display (LOD) radius, while also allowing faster switching of camera views.

There appears to be an interaction between TBM and BufferPools in FSX which varies between video card hardware manufacturer and driver versions in FSX which makes for variable success in the ability to adjust the TBM and the ability to use a "defined" BufferPools greater than the FSX internal default (which reportedly is still used at a setting of 400000 even if the BufferPools statement does not appear in FSX.Cfg).

Perhaps you may be aware of the many valuable insights Nick Needham (Nick_N) has shared with us in his several long threads at SimViation ?

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041

This older Blog by Phil Taylor provides some interesting background on this interaction (although it was written more in reference to the then-current SP1 version of FSX):

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/06/01/fsx-tweak-of-the-week-or-2.aspx

And of course there was a clarification by Nick_N that the larger TBM was useful primarily for Photoreal Scenery users with minimal autogen slider settings in this thread:

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=254672&hl=Bufferpools+disable

Hope this info might be of some interest and/or help ! :mixedsmi:

PS: It's good to see a utility such as FSX GO now available for the FS Community to use while testing different configurations on performance ! :applause:

Regards,

GaryGB